Watch: Tucker Carlson has had enough of David Hogg rips him to shreds in epic new rant

Since we already know that murder laws (which carry the highest penalties) do not deter these crazies, then we can also assume that they will not follow a silly gun control law. Therefore, I have to conclude that the anti rights people just want to leave people at the mercy of criminals and the racist murdering cops. Because that is the only thing they will be accomplishing, disarming people and preventing them from defending themselves against the criminals and murderers in society. Creating a great and safe working atmosphere for the criminal and murderer. Nice.
Yes, of course it's about money. But the NRA still does not dictate gun policy.

And don't kid yourself into thinking that Democrat politicians are not taking money from lobby groups.

actually, right now it has been dictating gun policy, including the writing of statutes. that's what lobbyists do. and GOP pols are subject to their influence because you don't find one-issue NRA voters anywhere but the reddest states.

I'm not familiar with this issue. Can you give me an example of an NRA lobbyist dictating gun policy?

right now about 2% of Americans have 50% of the country's guns. those 2% are the one-issue voters. you see them spamming this board with NRA propaganda. the rest of the country wants enough regulation to prevent people who shouldn't have guns from getting them. that doesn't require bans. it doesn't require any infringement on the 2nd. it only requires a willingness to target the dangerously ill, felons and domestic abusers to make huge inroads.

the next posts you see will include some type of BS that those changes "won't end gun violence". that's probably true. but we basically have a mass shooting a day in this country. that's obscene and we don't look at any other problem and say "oh well, it won't solve the problem 100% so we won't do anything"

Pro 2nd Amendment people are not suggesting we do nothing in lieu of banning firearms. They and the NRA have proposed alternative measures to approach the problem but, just as you say 2nd Amendment supporters do, pro gun control advocates say it won't solve the problem. So around and around we go.
Maybe, maybe not. But they still don't dictate gun policy. If the NRA has some conservatives by the balls it's because they allowed it to happen.

money.....

And don't kid yourself into thinking that Democrat politicians are not taking money from lobby groups.

who said democrats don't take money from lobbying groups? just wondering.

but democrats don't take money from the gun manufacturers' lobby. do they? are people dying because of any lobbies democrats fund? Me? I don't think there should be any money in politics except for a set amount allocated by the government for people running for office. poof. no more lobbies with money.

on background checks (which is really the bulk of what people are talking about)

NRA Chief's Bogus Background Check Claims - FactCheck.org

Analysis | Fact-checking Trump, NRA claims on gun background checks

NRA funding

How The Gun Industry Funnels Tens Of Millions Of Dollars To The NRA

oh... and this is why NRA money matters in an election (part of which I've already elaborated upon)

The real reason the NRA’s money matters in elections

and hiding behind being "Pro 2nd amendment" is nonsense. you aren't "pro 2nd amendment". you're pro unlimited access to unlimited weapons by people who shouldn't be allowed to have those weapons.

and that has NEVER been what the 2nd amendment stands for. not ever... until NRA propaganda .... on behalf of gun manufacturers.

oh... there's a shooting at a school? 17 people were murdered? no problem. ... buy more guns, right?

I'll answer one of your questions

"are people dying because of any lobbies democrats fund"?

Answer is yes- Planned Parenthood

-Geaux
David Hogg is the bad guy, not the gun/criminal/terrorist lobby, not the mass murderer. WTF is wrong with the idiots here?

He's not a bad guy. He is a stupid brainwashed kid who doesn't really understand his rights or how AMERICA works.

Since we already know that murder laws (which carry the highest penalties) do not deter these crazies, then we can also assume that they will not follow a silly gun control law. Therefore, I have to conclude that the anti rights people just want to leave people at the mercy of criminals and the racist murdering cops. Because that is the only thing they will be accomplishing, disarming people and preventing them from defending themselves against the criminals and murderers in society. Creating a great and safe working atmosphere for the criminal and murderer. Nice.
actually, right now it has been dictating gun policy, including the writing of statutes. that's what lobbyists do. and GOP pols are subject to their influence because you don't find one-issue NRA voters anywhere but the reddest states.

I'm not familiar with this issue. Can you give me an example of an NRA lobbyist dictating gun policy?

right now about 2% of Americans have 50% of the country's guns. those 2% are the one-issue voters. you see them spamming this board with NRA propaganda. the rest of the country wants enough regulation to prevent people who shouldn't have guns from getting them. that doesn't require bans. it doesn't require any infringement on the 2nd. it only requires a willingness to target the dangerously ill, felons and domestic abusers to make huge inroads.

the next posts you see will include some type of BS that those changes "won't end gun violence". that's probably true. but we basically have a mass shooting a day in this country. that's obscene and we don't look at any other problem and say "oh well, it won't solve the problem 100% so we won't do anything"

Pro 2nd Amendment people are not suggesting we do nothing in lieu of banning firearms. They and the NRA have proposed alternative measures to approach the problem but, just as you say 2nd Amendment supporters do, pro gun control advocates say it won't solve the problem. So around and around we go.
money.....

but democrats don't take money from the gun manufacturers' lobby. do they? are people dying because of any lobbies democrats fund? Me? I don't think there should be any money in politics except for a set amount allocated by the government for people running for office. poof. no more lobbies with money.

on background checks (which is really the bulk of what people are talking about)

NRA funding

oh... and this is why NRA money matters in an election (part of which I've already elaborated upon)

and hiding behind being "Pro 2nd amendment" is nonsense. you aren't "pro 2nd amendment". you're pro unlimited access to unlimited weapons by people who shouldn't be allowed to have those weapons.

and that has NEVER been what the 2nd amendment stands for. not ever... until NRA propaganda .... on behalf of gun manufacturers.

oh... there's a shooting at a school? 17 people were murdered? no problem. ... buy more guns, right?

-Geaux
David Hogg is the bad guy, not the gun/criminal/terrorist lobby, not the mass murderer. WTF is wrong with the idiots here?

He's not a bad guy. He is a stupid brainwashed kid who doesn't really understand his rights or how AMERICA works.
AMERICA is all about the right to commit mass murder. I guess Hogg didn`t know that.

NRA funding

-Geaux

AMERICA is all about the right to commit mass murder. I guess Hogg didn`t know that.

Your silly hyperbole does nothing to further your argument. The 2nd amendment is not about the right to mass murder. Maybe you should go back to school (oh wait).

NRA funding

-Geaux

This is a perfect example of the brainwashing and propaganda from leftist anti rights turds.

And this is what it all boils down to with the leftist. An irrational fear of an inanimate object, an inability or unwillingness to take responsibility for their own self defense or that of their family, and a very poor understanding of their rights and how things work and why our rights are important. These are nothing but poorly educated non critical thinkers.

NRA funding

-Geaux

This is a perfect example of the brainwashing and propaganda from leftist anti rights turds.

no, hack.

NRA funding

-Geaux

Your silly hyperbole does nothing to further your argument. The 2nd amendment is not about the right to mass murder. Maybe you should go back to school (oh wait).

NRA propagandists are funny.

twat.

-Geaux

no, hack.

Yes, tard. That statement is nothing but hyperbole and foul propaganda. Almost as foul as you smell.

money.....

The NRA has conservatives by the balls

Young people like David Hogg want to hold them accountable

Maybe, maybe not. But they still don't dictate gun policy. If the NRA has some conservatives by the balls it's because they allowed it to happen.

money.....

NRA funding

-Geaux

that isn't the issue, little one.

-Geaux

NRA propagandists are funny.

twat.

Great arguments, fake councelor. Lol. :D

money.....

NRA funding

-Geaux

Right. The issue is that the NRA is a lobbyist group that is in the interest of the people's rights and protects one of our precious rights, which in turn protects them all.

money.....

NRA funding

-Geaux

Jillian must be a real whiz in the courtroom. :badgrin:

You would think Republicans attacking children was a step too far.

Guess, for once, about Republicans, I was wrong.

If he's not too young to say "fuck" every other word in an interview without parental repercussions then he's not too young to be attacked for his views.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other about Hogg or what he's trying to do. But what concerns me is what Tucker brought up in the video and that is that Hogg argues from a false paradigm that if you don't advocate for more gun control then you're a monster who wants to see more kids killed. This crap is patently false and was most likely spoon fed to him by other liberals via the media and whatnot. It's intellectually dishonest and lazy and renders one incapable of having a reasoned debate on the issue.
Hogg is highlighting the priorities of the right

It is not protecting children

And this is where kids like Hogg get these ridiculous ideas. It's bullshit. It's another false dichotomy and non sequitur. It does not necessarily follow that because you support 2nd Amendment rights that your priority is not protecting the children. 2nd Amendment supporters simply don't think that banning assault weapons or guns in general will fix the problem. And demonizing 2nd Amendment supporters will most certainly not fix the problem.
Hogg and his fellow students understand the situation better than conservatives give them credit for

They saw what happened after Sandy Hook. Politicians gave platitudes and laid low till it passé day away

These students are holding their hands to the fire. Elections are seven months away.....can they keep up the pressure?

They may or may not understand the situation better than conservatives give them credit for but Hogg and others like him are still wrong to think that these people don't care about the children just because they're 2nd Amendment supporters.
We had 19 six year olds slaughtered at Sandy Hook and did not even expand background checks
We care more about not inconveniencing gun owners than we do about the safety of children

Hogg is correct

You would think Republicans attacking children was a step too far.

Guess, for once, about Republicans, I was wrong.

If he's not too young to say "fuck" every other word in an interview without parental repercussions then he's not too young to be attacked for his views.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other about Hogg or what he's trying to do. But what concerns me is what Tucker brought up in the video and that is that Hogg argues from a false paradigm that if you don't advocate for more gun control then you're a monster who wants to see more kids killed. This crap is patently false and was most likely spoon fed to him by other liberals via the media and whatnot. It's intellectually dishonest and lazy and renders one incapable of having a reasoned debate on the issue.

And this is where kids like Hogg get these ridiculous ideas. It's bullshit. It's another false dichotomy and non sequitur. It does not necessarily follow that because you support 2nd Amendment rights that your priority is not protecting the children. 2nd Amendment supporters simply don't think that banning assault weapons or guns in general will fix the problem. And demonizing 2nd Amendment supporters will most certainly not fix the problem.
Hogg and his fellow students understand the situation better than conservatives give them credit for

They saw what happened after Sandy Hook. Politicians gave platitudes and laid low till it passé day away

These students are holding their hands to the fire. Elections are seven months away.....can they keep up the pressure?

They may or may not understand the situation better than conservatives give them credit for but Hogg and others like him are still wrong to think that these people don't care about the children just because they're 2nd Amendment supporters.
Tell it to the parents of Sandy Hook

We had 19 six year olds slaughtered at Sandy Hook and did not even expand background checks
We care more about not inconveniencing gun owners than we do about the safety of children

Hogg is correct

Background checks lead to 'list' which leads to confiscation

-Geaux

Tell it to the parents of Sandy Hook

Insignificant emotional opinions. Emotion enables flawed decision making

-Geaux

money.....

NRA funding

-Geaux

Right. The issue is that the NRA is a lobbyist group that is in the interest of the people's rights and protects one of our precious rights, which in turn protects them all.
I`m glad someone is out there defending the rights of Muslim extremists and lunatics with guns. Relax people, the shooters will always have their rights. A classroom full of second graders, people at a concert, movie theater, etc. not so much. Spare me the stupid talk about gun free zones.

Tucker Carlson looks like that kid in the class who needs glasses.
images

Forum List

Back