Watch: This Is How We Could Turn Mars Into Earth 2.0

I find it hard to believe that you said that, Mr. Flacaltenn. Water vapor keeps the Earth livable? No, water vapor is a feedback from CO2. When we had the snowball earth, the CO2 was at a very low level and only after the volcanoes had put enough CO2 back into the atmosphere, did the Earth warm up again.

SNOWBALL EARTH

Jeebus. Snowball earth had little atmospheric water vapor either. Didn't it? Water vapor is not a "feedback from CO2". CO2 is just a more persistent and better distributed form of "insulation". With slightly better heat absorption characteristics. Water vapor is the DOMINANT greenhouse gas by far. So dominant -- it swamps 1/3 to 1/2 of the absorption capacity of CO2 where it exists.

Aw shucks, and here I thought me cooking over coal was the problem! Now what do I do with all natural gas and passed gas I have hoarded. Maybe "old Rocks" and "flacaltenn" have a need for passed gas.

Then we can crash some comets and icy planetoids in the asteroid belt into the planet to refill the oceans and with time rebuild the atmosphere. I aint disagreeing that water vapor is an important green house gas.

We can use gravity tractors or solar sails to slowly move these objects into Mars. Maybe I'll take thousands of years but it will be worth it.

Last edited:

I say we should try to do it! Of course, the backwards sheep riders won't like that but fuck em.

Honestly,1. I'd start with setting up machines on the surface to make more co2.
2. Create network of mirrors in space focusing sunlight onto the co2/water ice caps.
3. Engineer plants to suck up co2 and turn it into oxygen.

Maybe I'd take a few of the icy asteroids of the asteroid belt and slam it into the planet to increase the percentage of water.

Do you really believe that the military industrial complex doesn't have a base or colony on Mars? They are any where from 50 to 100 years ahead of what we are allowed to know. We have CPUs that can fit into the dimple of a golf ball that can make make a laptop computer run........you have no idea of the real technology that we "drones" are not allowed to know about.
I worked on computer systems while in the Army. They are not 50 years ahead of anyone.

NASA proposes a magnetic shield to protect Mars' atmosphere

Read more at: NASA proposes a magnetic shield to protect Mars' atmosphere

One of the more intriguing presentations took place on Wednesday, March 1st, where the exploration of Mars by human astronauts was discussed. In the course of the talk, which was titled "A Future Mars Environment for Science and Exploration", Director Jim Green discussed how deploying a magnetic shield could enhance Mars' atmosphere and facilitate crewed missions there in the future.
1-nasaproposes.jpg

One of the more intriguing presentations took place on Wednesday, March 1st, where the exploration of Mars by human astronauts was discussed. In the course of the talk, which was titled "A Future Mars Environment for Science and Exploration", Director Jim Green discussed how deploying a magnetic shield could enhance Mars' atmosphere and facilitate crewed missions there in the future.
1-nasaproposes.jpg
Interesting concept, until a power failure occurs then solar and cosmic radiation kills everything not protected.

1-nasaproposes.jpg
Interesting concept, until a power failure occurs then solar and cosmic radiation kills everything not protected.

ThunderKiss1965, The avatar you display would be a fitting tattoo for someone like myself. Where did you find that Bad Boy if you do not mind me asking. I am a 1966 RVN vet and think it is Tony The Tiger "GREAT"!

1-nasaproposes.jpg

Once the Atmosphere is rebuilt it will take tens of millions of years to get to that point. We could easily fix the shield or replace it within a few years.

We should have a back up power source and even a replacement ready to go at a moments notice.

Until that magnetosphere is properly addressed, any venture beyond enclosed habitats would be a foolish waste of resources.

In the meantime, lets develop the shit out of that planet!

Forum List

Back