Washington State gave billions away to the state aerospace industry

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
Boeing, new lobby group aim to keep $8.7 billion in state tax breaks
Boeing Co (BA.N) has joined a new coalition lobbying to preserve $8.7 billion in tax breaks that Washington state gave its aerospace industry in 2013, the group said.
The organization, launched on Tuesday, indicates growing opposition to changing the incentives, and aims to counter efforts by some state lawmakers to tie the tax breaks to employment in the state, said Maud Daudon, chief executive officer of the Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce, which is leading the effort.

Preserving the tax breaks has become a key issue since the incentives passed in 2013. The law said the tax cuts were designed to "maintain and grow" aerospace employment in the state. They are available to any aerospace manufacturer, not just Boeing.
Despite the passage of the tax breaks three years ago, Boeing has since eliminated 11,414 jobs in Washington, about 15 percent of its workforce in the state, according to the company's employment data.
That's a lot of money. Makes Carrier deal look like a candy purchase.
I am sure, SOMEHOW, this is different, though..
BTW, I don't have a problem with this. Except how Boeing eliminated 11K jobs! Fuck em!

this is an outrage. AN OUTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

Note: I actually don't care but thought i would contribute something because it wouldn't be nice if your thread went down in flames with 0 replies!

Forum List

Back