Washington Post : Obama Administration EXEMPTED BP's Gulf of Mexico drilling from ...

I can see how your selective highlighting like I did here would make you confused...WHAT exactly don't you understand about the bold type. Are you now saying he only received $77k over the last 20 years? WRONG.

Yes, I am saying that Mr Obama's total contribution from employees of BP was $77,000, over his entire career in Federal politics.

20 Years was the figure for the total run of the study.

Since Mr Obama has only been running for federal office for the past 7 years or so, that would mean that he has received approximately 10,000, per year from the staff of 80,000 people at BP, on average.

Even if we assume that all those donations were given during the 2008 campaign, the average American gave $2 to that campaign, putting BP employees well below the average, at about 95 cents per employee. Now, let's say about 2/3 of BP employees are from other countries, which I'd say would be a good estimate.

And that's only if we assume that ALL said contributions were given in 2008, which they probably were not.

That would put the level of contribution from BP employees to be just about at the national average.

So...how many PAC's associated with BP and the oil industry gave money to Obama then?

I can see how your selective highlighting like I did here would make you confused...WHAT exactly don't you understand about the bold type. Are you now saying he only received $77k over the last 20 years? WRONG.

Oh, and, highlighting or no, what part of:

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant

do you not understand?

Ooops. I guess all those huge political contributions BP and their employees gave to Obama persuaded him to look the other way.

transparency-lies.jpg

"...after three reviews of the area concluded that a massive oil spill was unlikely."

must have been because of the contributions. no doubt.:cuckoo:

why feel sorry for them? did you even read the full article?

it was the BUSH ADMINistration that reviewed their safety standards 3 times in 2007...and BP has lied about the risks?

Stop pointing out facts that make the contribution to the Obama campaign look like it is not responsible. How can we ever convince people how bad Obama is if you keep pointing out facts that dispute this? :eek:

it was the BUSH ADMINistration that reviewed their safety standards 3 times in 2007...and BP has lied about the risks?

Awww Care you just took the fun out of their spin.

We all know that Obama was supposed to have changed/fixed everything in a year or so.

There was no spin. It is outright deception and deceit. The OP lists the fact that the BP issue was reviewed 3 times with a decision a spill was not likely.

this is what the Right Wing Lunacy @ USMB has become...oblivious of how pathetic their attempts at deceit are.

the title of the thread you linked to is a lie, the WPost did NOT SAY the obama administration.

looks like the analysis that warranted the approval were all done by the interior dept back in 2007.....2 months in to the obama administration is not logistically enough time for that administration to run any of their own analysis.

you guys are just batcrap crazy in your quests to nail obama....it's amazing!:lol:

Obama Positioned to Quickly Reverse Bush Actions

Stem Cell, Climate Rules Among Targets of President-Elect's Team

By Ceci Connolly and R. Jeffrey Smith
Washington Post Staff Writers
Sunday, November 9, 2008

Transition advisers to President-elect Barack Obama have compiled a list of about 200 Bush administration actions and executive orders that could be swiftly undone to reverse White House policies on climate change, stem cell research, reproductive rights and other issues, according to congressional Democrats, campaign aides and experts working with the transition team. "

So it appears that he agreed with the Bush's administration's findings.

To date, all the facts on what went wrong have not even been established.

the causes of the current spill are still being determined, making it too early for a consensus name. "I don't think the dust has settled on this yet," he said. "I don't think it's one party or one source. One name may pop up eventually, but I don't know at this point.

But investigators have only begun to assemble evidence about what led to the accident last month. In addition to questioning BP and Transocean executives, congressional panels have asked officials from oil-services giant Halliburton to testify at hearings next week. Halliburton was responsible for sealing the pipeline that exploded. "

Ooops. I guess all those huge political contributions BP and their employees gave to Obama persuaded him to look the other way.

"...after three reviews of the area concluded that a massive oil spill was unlikely."

It's amazing how you partisans trust the government, especially Obama. This thread has brought forth some of the dumbest Obama apologists I've ever seen.

Now that we have a crisis on our hands, let's not forget the motto of the Obama Administration: "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."

The major corporations (the real players) are always going to support whichever president is a shoo-in. It's as simple as that. Why would they throw tons of donations down the drain at a loser?

Finally. Someone on the Left admits that BP poured "tons of donations" into the Obama campaign. Politicians can be bought.

How many dollars in a ton? in Brit money would a ton of money be 2000 british pounds?

No sir, YOU are clearly the partisan hack. Is there a problem with my math?

Are you saying that BP does not in fact have 80,000 employees, that 600 million divided by 300 million does not equal 2, or that 2 x 80,000 does not equal 160,000?

Which is it, cause I'd love to know? And I was replying to the post I quoted above, not to the OP, which is why I quoted the post, duh.

So, if I'm a "public school graduate", that would make you a "public school dropout".

Oh brother. Of course there's a problem with your math!!!!!

This is wrong:

And even if your silly assumption is correct, this is wrong:

The amount from BP is actually short.

You cannot assume the donations from the people of BP would equal 2x80,000 = $160,000 because it's not a representative sample population. "about $638,000 came from individuals."

Read!

Oh, no sir, it is you that lacks reading comprehension skills, not math skills.

The article you quoted notes $638,000 in total individual contributions to all candidates.

The total contributions from BP employees to Mr Obama over his entire career is $77,000 dollars.

Read the paragraph again.

It doesn't say that BP employees have contributed $77,000 to Obama. It says British Petroleum. :eusa_whistle:

READ!

It's amazing how you partisans trust the government, especially Obama. This thread has brought forth some of the dumbest Obama apologists I've ever seen.

Now that we have a crisis on our hands, let's not forget the motto of the Obama Administration: "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste."

Tell me about it!!!! These fuckers think Obama and big government is the savior yet they think the State police can't be trusted to enforce immigration laws....what a bunch of idiots on the left.

trust the government? make up your mind. I thought you were saying it was about a campaign contribution affecting 3 reviews taken before Obama ever got into office?

you imply anyone else elected would have done different. :lol:

:cuckoo:

Awww Care you just took the fun out of their spin.

We all know that Obama was supposed to have changed/fixed everything in a year or so.

There was no spin. It is outright deception and deceit. The OP lists the fact that the BP issue was reviewed 3 times with a decision a spill was not likely.

this is what the Right Wing Lunacy @ USMB has become...oblivious of how pathetic their attempts at deceit are.

:eusa_whistle:

Look where 16 million dollars in BP lobbyist money was spent in 2009. Kinda makes you wonder who's running the country...it sure as hell isn't our President or Congress.
ref: Center for Responsive Politics as discussed in a CNN article.
"In 2009, individuals and political action committees associated with BP donated $16,000 to members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee," the center found."
Obama was top recipient of BP-related dollars in 2008 - CNN.com

It doesn't say that BP employees have contributed $77,000 to Obama. It says British Petroleum. :eusa_whistle:

READ!

I did in fact "read". The sources listed for all contributions are from PACs and individual donors.

If you have some specific example of a PAC that donated to Obama, feel free to show us.

Since the data is constant with average American citizen's contributions to the Obama campaign, there is no reason to think that there was any contribution to the Obama campaign by a PAC, and certainly no reason to believe that there was any direct contribution from the corporation, as that would have been illegal.

Look where 16 million dollars in BP lobbyist money was spent in 2009. Kinda makes you wonder who's running the country...it sure as hell isn't our President or Congress.
"In 2009, individuals and political action committees associated with BP donated $16,000 to members of the House Energy and Commerce Committee," the center found."

Be that as it may, it does not change the fact that only $77,000 went to Mr Obama from individual donations from BP Employees.

Tell me about it!!!! These fuckers think Obama and big government is the savior yet they think the State police can't be trusted to enforce immigration laws....what a bunch of idiots on the left.

Oh, I'm sorry that we're not falling for your propaganda and spin Patek.

I promise to be more gullible in the future, k?
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

So he should have said/done nothing? Half this thread is blathering about the fact that five days went by before...um...before what? Still can't figure it out...Obama did(did not) do something. Now you're saying he jumped on the crisis in order to benefit from it?

Good gawd, you people make zero sense.

Oh, and one last point: "New" conservatives continue to bleat about less government, yet here we have a situation where you all are SHOCKED that the "goverment" isn't taking full responsibility, and further SHOCKED that harsher regulations weren't put in place by the government, and SHOCKED that they don't seem to be moving toward resolving the problem. Yup. Same old story: NO GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION, until we say so, that is...

Be that as it may, it does not change the fact that only $77,000 went to Mr Obama from individual donations from BP Employees.

It doesn't alter the PRIMARY fact that regardless of the amount of any campaign contributions, the tragic incident of the rig blowing up has ZERO to do with that. Those dots simply do not connect in any reasonable person's mind.

Forum List

Back