Washington Post : Obama Administration EXEMPTED BP's Gulf of Mexico drilling from ...

why feel sorry for them? did you even read the full article?

it was the BUSH ADMINistration that reviewed their safety standards 3 times in 2007...and BP has lied about the risks?

So that automatically provides an excuse for the Interior Departments handling of the case last year? Are you high?!

My point is too Boe, that both parties so guilty of being in bed with big companies that partisan devotion is stupid for an average American.

Ooops. I guess all those huge political contributions BP and their employees gave to Obama persuaded him to look the other way.

transparency-lies.jpg

Huge? I think someone is exaggerating. And BP didn't give him money, their employees did.. If we are going to be a hack, at least get the facts straight.

BP has lobbied the White House Council on Environmental Quality -- which provides NEPA guidance for all federal agencies-- to provide categorical exemptions more often. In an April 9 letter, BP America's senior federal affairs director, Margaret D. Laney, wrote to the council that such exemptions should be used in situations where environmental damage is likely to be "minimal or non-existent." An expansion in these waivers would help "avoid unnecessary paperwork and time delays," she added.

washingtonpost.com

What does lobied mean these days?

they presented their 'case', their stance, their position of making future not at risk rigs with lesser regulation.....and NO WHERE in the article does it say the administration accommodated them, on that stance....not that i could find?

can you show me where it says the obama admin agreed to what they were lobbying for?

it was the BUSH ADMINistration that reviewed their safety standards 3 times in 2007...and BP has lied about the risks?

So they listened to BP's advice that they are safe enough? Fox telling the farmer he will guard his chickens? Bullshit and you know it. They exempted them.

what complete and utter bullshit.

do you think 2 months after obama was elected he had replaced the people that this tiny department had?

BUSH people were running the show...in this regulatory division....and even if obama had gotten around to replacing them, their decision was BASED ON the 3 analysis that were done in the year 2007....and the analysis that BP presented to them....there is NO WAY the obama administration could have possibly had time to do their own review and analysis of the spot 8+ weeks in to his presidency....

sheesh!

Therefore it SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UNTIL A THOROUGH SCREENING WAS COMPLETED!!!!!!! Blaming this on Bush or Obama is just plain IGNORANT

From the OP linked article.

"The MMS mandates that companies drilling in some areas identify under NEPA what could reduce a project's environmental impact. But Interior Department spokesman Matt Lee-Ashley said the service grants between 250 and 400 waivers a year for Gulf of Mexico projects. He added that Interior has now established the "first ever" board to examine safety procedures for offshore drilling. It will report back within 30 days on BP's oil spill and will conduct "a broader review of safety issues," Lee-Ashley said. "

MMS is for sure in bed with big oil and had been for years.

You ninnies are unbelievable.

Is there a Law against blowing up Times Square? Is it working?

From the OP linked article.

"The MMS mandates that companies drilling in some areas identify under NEPA what could reduce a project's environmental impact. But Interior Department spokesman Matt Lee-Ashley said the service grants between 250 and 400 waivers a year for Gulf of Mexico projects. He added that Interior has now established the "first ever" board to examine safety procedures for offshore drilling. It will report back within 30 days on BP's oil spill and will conduct "a broader review of safety issues," Lee-Ashley said. "

MMS is for sure in bed with big oil and had been for years.

what do you think happened when cheney let oil company execs construct our energy policy?

:lol:

Ooops. I guess all those huge political contributions BP and their employees gave to Obama persuaded him to look the other way.

transparency-lies.jpg

Huge? I think someone is exaggerating. And BP didn't give him money, their employees did.. If we are going to be a hack, at least get the facts straight.

Hack? :lol:

Don't be a hack, Luissa. Google is your friend:

Obama top recipient of BP contributions last 20 yrs. | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees — $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals...

Obama recieved $77,000, you might want to add that.

And show me proof he took PAC mony from BP, the only sources I can find on this, are right wing rags.

The White House stresses that the money that flowed to Mr. Obama during the campaign from BP came from individual employees, not PACs or federal lobbyists. White House press secretary Robert Gibbs today dismissed the notion that there is a correlation between contributions and insufficient regulation of BP as "silly and ridiculous."
BP Spent Millions on Lobbying, Campaign Donations - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

So the white house is saying they didn't recieve PAC money, doubt they would lie, since it would be pretty easy to find out the truth.

transparency-lies.jpg

BP has lobbied the White House Council on Environmental Quality -- which provides NEPA guidance for all federal agencies-- to provide categorical exemptions more often. In an April 9 letter, BP America's senior federal affairs director, Margaret D. Laney, wrote to the council that such exemptions should be used in situations where environmental damage is likely to be "minimal or non-existent." An expansion in these waivers would help "avoid unnecessary paperwork and time delays," she added.

washingtonpost.com

What does lobied mean these days?

What is your point? And what does this have to do with my post?
How about you guys show me proof he took PAC money. I will be waiting, and forgive me if I take a nap while I am waiting.

Thousands of directives never make it to the presidents desk every year. I am curious who put the directors into those positions. Clinton?, Bush? or Obama?. Was the admin official responsible an oil co employee that got put in regulating as was the policy of Bush?

Do you think Obama is knowledgable of or responsible of EVERYTHING that goes on in the country?

If Obama put some sleazy official intto that position then he should have to pay big time for that choice. I think we need more information on who did what when.

So they listened to BP's advice that they are safe enough? Fox telling the farmer he will guard his chickens? Bullshit and you know it. They exempted them.

do you think 2 months after obama was elected he had replaced the people that this tiny department had?

BUSH people were running the show...in this regulatory division....and even if obama had gotten around to replacing them, their decision was BASED ON the 3 analysis that were done in the year 2007....and the analysis that BP presented to them....there is NO WAY the obama administration could have possibly had time to do their own review and analysis of the spot 8+ weeks in to his presidency....

sheesh!

Obama-Biden Transition: Agency Review Teams

The Agency Review Teams for the Obama-Biden Transition will complete a thorough review of key departments, agencies and commissions of the United States government, as well as the White House, to provide the President-elect, Vice President-elect, and key advisors with information needed to make strategic policy, budgetary, and personnel decisions prior to the inauguration. The Teams will ensure that senior appointees have the information necessary to complete the confirmation process, lead their departments, and begin implementing signature policy initiatives immediately after they are sworn in.

Department of the Interior, Robert Anderson
Department of the Interior, Deanna Archuleta
Department of the Interior, John Echohawk
Department of the Interior, Edward Farquhar
Department of the Interior, Molly McUsic
Department of the Interior, Shirley Neff
Department of the Interior, Renee Stone
Department of the Interior, Mark Van Putten
Department of the Interior, Roger Rivera
Department of the Interior, Robert Stanton
Department of the Interior, Theodore Sedgewick

These clowns often don't read their own links. They take excerpts that will justify what they will post, and hope nobody actually reads the material. It's done so many times here, you'd think they'd wise up.

Awww Care you just took the fun out of their spin.

We all know that Obama was supposed to have changed/fixed everything in a year or so.

Including all those pesky laws that don't fit the conservative agenda (anymore).

Presto Fixo!!
u17361995.jpg

transparency-lies.jpg

Here's my copy and paste from all the other BS Threads on this subject.

British Petroleum has 80,000 employees. If only a few hundred of them made average-sized campaign donations (about $250.00) to Mr Obama, that total would have been reached.

Considering Mr Obama $600 Million (or about $2 for every American) for his 2008 presidential bid, it would stand to reason that any sample population taken randomly would have given a significant amount of campaign donations.

In fact, on average, 80,000 people from BP should have produced about $160,000 Dollars in campaign donations. The amount from BP is actually short.

British Petroleum has 80,000 employees. If only a few hundred of them made average-sized campaign donations (about $250.00) to Mr Obama, that total would have been reached.

Considering Mr Obama $600 Million (or about $2 for every American) for his 2008 presidential bid, it would stand to reason that any sample population taken randomly would have given a significant amount of campaign donations.

In fact, on average, 80,000 people from BP should have produced about $160,000 Dollars in campaign donations. The amount from BP is actually short.

Your post is sad. Public School graduate I assume?

It's amazing how people continue to support "their politician" regardless of the facts. I guess you missed this post:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/116183-washington-post-obama-administration-exempted-bps-gulf-of-mexico-drilling-from-2.html

But seriously, don't be a partisan hack. America already has too many of them. You sound like a Bush supporter.

transparency-lies.jpg

Obama top recipient of BP contributions last 20 yrs. | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees — $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals...

The major corporations (the real players) are always going to support whichever president is a shoo-in. It's as simple as that. Why would they throw tons of donations down the drain at a loser?

The major corporations (the real players) are always going to support whichever president is a shoo-in. It's as simple as that. Why would they throw tons of donations down the drain at a loser?

can a foreign company or foreign born non citizens contribute to presidential campaigns legally? I don't believe so?

Your post is sad. Public School graduate I assume?

It's amazing how people continue to support "their politician" regardless of the facts. I guess you missed this post:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/116183-washington-post-obama-administration-exempted-bps-gulf-of-mexico-drilling-from-2.html

But seriously, don't be a partisan hack. America already has too many of them. You sound like a Bush supporter.

No sir, YOU are clearly the partisan hack. Is there a problem with my math?

Are you saying that BP does not in fact have 80,000 employees, that 600 million divided by 300 million does not equal 2, or that 2 x 80,000 does not equal 160,000?

Which is it, cause I'd love to know? And I was replying to the post I quoted above, not to the OP, which is why I quoted the post, duh.

So, if I'm a "public school graduate", that would make you a "public school dropout".

Last edited:

sheesh!

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/nation/pdf/BP_letter_050410.pdf

APRIL 9, 2010 is 8 weeks into Obama's term ???? I THINK NOT

And nobody with half a brain cell makes decisions in 2010 based on information from 2007....
Get over the goddamn "blame Bush: syndrome already....its getting old...

Forum List

Back