Washington Post : Obama Administration EXEMPTED BP's Gulf of Mexico drilling from ...

As reported by every news outlet across the globe:

April 20 (10 p.m.): Oil rig explosion.
Search and rescue efforts begin for 11 missing.

April 25: Response team implements try to contain oil spilling from source, weather delays cleanup.

April 28: Federal officials realize spill was far more severe than BP led them to believe. "Government officials said late Wednesday night that oil might be leaking from a well in the Gulf of Mexico at a rate five times that suggested by initial estimates...

So the blame game started a week late....somebody in DC screwed up

"For days, as an oil spill spread in the Gulf of Mexico , BP assured the government the plume was manageable, not catastrophic. Federal authorities were content to let the company handle the mess while keeping an eye on the operation...

Federal authorities were content to let the company handle the mess???
Now thats real Obama "take charge" in action.....

“But then government scientists realized the leak was five times larger than they had been led to believe, and days of lulling statistics and reassuring words gave way Thursday to an all-hands-on-deck emergency response.”

April 29: Homeland Security declares spill "of national significance"; BP insists its "plan can handle this spill."

And not much has changed since then, as the spill continues to grow and resolutions continue to be attempted.

Sounds like the MSNBC spin cycle in action............

Last edited:
Its not 2007 peckerhead....there wasn't a drop oil spilled in 2007....

It was a fucking accident, asshole, and could just as well have happened in 2007. Hello?

Could have ?....:lol:......Yeah, but it DIDN'T...

http://media.washingtonpost.com/wp-s...ter_050410.pdf

APRIL 9, 2010 i
And nobody makes decisions in 2010 based on information from 2007....unless they are absolutely stupid....or Democrat....

I know ... its redundant...

Somebody needs to grow a brain.

The major corporations (the real players) are always going to support whichever president is a shoo-in. It's as simple as that. Why would they throw tons of donations down the drain at a loser?

Finally. Someone on the Left admits that BP poured "tons of donations" into the Obama campaign. Politicians can be bought.

Once again, if Obama had been "bought" by BP, he wouldn't be blaming BP for this. It's a nofuckingbrainer.

It was a fucking accident, asshole, and could just as well have happened in 2007. Hello?

APRIL 9, 2010 i
And nobody makes decisions in 2010 based on information from 2007....unless they are absolutely stupid....or Democrat....

sheesh Alpha....read the article that you/the Op linked, PLEASE.

it STATES right in the article that they used the 3 studies done by the interior department from 2007 to come to their decision on this....

And I said, "you don't make decisions in 2010 based on studies done in 2007".....or do you ?

The major corporations (the real players) are always going to support whichever president is a shoo-in. It's as simple as that. Why would they throw tons of donations down the drain at a loser?

Finally. Someone on the Left admits that BP poured "tons of donations" into the Obama campaign. Politicians can be bought.

Once again, if Obama had been "bought" by BP, he wouldn't be blaming BP for this. It's a nofuckingbrainer.

You really have no clue... Oh well.

April 25: Response team implements try to contain oil spilling from source, weather delays cleanup.

April 28: Federal officials realize spill was far more severe than BP led them to believe. "Government officials said late Wednesday night that oil might be leaking from a well in the Gulf of Mexico at a rate five times that suggested by initial estimates...

Huh? Can you read at all?

"For days, as an oil spill spread in the Gulf of Mexico , BP assured the government the plume was manageable, not catastrophic. Federal authorities were content to let the company handle the mess while keeping an eye on the operation...

Is there a team of Red Adairs in DC overseeing the possibilities of a freak accident like this? Please, work on exercising your brain for a change. It often leads to keeping mouth shut and finger off the submit key

“But then government scientists realized the leak was five times larger than they had been led to believe, and days of lulling statistics and reassuring words gave way Thursday to an all-hands-on-deck emergency response.”

April 29: Homeland Security declares spill "of national significance"; BP insists its "plan can handle this spill."

And not much has changed since then, as the spill continues to grow and resolutions continue to be attempted.

All of the above (and of course much more) appeared in newsprint and online almost exactly word-for-word. Google your fave, FAUXNEWS, if you don't believe the timeline and the quoted material.

Yeah, Obama is a real loyal friend, he'd never turn on BP....he'd gladly take rresponsibility.....like he did for the Fannie Mae/Freddy Mac meltdown and 12%+ unemployment, etc....

Oh, wait...he blamed Bush for all that didn't he....a nofuckingbrainer....:talktothehand:

Huh? Can you read at all?

Is there a team of Red Adairs in DC overseeing the possibilities of a freak accident like this? Please, work on exercising your brain for a change. It often leads to keeping mouth shut and finger off the submit key

All of the above (and of course much more) appeared in newsprint and online almost exactly word-for-word. Google your fave, FAUXNEWS, if you don't believe the timeline and the quoted material.

I believe it....I'll take your word for it....you wouldn't lie.

APRIL 9, 2010 i

it STATES right in the article that they used the 3 studies done by the interior department from 2007 to come to their decision on this....

And I said, "you don't make decisions in 2010 based on studies done in 2007".....or do you ?

Well duh.... So you're suggesting that tens of thousands of laws, regulations, and policy procedures heretofore in place should all be reviewed and revised every year? That would take an army of auditors, and I thought you people wanted reduced government. Think much?

Your post is sad. Public School graduate I assume?

It's amazing how people continue to support "their politician" regardless of the facts. I guess you missed this post:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/116183-washington-post-obama-administration-exempted-bps-gulf-of-mexico-drilling-from-2.html

But seriously, don't be a partisan hack. America already has too many of them. You sound like a Bush supporter.

No sir, YOU are clearly the partisan hack. Is there a problem with my math?

Are you saying that BP does not in fact have 80,000 employees, that 600 million divided by 300 million does not equal 2, or that 2 x 80,000 does not equal 160,000?

Which is it, cause I'd love to know? And I was replying to the post I quoted above, not to the OP, which is why I quoted the post, duh.

So, if I'm a "public school graduate", that would make you a "public school dropout".

Oh brother. Of course there's a problem with your math!!!!!

This is wrong:

Considering Mr Obama $600 Million (or about $2 for every American) for his 2008 presidential bid, it would stand to reason that any sample population taken randomly would have given a significant amount of campaign donations.

And even if your silly assumption is correct, this is wrong:

The amount from BP is actually short.

You cannot assume the donations from the people of BP would equal 2x80,000 = $160,000 because it's not a representative sample population. "about $638,000 came from individuals."

Read!

Oh, no sir, it is you that lacks reading comprehension skills, not math skills.

The article you quoted notes $638,000 in total individual contributions to all candidates.

The total contributions from BP employees to Mr Obama over his entire career is $77,000 dollars.

Read the paragraph again.

Yeah, Obama is a real loyal friend, he'd never turn on BP....he'd gladly take rresponsibility.....like he did for the Fannie Mae/Freddy Mac meltdown and 12%+ unemployment, etc....

Oh, wait...he blamed Bush for all that didn't he....a nofuckingbrainer....:talktothehand:

Anything else? When all is lost, toss in a few strawman statements.

APRIL 9, 2010 i

Why not? these studies are very expensive I would imagine, and the article states that this is what was done BASED ON THE INTERIOR DEPT records they got that exposed such....they used the 3 studies done in 2007 on the gulf risks and bp and this specific well....do you believe that the interior dept, just 2 months in to the Obama administration, had the time to be replaced with Obama people and had time to run their own study in the gulf on this?

GET REAL! :lol:

The Interior Department exempted BP's calamitous Gulf of Mexico drilling operation from a detailed environmental impact analysis last year, according to government documents, after three reviews of the area concluded that a massive oil spill was unlikely...

While the MMS assessed the environmental impact of drilling in the central and western Gulf of Mexico on three occasions in 2007 -- including a specific evaluation of BP's Lease 206 at Deepwater Horizon -- in each case it played down the prospect of a major blowout.

In one assessment, the agency estimated that "a large oil spill" from a platform would not exceed a total of 1,500 barrels and that a "deepwater spill," occurring "offshore of the inner Continental shelf," would not reach the coast. In another assessment, it defined the most likely large spill as totaling 4,600 barrels and forecast that it would largely dissipate within 10 days and would be unlikely to make landfall.

"They never did an analysis that took into account what turns out to be the very real possibility of a serious spill,
" said Holly Doremus, a law professor at the University of California at Berkeley who has reviewed the documents.

Last edited:

Well duh.... So you're suggesting that tens of thousands of laws, regulations, and policy procedures heretofore in place should all be reviewed and revised every year? That would take an army of auditors, and I thought you people wanted reduced government. Think much?

No...I'm suggesting Interior Department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) assessed the environmental impact of drilling in the central and western Gulf of Mexico on three occasions in 2007 -- including a specific evaluation of BP's Lease 206 at Deepwater Horizon -- in each case it played down the prospect of a major blowout.

Its their JOB....
Three times in 2007 and not once in 2010?

No...I'm suggesting Interior Department's Minerals Management Service (MMS) assessed the environmental impact of drilling in the central and western Gulf of Mexico on three occasions in 2007 -- including a specific evaluation of BP's Lease 206 at Deepwater Horizon -- in each case it played down the prospect of a major blowout.

Its their JOB....
Three times in 2007 and not once in 2010?

"Played down"??? Those were the writer's words. Who gets to define what a "serious spill" amounts to? Obviously, more errant planes used as WMD would have resulted in a more "serious" assault on our nation than just three on 9/11/01.

n one assessment, the agency estimated that "a large oil spill" from a platform would not exceed a total of 1,500 barrels and that a "deepwater spill," occurring "offshore of the inner Continental shelf," would not reach the coast. In another assessment, it defined the most likely large spill as totaling 4,600 barrels and forecast that it would largely dissipate within 10 days and would be unlikely to make landfall.

"They never did an analysis that took into account what turns out to be the very real possibility of a serious spill,"...

Last edited:
5510dw.jpg

Yes. He's the president. Left wing loon standards dictate that the president knows all, sees all and can be blamed for all...whether he had anything to do with it or not.

Last edited:

The article you quoted notes $638,000 in total individual contributions to all candidates.

The total contributions from BP employees to Mr Obama over his entire career is $77,000 dollars.

Wait, wait, Xsited, ok I think I see the problem here.

The right-wing web site you got your data from only ran a partial excerpt from the original story from Politico.com. They conveniently forgot to include this paragraph:

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

I can see how you could have made that mistake, given your source material.

Last edited:

Wait, wait, Xsited, ok I think I see the problem here.

The right-wing web site you got your data from only ran a partial excerpt from the original story from Politico.com. They conveniently forgot to include this paragraph:

During his time in the Senate and while running for president, Obama received a total of $77,051 from the oil giant and is the top recipient of BP PAC and individual money over the past 20 years, according to financial disclosure records.

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash - Erika Lovley - POLITICO.com

I can see how you could have made that mistake, given your source material.

I can see how your selective highlighting like I did here would make you confused...WHAT exactly don't you understand about the bold type. Are you now saying he only received $77k over the last 20 years? WRONG.

I can see how your selective highlighting like I did here would make you confused...WHAT exactly don't you understand about the bold type. Are you now saying he only received $77k over the last 20 years? WRONG.

Yes, I am saying that Mr Obama's total contribution from employees of BP was $77,000, over his entire career in Federal politics.

20 Years was the figure for the total run of the study.

Since Mr Obama has only been running for federal office for the past 7 years or so, that would mean that he has received approximately 10,000, per year from the staff of 80,000 people at BP, on average.

Even if we assume that all those donations were given during the 2008 campaign, the average American gave $2 to that campaign, putting BP employees well below the average, at about 95 cents per employee. Now, let's say about 2/3 of BP employees are from other countries, which I'd say would be a good estimate.

And that's only if we assume that ALL said contributions were given in 2008, which they probably were not.

Even that would put the level of contribution from BP employees to be just about at the national average.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back