Washington Post Bans 'Redskins' From Editorials

Conservatives and their myth of 'political correctness.'

Not to mention the hypocrisy of the right, where private businesses should be allowed to 'do what they want' except when private businesses do something conservatives don't like.

So true. Then the NaziCons whine like babies.

Link to anyone whining about the Post doing this?

I know you're a dumbass, but I believe C_Clayton_Jones was making a general statement. Try to keep up.
I'm a dumb ass for asking someone to back up their claims? LOL

The ones who seem to be doing the most whining about the Redskins name are white liberals, Here is an idea if you guys are so offended by the name pool your money buy the team from Snyder change the name to whatever you want and STFU about it.

The ones who seem to be doing the most whining about the Redskins name are white liberals, Here is an idea if you guys are so offended by the name pool your money buy the team from Snyder change the name to whatever you want and STFU about it.
They aren't offended by it, they just have to have something to complain about. Fauxrage

n-WASHINGTON-REDSKINS-large570.jpg

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Washington Post says it will stop calling Washington's football team the "Redskins" on its editorial page.

The paper's editorial board announced Friday that it will refrain from using the term that it says "unquestionably offends not only many Native Americans but many other Americans, too."

The board noted that it has been speaking out against the Redskins name since 1992. Redskins spokesman Tony Wyllie said the announcement was therefore "no surprise" to the team.

Several major newspapers have stopped using the name altogether.

Redskins owner Dan Snyder has vowed never to change the name, saying it honors Native Americans.

Washington Post Bans Redskins From Editorials

Most famously of all, Marshall was the last owner to accept a black player—fully 15 years after the ban was lifted. And his team drafted an African-American then (in 1961) only because it was forced to by the government—the then-new stadium that we call RFK Stadium today was built on Department of Interior land, which permitted the Kennedy administration to order the lessee (the team) to adhere to federal nondiscrimination policies. In other words, Marshall wasn’t merely a standard-issue racist of the time, like H.L. Mencken or countless others. He was diseased. He seethed with hatred of nonwhite people. And “Redskins” is his handiwork. Because “Braves” wasn’t quite descriptive enough.

The Racist Redskins - The Daily Beast

Progress is slow - but it's still progress. The man who named the Washington Redskins team, George Preston Marshall, was a diseased racist. His racist legacy should die.

It's their newspaper, they can do what they want. I hope the Redskins respond by denying them access to the team

Fantastic idea! If it wasnt for the sports section I know I'd cancel the Houston Chronicle.

Not to mention the hypocrisy of the right, where private businesses should be allowed to 'do what they want' except when private businesses do something conservatives don't like.

I know you're a dumbass, but I believe C_Clayton_Jones was making a general statement. Try to keep up.

Washington Redskins bullshit again US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Washington Redskins bullshit again US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Maybe I missed it, but can you point out where anyone in that thread was complaining about the Washington Post choosing not to use Redskins in their editorials? You know since that is what I asked Clayton to prove?

Maybe I missed it, but can you point out where anyone in that thread was complaining about the Washington Post choosing not to use Redskins in their editorials? You know since that is what I asked Clayton to prove?

Let me help you. Think of C_Clayton_Jones as a fox. Now, think of yourself as a mouse. Get the picture...?

Let me help you. Think of C_Clayton_Jones as a fox. Now, think of yourself as a mouse. Get the picture...?

That's completely non responsive. I asked you for proof that anyone was whining about the Washington Post not using the term Redskins in their editorials and you posted a link to a thread that contained NOTHING of the sort.

Can you prove that people on this board are whining about the Post's decision? Yes, or no?

The same thing happened a number of years ago and the Redskins won on appeal. They are already appealing this decision, so its worthless at this moment.

Additionally, it won't make any difference to anyone other than the NFL. I could honestly see Dan Snyder simply shrugging if they lose the appeal. The real damage is to the NFL, which gets most of the money from the merchandising. Snyder has repeatedly said nothing will make him change the name. People just need to get used to that.

That's completely non responsive. I asked you for proof that anyone was whining about the Washington Post not using the term Redskins in their editorials and you posted a link to a thread that contained NOTHING of the sort.

Can you prove that people on this board are whining about the Post's decision? Yes, or no?
No they will just continue to duck, dodge, and ignore the question.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Washington Post says it will stop calling Washington's football team the "Redskins" on its editorial page.

The paper's editorial board announced Friday that it will refrain from using the term that it says "unquestionably offends not only many Native Americans but many other Americans, too."

The board noted that it has been speaking out against the Redskins name since 1992. Redskins spokesman Tony Wyllie said the announcement was therefore "no surprise" to the team.

Redskins owner Dan Snyder has vowed never to change the name, saying it honors Native Americans.

Most famously of all, Marshall was the last owner to accept a black player—fully 15 years after the ban was lifted. And his team drafted an African-American then (in 1961) only because it was forced to by the government—the then-new stadium that we call RFK Stadium today was built on Department of Interior land, which permitted the Kennedy administration to order the lessee (the team) to adhere to federal nondiscrimination policies. In other words, Marshall wasn’t merely a standard-issue racist of the time, like H.L. Mencken or countless others. He was diseased. He seethed with hatred of nonwhite people. And “Redskins” is his handiwork. Because “Braves” wasn’t quite descriptive enough.

Progress is slow - but it's still progress. The man who named the Washington Redskins team, George Preston Marshall, was a diseased racist. His racist legacy should die.

Nobody cares.

The policy anounced by the WAshington Post is proof of political correctness. The term "redskins" has just been added to the list of words that aren't acceptable to the liberal speech Nazis.

No they will just continue to duck, dodge, and ignore the question.
I

That's evidence by the fact that they turned tail and ran. In less than 3 days , four separate posters have done so when I've cornered them in their lies. How solid is your opinion if you have to lie to support it?

I support the REDSKINS. Idiot.

Forum List

Back