Was Waterboarding Worth It?

Was Waterboarding Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 20 22.7%

• Total voters
Read your own link. The suit had NOTHING to do with torture nor interrogation.

I have, many times.

That’s not why it was cited. You and others stated non-citizens aren’t entitled to habeas, Boumediene proves you’re wrong. And in the context of a habeas writ the petitioner may challenge the testimony or evidence leading to his detention, including evidence obtained by torture.

Read your own link. The suit had NOTHING to do with torture nor interrogation.

I have, many times.

That’s not why it was cited. You and others stated non-citizens aren’t entitled to habeas, Boumediene proves you’re wrong. And in the context of a habeas writ the petitioner may challenge the testimony or evidence leading to his detention, including evidence obtained by torture.

How many Gitanamo detainees have been released on a Writ?

jsc2003e14401.jpg

I advocate trying people. However, this concept is lost on you.

Sir much like habeus corpus has nothing to do with torture, arbitrary imprisonment has nothing to do with trying people as concerns GITMO detainees. They are prisoners of war, they don't get a trial , they get to stay in a prison camp until the "war" is over. Oh, the war will probably never end you say ? Tough shit.

Again, you are a simpleton and understand nothing of either our Constitution nor the rules of War.

I am an American, you are not.

I believe that people should be tried for their crimes, you do not;.
They are tried, in miltary tribunals.......That's all that need be done......They are enemy COMBATANTS, Nothing more

And what makes you any more of an american then the poster you addressed?..... If you are born on american soil, you are an emerican.

MOST americans already know that.....Educate yourself. It just may help you avoid constantly steppin' on that lil' limp needledick.

Seriously, you're becoming laughable.

Sir much like habeus corpus has nothing to do with torture, arbitrary imprisonment has nothing to do with trying people as concerns GITMO detainees. They are prisoners of war, they don't get a trial , they get to stay in a prison camp until the "war" is over. Oh, the war will probably never end you say ? Tough shit.

Again, you are a simpleton and understand nothing of either our Constitution nor the rules of War.

They are tried, in miltary tribunals.......That's all that need be done......They are enemy COMBATANTS, Nothing more

And what makes you any more of an american then the poster you addressed?..... If you are born on american soil, you are an emerican.

MOST americans already know that.....Educate yourself. It just may help you avoid constantly steppin' on that lil' limp needledick.

You have more patience than I if that dude is just now becoming laughable to you.

You have more patience than I if that dude is just now becoming laughable to you.
In my gauge of the situation, they go from being downright idiotic, to the laughable stage.

:razz:

Yes it was...but I think a few electric shocks and gouging eyes out would have worked as well. I don't care what anyone thinks, if they need to impale these bastards, let them do it. One American life is worth more than 500 00000 dirty Arabs.

Electric+Shock.png

But if the number were zero it wouldn’t have any bearing on the Court’s ruling.

I’m sorry you can’t accept the fact that non-citizens are entitled to habeas, I don’t know what to tell you except take it up with Mr. Justice Kennedy.

But if the number were zero it wouldn’t have any bearing on the Court’s ruling.

I’m sorry you can’t accept the fact that non-citizens are entitled to habeas, I don’t know what to tell you except take it up with Mr. Justice Kennedy.

and how many have got a court ruling stating that they can't be waterboarded?

Torture - and the abdication of laws, values, and morals that inherently come with it - is never worth it.

Let's assume for a moment that information gleaned during enhanced interrogation techniques of Al Qaeda members at Gitmo led to the killing of OBL. Was it worth it?

Years of intelligence gathering, including details gleaned from controversial interrogations of Al Qaeda members during the Bush administration, ultimately led the Navy SEALs who killed Usama bin Laden to his compound in Pakistan.

Read more: Bush-Era Interrogations Provided Key Details on Bin Laden's Location - FoxNews.com

Yes...

Yes it was worth it...

Tourtoure leaves permanent scars and injury, scaring someone into giving you clues is normal.
Worth it?
If you dont mind taking the time .easier to stage capping a couple of "ragheads " then asking some questions,
Have we tried fireboarding?

Forum List

Back