*Was Robinhood Justified Or Just Common Criminal?*

Sorry bout that,

1. Was he *Just*?He was *NOT* just, he had no right to take from anyone in the first place.
2. Is it fair, or just, to steal from those who have much, and hand it out to the poor?It is, *Not Fair* if those whom have much are willing to give to the poor, then thats fine, otherwise, its injustice.
3. Should the poor be willing to receive stolen goods or money?Absolutely not, the poor should know that ill gotten gains are worthless, and should be refused, taking stolen things full well knowing they are stolen, is a sin, and its corrupted, better to have nothing than to receive stolen goods.
4. Should a poor person feel fine, knowing that the things they receive are indeed stolen from some other person who had worked for them and had acquired them legally?No they should have integrity, and never receive stolen goods, or money, if its obtained through theft, its *stolen goods*, and not right to obtain and use.
5. Do poor people have a human right to goods or money, if they haven't done whats right to gain them?Yes they have human rights, but not a right to others goods, or monies, they can ask for it, but its not in their rights to demand it.
6. Do politicians break *The natural Law*, by over taxing rich people, to supply the needs of the poor? Its quite possible this happens, the rich are heavy burdened, what part of their American Dream, doesn't belong to them? Really?
7. Is it up to the rich to deliver the goods or monies to the government, in order for the poor to be supplied every need?I think that other organizations can and do a better job than the government on helping the poor, perhaps those groups should be collecting the taxes, to better supply for the poor and needy.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:
Since when does anybody argue that Robin Hood was not a criminal? That's what his group was... the Merry Men, a group of outlaws.

Has nothing to do with the people who support such a thing. If I lived in that time, you're damned right I would support Robin Hood.

Obama is our modern day Robin hood. Steals from the people who work for their money and give it to the people who dont.

Taxing in of itself is not stealing. If you don't like it, elect someone in who will reduce taxes.

Taxes are also low under Obama, so quit yer bitching. Go bitch about the 1950's.

Last edited:
Taxing in of itself is not stealing

You set such a low bar for yourself. All taxes are not stealing, ergo no taxes are stealing. Wow, what intellectual laziness.

Of course Taxes are not "in and of" themselves stealing. They are not when they are reasonable and used for the "common good" or the benefit of all. Defense, police, courts. But when they are taken from someone who earned the money and given to someone who didn't then yes, it is stealing.

Last edited:
Taxing in of itself is not stealing

You set such a low bar for yourself. All taxes are not stealing, ergo no taxes are stealing. Wow, what intellectual laziness.

Of course Taxes are not "in and of" themselves stealing. They are not when they are reasonable and used for the "common good" or the benefit of all. Defense, police, courts. But when they are taken from someone who earned the money and given to someone who didn't then yes, it is stealing.

You speak of intellectual laziness and yet you offer up the lie of taxes being taken from people who "earned it" and given to people who just somehow... I guess in your world, live off taxes of other people.

The fact of the matter is, the taxes are distributed nationally in whatever form they go to. They go to build public works, they go to repair roads, they go to the military, they pay for government workers. They do all sorts of things. To imply that it's simply a redistribution of wealth from "deserving rich" to "undeserving poor" is what is intellectually dishonest.

Since when does anybody argue that Robin Hood was not a criminal? That's what his group was... the Merry Men, a group of outlaws.

Has nothing to do with the people who support such a thing. If I lived in that time, you're damned right I would support Robin Hood.

Obama is our modern day Robin hood. Steals from the people who work for their money and give it to the people who dont.

Taxing in of itself is not stealing. If you don't like it, elect someone in who will reduce taxes.

Taxes are also low under Obama, so quit yer bitching. Go bitch about the 1950's.

In the 50s we were paying for a world war. Today we are paying for the president's vacations and the money he needs to pay for votes.

In the 50s we were paying for a world war. Today we are paying for the president's vacations and the money he needs to pay for votes.

Paying for a world war in the 50's? I know you're economically challenged as per the immigration threads... but historically challenged as well?

You do know that The War of the Worlds was a movie, not a world war, right? WWII ended in the mid 1940's with the Korean war starting up in the 50's which was most certainly not a World War.

And paying for President's Vacations? Please. We've been paying for two wars that the previous president started and unfortunately the sitting president has really failed to swiftly end. At least the other one is dying out... mostly. The only issues are any other actions that are ongoing that might escalate into full on wars instead of prolonged skirmishes.

If we abandoned the poor out of callous selfish spite they will come get what you have no matter how many guns and cops and prisons you use to protect yourselves. Robin Hood was a nice guy compared to a hungry American cut off from help and out of options in his own country.

To imply that it's simply a redistribution of wealth from "deserving rich" to "undeserving poor" is what is intellectually dishonest.

kaz said:
They are not when they are reasonable and used for the "common good" or the benefit of all. Defense, police, courts. But when they are taken from someone who earned the money and given to someone who didn't then yes, it is stealing

Liberals are just so butt stupid. I'd love to have a debate with you, but there really is no point is there?

Sorry bout that,

From the Sermon on the Mount....

"And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also. And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain. Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away."

1. This quote does not apply.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

To imply that it's simply a redistribution of wealth from "deserving rich" to "undeserving poor" is what is intellectually dishonest.

kaz said:
They are not when they are reasonable and used for the "common good" or the benefit of all. Defense, police, courts. But when they are taken from someone who earned the money and given to someone who didn't then yes, it is stealing

Liberals are just so butt stupid. I'd love to have a debate with you, but there really is no point is there?

None of the taxes in this country are a result of "stealing", retard.

Robin Hood robbed the King's tax collectors and returned the money to the people who had to pay the taxes.

Today he'd be a republican.
Nope, today's republicans are for raising taxes on the middle class but for keeping the Bush tax cuts for the richest Americans.

Robin Hood robbed the King's tax collectors and returned the money to the people who had to pay the taxes.

Today he'd be a republican.
Nope, today's republicans are for raising taxes on the middle class but for keeping the Bush tax cuts for the richest Americans.

Yeah I can't imagine Robin Hood would be for "Expanding the Tax Base"

Sorry bout that,

1. The whole Robinhood ideal is, he was a good thief, which is a contradiction in terms, his measure of thievery, was to be a divider of wealth, which wasn't his to take.
2. A thief is a thief, to say otherwise, is lying.
3. Robinhood stole things of value, and robbed those with wealth, or tax money, and supposedly gave it *all* back to the poor, if this is true, he gave it back to the *poor*,, if so, then, they couldn't of been poor to begin with folks.
4. Nothing gets past *CWN* folks!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Last edited:

kaz said:

You said that I was "intellectually dishonest" because I said taxes are "simply a redistribution of wealth." I showed you my quote I didn't say that. The quote you quoted. If it was a mistake, you didn't read my post when you responded to it, man up and admit it. If you can't admit your mistakes, you're a liar or just a coward.

Stealing is stealing. Period

Motive may end in sympathy for some but it doesn't change the act.
Simply not true, if you follow the Bible. The Bible states that if you are poor and hungry and you go in to some rich farmer's fields and eat some of the veggies and fruits he has grown to feed yourself, THIS IS NOT STEALING, this is NOT considered theft according to God, but to you, this would be....so who should I believe? ;) You or the Bible verses on this?

You said that I was "intellectually dishonest" because I said taxes are "simply a redistribution of wealth." I showed you my quote I didn't say that. The quote you quoted. If it was a mistake, you didn't read my post when you responded to it, man up and admit it. If you can't admit your mistakes, you're a liar or just a coward.

Answer me this then. If taxes are raised on the top percentage of wealthy people in this country... would you consider that stealing?

You referenced stealing from people who earned it and giving it to people who don't. The definition of that from many conservatives is taxing the rich because obviously it's going straight to the poor.

Gramps, why is your brother living in your basement? Does he NOT qualify for any gvt benefits? I am assuming your state is like my state, where you can not qualify for Medicaid, or tanf welfare or food stamps, if you do not have any children....or are not a Senior with low income. a single person in my state could make as little as 10k gross a year, about 9k a year with payroll taxes taken out, and still not qualify for any gvt help to survive.

I suppose it depends on the State's welfare programs? My State does not help people that do not have children....so essentially they are only providing for the "children" of poor people and not poor adults.

Stealing is stealing. Period

Motive may end in sympathy for some but it doesn't change the act.
Simply not true, if you follow the Bible. The Bible states that if you are poor and hungry and you go in to some rich farmer's fields and eat some of the veggies and fruits he has grown to feed yourself, THIS IS NOT STEALING, this is NOT considered theft according to God, but to you, this would be....so who should I believe? ;) You or the Bible verses on this?

Where in the Bible is this found?

Forum List

Back