Thanks Obamacare: Medicare's drug coverage gap shrinks

DaGoose

Gold Member
Nov 16, 2010
Illinois
Medicare's prescription coverage gap is getting noticeably smaller and easier to manage this year for millions of older and disabled people with high drug costs.

The average beneficiary who falls into the coverage gap would have spent $1,504 this year on prescriptions. But thanks to discounts and other provisions in President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law, that cost fell to $901, according to Medicare's Office of the Actuary, which handles economic estimates.

For retired elementary school teacher Carolyn Friedman, it meant she didn't need a loan to pay for drugs that keep her epilepsy under control.

"What a change for the better," said Friedman, 71, of Sunrise, Fla. "This year it was easier to pay my bills, whereas last year I had to borrow money to pay for my medications when I was in the doughnut hole."

If Republicans succeed in repealing what they dismiss as "Obamacare," the discounts would be wiped out as well.

AP Newsbreak: Medicare's drug coverage gap shrinks - Yahoo! News

Medicare's prescription coverage gap is getting noticeably smaller and easier to manage this year for millions of older and disabled people with high drug costs.

The average beneficiary who falls into the coverage gap would have spent $1,504 this year on prescriptions. But thanks to discounts and other provisions in President Barack Obama's health care overhaul law, that cost fell to $901, according to Medicare's Office of the Actuary, which handles economic estimates.

For retired elementary school teacher Carolyn Friedman, it meant she didn't need a loan to pay for drugs that keep her epilepsy under control.

"What a change for the better," said Friedman, 71, of Sunrise, Fla. "This year it was easier to pay my bills, whereas last year I had to borrow money to pay for my medications when I was in the doughnut hole."

If Republicans succeed in repealing what they dismiss as "Obamacare," the discounts would be wiped out as well.

Let's watch someone try to turn this into a negative.

Good news.

But don't forget, reversing the recent Medicare reforms somehow doesn't hurt or affect any current beneficiaries. Except the ones it does.

images

Good news.

But don't forget, reversing the recent Medicare reforms somehow doesn't hurt or affect any current beneficiaries. Except the ones it does.

images

were are they getting the money to close this 'gap'.....:eusa_eh:

Good news.

images

were are they getting the money to close this 'gap'.....:eusa_eh:

As long as it's someone else, who cares?:clap2:

Just like every insurance company. If you have a house fire do you think it's only YOUR money paying for the damage? Hell no. You'll have your grubby fucking hands in MY pocket as well to pay for your stupid carelessness.

Typical demoncrat.. cheer cause someone else is paying your bills with obamamoney..

If Republicans had their way, everyone would have guns, and no one would have healthcare.

I am loving this...the left is celebrating because grandma wont have to eat cat food and the right is complaining because some rich person may not be able to get $500.00 which is a meal on a night out at a fancy restaurant.

Obama care rules and there is nothing the right can say that will make me feel differently.

Forum List

Back