Was Jefferson or Lincoln first Republican??

Moreover, Jefferson and Madison were themselves Liberals. They would not have been angling for "freedom from" what they had just got done creating with the Constitution.
Nonsense. Liberals today believe in the opposite of what Jefferson stood for. It's dishonest to try to portray him as a modern day liberal, especially since freedom from big mother government is what the revolution was all about.

Yes, and it's also nonsense for today's conservatives to claim he would believe what a lot of their beliefs are, too. the terms don't mean the same today as the did then in either case.

What??so you think Jefferson didn't believe in freedom from government even though he in Madison founded the Republican Party to stand for exactly and precisely that belief?????

Democratic-Republican Party - Wikipedia

Democratic-Republican Party | political party, United States

It was originally called the Republican Party but should not be confused with the GOP of today. Jefferson would spit on those like you!

Moreover, Jefferson and Madison were themselves Liberals. They would not have been angling for "freedom from" what they had just got done creating with the Constitution.
Nonsense. Liberals today believe in the opposite of what Jefferson stood for. It's dishonest to try to portray him as a modern day liberal, especially since freedom from big mother government is what the revolution was all about.

Yes, and it's also nonsense for today's conservatives to claim he would believe what a lot of their beliefs are, too. the terms don't mean the same today as the did then in either case.

What??so you think Jefferson didn't believe in freedom from government even though he in Madison founded the Republican Party to stand for exactly and precisely that belief?????

It was originally called the Republican Party but should not be confused with the GOP of today. Jefferson would spit on those like you!
Are you saying that Jefferson formed the Republican Party to stand for something other than freedom from powerful central government if so why so afraid to tell us what his Republican Party did stand for

I say Jefferson since he [and Madison] founded the Republican party in 1792 to stand for freedom from big liberal govt, exactly what modern Republicans stood for, while Lincoln founded another Republican that did not stand for freedom from big liberal govt, and so is more like the modern Democrat Party. This it seems to me makes Jefferson the first Republican.
Jefferson created the Democrat-Republican party.

Lincoln was the first Republican president

If you have primary source that says Democrat- Republican rather than Republican from 18th Century I will pay you $10,000. Bet? Do you know why liberal historians trick you that way?

You already owe me, and I'm sure others, that same $10k, so give it a rest.

WillHaftawaite is correct --- Jefferson's party was the "Democratic-Republican", and not related to either contemporary party of either name.

The Republican Party was founded in Ripon Wisconsin in early 1854. Lincoln was a Whig then. They, the meeting in Ripon Wisonsin, would have been the first "Republicans" that are actually related to the contemporary party. Its first Presidential candidate was John C. Frémont in 1856. And neither Frémont's name, nor Lincoln's, appeared on a ballot in the South. It wasn't a national party until after the Civil War.

--- which means, neither Jefferson nor Lincoln was "the first Republican".

I don't even need to look any of this up.

Moreover there was yet another Republican Party, called the National Republicans, later renamed the American Party, colloquially known as the "Know Nothings". They were a bunch of xenophobic thugs whose thuggery foreshadowed the Klan. They too are not related to the modern Republican Party.

I still take PayPal.

If you have primary source that says Democrat- Republican rather than Republican from 18th Century I will pay you $10,000. Bet? Do you know why liberal historians trick you that way?

Can you name the only Conservative President that when he left office the United States of America did not have any national debt?

He was not Republican!

What is my point?

Conservatives once ran with the Democratic Party and Progressives like Lincoln were Republicans, so you might believe Jefferson was a Republican in today sense but he was not![/QUOTE]
So then why did you fail to tell us what Jefferson did stand for and what modern Republicans stand for?

Are you saying that Jefferson forms the Republican Party to stand for something other than freedom from powerful central government if so why so afraid to tell us what his Republican Party did stand for

Read the damn links and it will tell you what was going on. Back in the day Of the Jefferson Republican party that later became the Democratic-Republican Party and then became the Democratic Party is not the same political party that Lincoln, Roosevelt or Ike were part of.

Jefferson did not help find the GOP and to claim he did is pure nonsense on some political whore like yourself that refuses to accept the reality the founding fathers of the GOP were Progressives and not Conservatives. Presidents like Lincoln, Roosevelt, Ike, Nixon and others were Progressives just like Donald John Trump.

As you attempt to distort the reality of history the truth is Jefferson was the father of the Democratic Party and Andrew Jackson would be today what Conservatives with fiscal values would want in a President and not Lincoln!

Now stop trying to lie about who founded today GOP because Jackson political party might have used the Republican Party name does not mean they are the same damn thing you mental midget wanker!

Are you saying that Jefferson forms the Republican Party to stand for something other than freedom from powerful central government if so why so afraid to tell us what his Republican Party did stand for

Read the damn links and it will tell you what was going on. Back in the day Of the Jefferson Republican party that later became the Democratic-Republican Party and then became the Democratic Party is not the same political party that Lincoln, Roosevelt or Ike were part of.

Jefferson did not help find the GOP and to claim he did is pure nonsense on some political whore like yourself that refuses to accept the reality the founding fathers of the GOP were Progressives and not Conservatives. Presidents like Lincoln, Roosevelt, Ike, Nixon and others were Progressives just like Donald John Trump.

As you attempt to distort the reality of history the truth is Jefferson was the father of the Democratic Party and Andrew Jackson would be today what Conservatives with fiscal values would want in a President and not Lincoln!

Now stop trying to lie about who founded today GOP because Jackson political party might have used the Republican Party name does not mean they are the same damn thing you mental midget wanker!
Obviously a very rambling and disorganized rant why not start with the basics and tell us what Jefferson and Madison formed the Republican Party in 1792 to stand for

Jefferson created the Democrat-Republican party.

Lincoln was the first Republican president

WillHaftawaite is correct --- Jefferson's party was the "Democratic-Republican", and not related to either contemporary party of either name.

The Republican Party was founded in Ripon Wisconsin in early 1854. Lincoln was a Whig then. They, the meeting in Ripon Wisonsin, would have been the first "Republicans" that are actually related to the contemporary party. Its first Presidential candidate was John C. Frémont in 1856. And neither Frémont's name, nor Lincoln's, appeared on a ballot in the South. It wasn't a national party until after the Civil War.

Moreover there was yet another Republican Party, called the National Republicans, later renamed the American Party, colloquially known as the "Know Nothings". They were a bunch of xenophobic thugs whose thuggery foreshadowed the Klan. They too are not related to the modern Republican Party.

I still take PayPal.

Can you name the only Conservative President that when he left office the United States of America did not have any national debt?

He was not Republican!

What is my point?

Conservatives once ran with the Democratic Party and Progressives like Lincoln were Republicans, so you might believe Jefferson was a Republican in today sense but he was not!
So then why did you fail to tell us what Jefferson did stand for and what modern Republicans stand for?[/QUOTE]

When did you fail in life?

Andrew Jackson was Conservative and Democrat and the only President to leave America Debt free!

Did you know that?

Lincoln was Progressive and Republican!

The GOP that is today is not the Republican Party Jefferson founded!

Jefferson party later became the Democratic Party and not today GOP!

Hell Jefferson left America in debt and you want to hitch your wagon to him?

Obviously a very rambling and disorganized rant why not start with the basics and tell us what Jefferson and Madison formed the Republican Party in 1792 to stand for

Why don't you tell us why they changed the name?

Also tell the board why the Democratic Party is from that exact political party?

Today GOP is from the WHIG Political Party!

Conservatism was not something that Lincoln believed in!

I still take PayPal.

He was not Republican!

What is my point?

Conservatives once ran with the Democratic Party and Progressives like Lincoln were Republicans, so you might believe Jefferson was a Republican in today sense but he was not!
So then why did you fail to tell us what Jefferson did stand for and what modern Republicans stand for?

Andrew Jackson was Conservative and Democrat and the only President to leave America Debt free!

Did you know that?

Hell Jefferson left America in debt and you want to hitch your wagon to him?[/QUOTE]
why did you fail to tell us what Jefferson did stand for and what modern Republicans stand for?[/QUOTE]

I still take PayPal.

He was not Republican!

What is my point?

Did you know that?

why did you fail to tell us what Jefferson did stand for and what modern Republicans stand for?

Are you saying that Jefferson forms the Republican Party to stand for something other than freedom from powerful central government if so why so afraid to tell us what his Republican Party did stand for[/QUOTE]

Now stop trying to lie about who

Conservatism was not something that Lincoln believed in![/QUOTE]
If I disagreed about Lincoln I will pay you $10,000. you need to keep in mind what the subject is rather than ramble and rant to try to change the subject. You are creating strawmen to evade and dodge do you understand

He was not Republican!

What is my point?

Did you know that?

why did you fail to tell us what Jefferson did stand for and what modern Republicans stand for?

He did?

So modern Republicans stand for leaving the Country with massive debt?

Never knew that how Progressive of you!

The GOP came from the WHIG Political Party and today GOP are from the Know Nothing Political movement and are nothing like Jefferson even though you have latched onto the idea that Republican must have came from the Jefferson Republican party which mean you are confessing that you are a Democrat that love wasteful spending and leaving national debt for the future to pay for like Jefferson did!

I would expect you to be more of a Jackson type of guy, but it seem you are a true blue dog after all, right?

He was not Republican!

What is my point?

Did you know that?

He did?

The GOP came from the WHIG Political Party and today GOP are from the Know Nothing Political movement and are nothing like Jefferson even though you have latched onto the idea that Republican must have came from the Jefferson Republican party which mean you are confessing that you are a Democrat that love wasteful spending and leaving national debt for the future to pay for like Jefferson did!

I would expect you to be more of a Jackson type of guy, but it seem you are a true blue dog after all, right?
Isn't it interesting that I've asked you five times now and you are quite afraid to tell us why Jefferson and Madison formed the Republican Party in 1792

Now stop trying to lie about who

Conservatism was not something that Lincoln believed in![/QUOTE]
If I disagreed about Lincoln I will pay you $10,000. That you need to keep in mind what the subject is rather than ramble and rant to try to change the subject[/QUOTE]

1. You do not have ten thousand dollars to waste and I do not take food stamps nor ICE in trade.

2. Lincoln was Progressive and to deny that is to deny reality.

3. Andrew Jackson was the only President to leave the United States of America without any debt, a true Fiscal Conservative there.

4. Jefferson Republican Party later became the Democratic Party. Yes back then they were more State rights which is why you had that little war called the Civil War and Lincoln and the GOP which today GOP was about big Government telling others how to live by using the Federal Government as it muscle.

5. You are confusing your Know Nothing Political way of thinking with Blue Dog Democrats and Jefferson would have spat on you!

Andrew Jackson was the first Democrat
Lincoln was the first Republican

He was not Republican!

What is my point?

Did you know that?

He did?

Exactly the opposite as a matter of fact which is why Republicans have tried 30 times since Jeffersons first try to make debt illegall in America to too bad the liberals killed every amendment is that simple enough for you to understand?

He was not Republican!

What is my point?

Did you know that?

He did?

Isn't it interesting that I've asked you five times now and you are quite afraid to tell us why Jefferson and Madison formed the Republican Party in 1792

Because they formed what would be later called the Democratic Party and not today GOP.

Jackson was Conservative and Democratic and Johnson caused the Know Nothing voters to flee to the GOP but you are now admitting you were a democrat until LBJ forced you out!

He was not Republican!

What is my point?

Did you know that?

He did?

Exactly the opposite as a matter of fact which is why Republicans have tried 30 times since Jeffersons first try to make debt illegall in America to too bad the liberals killed every amendment is that simple enough for you to understand?

And yet Jackson left the country debt free, and Jefferson did not!

So try again and Democrats back then were more conservative than the WHIGS of that day.

Did you know that?

He did?

Because they formed what would be later called the Democratic Party and not today GOP.

Jackson was Conservative and Democratic and Johnson caused the Know Nothing voters to flee to the GOP but you are now admitting you were a democrat until LBJ forced you out!
OK for the sixth time why are you so afraid to tell us what Jefferson and Madison formed the Republican Party to stand for??

Forum List

Back