Was It Right To Interrupt Obama?

While the interuption was certainly a breach of protocol, little choice is left when the POTUS runs away without taking questions...

Both. In my opinion he acted like an asshole at the end. He left.

What he said at first was fine when was first interrupted. Then he started arguing with the guy. That was not necessary.

Obama doesn't like to answer questions unless he can control the source. This is why he has these little sit-downs interviews periodically to act like he's open and transparent. He doesn't like being put on the spot.

I agree with the gentleman who stated that nobody should be interrupting the President. Ever. Period.

Normally I would agree, but if the guy never sticks around to answer questions I'm not surprised that somebody had the nerve to interrupt him.

He's not a king......remember that.

The reporter showed his ass. Somebody done raised him poorly. I'm sure if the same had happened to Bush, you would not be impressed. Remember that whole thread Predfan started? This is about respecting the office.

And if the reporter has Tourette's, maybe they should send someone else next time.

While the interuption was certainly a breach of protocol, little choice is left when the POTUS runs away without taking questions...

Really? So you think that by behaving badly, he will force the President of the United States to answer him?

If we're going to talk about arrogance, I would have to say reporter exhibited it on a major scale.

Oh, god T. Your record is so fucking stuck, I cannot take it anymore. Somebody let me know when/if he is ever sober again, and I'll take him back off ignore.

Where, by the way, he is alone.

I agree with the gentleman who stated that nobody should be interrupting the President. Ever. Period.

Normally I would agree, but if the guy never sticks around to answer questions I'm not surprised that somebody had the nerve to interrupt him.

The reporter showed his ass. Somebody done raised him poorly. I'm sure if the same had happened to Bush, you would not be impressed. Remember that whole thread Predfan started? This is about respecting the office.

And if the reporter has Tourette's, maybe they should send someone else next time.

Bush would have handled it better.

Bush liked to laugh at his critics. He rarely took them seriously.

Maybe told a joke. Reagan was like that too.

The worst thing I remember Reagan saying was "Awwww Shut up!!!"

Everybody busted out laughing.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmfkYu4m2jA]Ronald Reagan Tells A Heckler To Shutup - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmfkYu4m2jA]Ronald Reagan Tells A Heckler To Shutup - YouTube[/ame]

So the true complaint is "he could have handled it better?" I can buy that.

The reporter was still wrong.

Here's Bush's take on the shoe-throwing incident.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rP5IISkjhOI]Dec 14th, 2008: Iraqi journalist throws his shoes at Bush! (+ Bush's take on it) - YouTube[/ame]

Really? So you think that by behaving badly, he will force the President of the United States to answer him?

If we're going to talk about arrogance, I would have to say reporter exhibited it on a major scale.

The President did respond to Munro's question...

Although I'm still not certain how this change in policy is the "right thing for Americans."

Look, I'm not defending Munro. I certainly would not have taken the same tack. I'm just saying that, if the President has a track record of not taking questions during announcements such as this, any reporter worth his salt probably feels he, or she, has little choice but to interrupt and ask their question.

So the true complaint is "he could have handled it better?" I can buy that.

The reporter was still wrong.

Perhaps.....but Obama is not a one to handle critics well. He doesn't take it in stride in my opinion.

It's not in his DNA.

Nope! It was ignorant. Typical behavior from a fringe wingnut outfit like Tucker Carlson's The Daily Caller.

The camera flashed to a man in a suit wearing sunglasses. He was quickly identified as The Daily Caller's Neil Munro, who wrote about the news of Obama's announcement on Friday.

ABC's Diane Sawyer, who was anchoring the network's breaking news coverage with George Stephanopoulos, described the man who interrupted Obama as someone who was "clearly considered a heckler." Former George W. Bush spokesman Tony Fratto tweeted, "Reporters don't interrupt presidential statements. Period. @NeilMunroDC should be banned from WH. #fb."

According to the site's masthead, Munro is the White House correspondent at The Daily Caller.

Obama Immigration Speech: Reporter Neil Munro Interrupts, Heckles President During Remarks (VIDEO)

Nope! It was ignorant. Typical behavior from a fringe wingnut outfit like Tucker Carlson's The Daily Caller.

The camera flashed to a man in a suit wearing sunglasses. He was quickly identified as The Daily Caller's Neil Munro, who wrote about the news of Obama's announcement on Friday.

ABC's Diane Sawyer, who was anchoring the network's breaking news coverage with George Stephanopoulos, described the man who interrupted Obama as someone who was "clearly considered a heckler." Former George W. Bush spokesman Tony Fratto tweeted, "Reporters don't interrupt presidential statements. Period. @NeilMunroDC should be banned from WH. #fb."

According to the site's masthead, Munro is the White House correspondent at The Daily Caller.

Obama Immigration Speech: Reporter Neil Munro Interrupts, Heckles President During Remarks (VIDEO)

FLASH>>>>>>>>>Obama doesn't approve of hecklers.

It was a publicity stunt.

That's why he holds press conferences. This was not a press conference, it was a prepared statement.

I was not aware that some two-bit website blogger had the power to re-write the President's schedule of events.

Be that as it may, again, he should just use Bush's tactic and make sure Tucker's website's reporters never have a question answered again.

Obama has a good sense of humor most of the time. This wasn't one of those times. I'm not going to make it into more or less than it was. The reporter behaved badly, Obama rebuked him, life goes on.

Two things. This is the first time I saw the video. I'd only ever read about it.

1) DANG, he has good reflexes!

2) He did handle it well, and put it in perspective.

Now you see why I liked Bush.

Bush was someone I could hang with.

He was at a golf outing after he left office with Brian Kilmi and Kilmi was addressing the ball when he asked Bush for any last minute suggestions.......he said "Hold your breath".

I'm surprised Kilmi didn't bust into uncontrollable laughter. It was a hilarious response.

This is from your link now.....

In the future, Munro hopes the White House will “arrange events so the reporters can ask the president or his senior staff about the important policy changes.”

Munro added that the administration normally selects which reporters are able to ask the president questions at press conferences beforehand.

“You can see the president at press conferences naming people who are to ask a question,” Munro said. “Other reporters sit around quietly not asking questions, not shouting questions because it risks their access to White House off the record comments and future chances of asking questions, but this is a very important issue. There’s no reason we should sit around and wait for another day for an answer on this important question.”

Read more: Neil Munro explains his exchange with President Obama | The Daily Caller

Forum List

Back