Warren wants corporations to pay more in taxes

WTF?
As you post this?

BS.
Republicans do, all the time.

June 10 2008
Senate Republicans blocked a proposal Tuesday to tax the windfall profits of the largest oil companies, despite pleas by Democratic leaders to use the measure to address America's anger over $4 a gallon gasoline.

July 18 2021
The Trump administration gave generous financial relief to hundreds of oil and gas leases to drill on public lands over the past three months in the form of reductions in rates of royalty payments, as well as beneficial lease suspensions.

That's your opinion.
The republican opinion for the last 40 years.
Give them more tax breaks so they don't raise prices.

No shit but who pays the tax, they don't?
Everyone else.
Just like insurance and store theft.

June 13 2016
The national average price of gas reached a new 2016 high over the weekend, and today’s average of $2.38 per gallon is the most expensive average since September 2015. Gas prices have moved higher by two cents per gallon on the week and 16 cents per gallon on the month.

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed by President Donald Trump and congressional Republicans in 2017 has disproportionately benefited corporate America—especially the oil industry.

Many of these companies garnered such benefits using a policy of accelerated depreciation, which allows companies to write off capital investment costs significantly faster than the expiration of these investments, allowing them to drastically reduce their tax rates. According to the report, Chevron reported $290 million of depreciation-related tax breaks in 2018, and Halliburton reduced its taxes by $320 million.

May 25 2018
Heading into the 2018 Memorial Day weekend, regular gasoline prices averaged $2.92 per gallon (gal) nationally on May 21, up from last year’s price of $2.40/gal before the holiday weekend. This year marks the highest price ahead of the Memorial Day weekend since 2014.

Sure they do.

June 26 2018
The Republican tax reform package that was supposed to raise wages and spur hiring has instead funded a record stock buyback and dividend spree, benefiting investors and company executives over workers.

Stock repurchases hit nearly $190 billion in the first quarter for the S&P 500, according to preliminary results from S&P Dow Jones Indices. The last time that record was set was just before the Great Recession, when companies bought up almost $172 billion of buybacks.

Wrong, we were NEVER energy independent.

You're FOS.........Again.

March 28 2019
U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday called for the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to boost oil production to lower the price of the commodity.

“Very important that OPEC increase the flow of Oil. World Markets are fragile, price of Oil getting too high. Thank you!” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter.

We did then too.

US imports of Russian crude and petroleum products were at their highest level in almost a decade last year, and a similar pattern is playing out in 2021.
In January, the US imported 648,000 b/d of Russian crude and products, the highest monthly volume from its rival producer since June 2012, EIA data shows.
US imports of Russian oil averaged 538,000 b/d in 2020 from 520,000 b/d in 2019 and their highest since 2011 when they averaged 624,000 b/d, according to the EIA. Demand for Russian crudes such as Urals and Varandey have also picked up in recent months.

Really?
The orange retard failed...as usual.

The trade war was billed as a plan to bring China to its knees by choking off the all-important American market with 25% tariffs on many imports that would rein in the U.S. trade deficit, boost American exports and slow China's rise as a global superpower.

Last year, the U.S. trade deficit widened to its largest on record. In the fourth quarter, the U.S. goods trade deficit hit its highest share of GDP since 2012 and the U.S. current account deficit jumped to its highest level in more than 12 years in the third quarter.

"The tariffs forced American companies to accept lower profit margins, cut wages and jobs for U.S. workers, defer potential wage hikes or expansions, and raise prices for American consumers or companies,"

China's trade surplus last year hit a record $535 billion, up 27% from 2019. Exports rose 21.1% in dollar terms in November year over year and 18.1% in December from a year earlier, touching an all-time high.

Something that didn't need to be done.
A "peace" deal, with countries were weren't even having a skirmish, let alone war with each other.

Yep, Trump would have brought "peace' between Canada and Germany.
Trump would have brought "peace" between Italy and Brazil too.

Trump is amazing.
You obviously don't have a clue about economics so why even try. I'll take that $2.92/gal gas now, wouldn't you? You are complaining about things that have no effect on what happens at the personal level of economics. Nor do you understand trade and why Trump did what he did. As Biden first set foot in the Oval Office over a year ago, real GDP was growing at 6.3 percent, inflation was 1.4 percent, the price of gasoline was $2.39 a gallon and Michigan’s consumer sentiment index stood at 79. Today, real growth has slowed to -1.14 percent, inflation is at 8.5 percent, gas is up to $4.23 a gallon and the Michigan Index is 59.4. In addition, real wages dropped 3.3 percent over the past year, with inflation overwhelming pay hikes after several years of gains under President Trump. And, before the Pandemic, this was way better. Biden has been a disaster. And, based on all polling, even CNN and others recognize this. So, what do they do? Get a leak from the Supreme Court to try and change the narrative away from all this. Won't work. Soccer moms are still going to be pissed over CTR and teaching young children about sexual orientation and identity which should be for the parents to do. Now, we find that the CDC, along with the FBI, and what the Homeland Security have been doing and want to do more of spying on Americans through their phones. The CDC was just found to be following you and tens of millions of others around to see if they were adhering to their communist lockdowns and mask demands. Then, we could discuss the boarder where Trump had basically stopped most of the illegal immigration to now where hundreds of thousands a day are illegally getting into the country with millions of doses of Phentynol and other drugs and known terrorist. Trump had moved our Embassy to Jerusalem and gotten several Arab countries to ink peace with Israel and recognize Israel as a legit country. Biden is putting nukes in the hands of Iran. And on and on and on.

You're "points" are Trump lies he regurgitates at his pity rallies, to fleece his herd.
Yes, Trump is a Manipulative liar and lies an awful lot. The die hard "Herd" believe him, most on the Right don't.

Yet another irrelevant post from you about Trump and not the thread in question.

You are suffering, you have it bad, Trump is living in your head, we get it. So can I suggest you go start "butt hurt" Trump threads so we can confirm in those threads that he's a liar bla bla, rather than constantly derail threads with your Trump Mental Infliction.

What does all this money mean for Warren at a time when she and some of her Democratic opponents are targeting the rich? Well, her heirs would be vulnerable under the Bernie Sanders estate tax plan, which calls for a 50% tax on estates worth between $10 million and $50 million. However, she would not owe anything extra under her own annual “ultra-millionaire” tax, which applies just to people with fortunes of over $50 million.

Typical conniving Democrat, wanting others to pay more but not themselves.

Yes, Trump is a Manipulative liar and lies an awful lot. The die hard "Herd" believe him, most on the Right don't.
Sure, and the moon is made of ice cream.
As MOST republicans regurgitate his lies.
Yet another irrelevant post from you about Trump and not the thread in question.
WTF?
Trump not paying taxes, tax cuts never balanced a budget, let alone reducing the debt are ALL relevant.

You are suffering, you have it bad, Trump is living in your head, we get it. So can I suggest you go start "butt hurt" Trump threads so we can confirm in those threads that he's a liar bla bla, rather than constantly derail threads with your Trump Mental Infliction.
Of course, the biggest tax cheat in history, won't reveal his taxes, his regime withholding $500 billion is derailing a thread about TAXES.

But you don't want people to mention that because the orange, grifter is on YOUR side.

Sure, and the moon is made of ice cream.
As MOST republicans regurgitate his lies.

WTF?
Trump not paying taxes, tax cuts never balanced a budget, let alone reducing the debt are ALL relevant.

Of course, the biggest tax cheat in history, won't reveal his taxes, his regime withholding $500 billion is derailing a thread about TAXES.

But you don't want people to mention that because the orange, grifter is on YOUR side.
Orange Grifter on my side? I'm in the UK and I have you, "A rabid Trump Derangement Syndrome" freak, mumbling shite at me. What's the fuck wrong with you? Are you on medication or weed?

If you dislike Trump not paying tax, start a thread, this thread is about Warren who wants to tax corporations that have more money than her.

Orange Grifter on my side? I'm in the UK and I have you, "A rabid Trump Derangement Syndrome" freak, mumbling shite at me.
Sure, you fucking Torrie, you're slime just like Trumptards are, over here.
What's the fuck wrong with you? Are you on medication or weed?
Why?
Making too much sense for you?
Unable to comprehend my words?
A heroin addict makes more sense than you do.
If you dislike Trump not paying tax, start a thread, this thread is about Warren who wants to tax corporations that have more money than her.
WTF do you care then?
You're in England...................whining about America and taxes?
Why haven't you moved?

Sure, you fucking Torrie, you're slime just like Trumptards are, over here.

Why?
Making too much sense for you?
Unable to comprehend my words?
A heroin addict makes more sense than you do.

WTF do you care then?
You're in England...................whining about America and taxes?
Why haven't you moved?
And the retard yaps on.

What's a Torrie? It's not in the dictionary.

I guess you have your tongue right up the crack of the 'alleged' Native American, lmfao

And the retard yaps on.

What's a Torrie? It's not in the dictionary.
WTF?
I guess you have your tongue right up the crack of the 'alleged' Native American, lmfao
Then my guess is.............you're lying, typical of RWNJ's.

The Conservative Party, officially the Conservative and Unionist Party, and also known colloquially as the Tories, Tory Party, or simply the Conservatives, is one of two main political parties and current governing party in the United Kingdom, winning the 2019 general election with an overall majority in the House of Commons. The party is generally considered to sit on the centre-right of the political spectrum, and to be ideologically conservative.

So, just like republicans in the US, the Tories, claim to be "conservative'.
The gullible, bite every time.

Liberals Always want those who make it to pay for those who don’t. Increases their voting base to pander to and rail against producers while filling themselves with false and undeserved self esteem.

Maybe 0.5% of the population is extremely wealthy yet an ethnicity that comprises 13% of the population accounts for 74% of all criminality, family abandonment and government dependency.
See how emotional governance interferes with reality and tries to make us focus solely on wealthy people instead of disruptive people.

Warren wants corporations to pay more in taxes​

Good, eat the Rich.
When it comes to corporations, two factors apply.
1) Taxes become a cost of doing business and get passed on to the customer~consumer of any goods or services the corp. provides.
2) IRAs, 401Ks, and Pension Funds invested in those corps take the hit, impacting their investors whom see value of those shares decline.

As usual, idiot loonie Lefties have no grasp of basic Econ 101, nor realize that someone* pays the ultimate price: a.k.a There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch = TANSTAAFL !

* Not the corps or the CEOs.

you do not seem to be well educated, but that doesn't surprise us Rs

It is YOUR not You're... please
Good catch.......................GP.......................................................... (Grammar Police)
What would we do without you?

Forum List

Back