Warren wants corporations to pay more in taxes

Uneducated half-breeds, are the people Trump loves.
Trump and his cult love big-spending unless a democrat is in office.

January 14 2021
Trump said he could pay down the national debt, then about $19 trillion, “over a period of eight years” by renegotiating trade deals and spurring economic growth.

The national debt has risen by almost $7.8 trillion during Trump’s time in office. That’s nearly twice as much as what Americans owe on student loans, car loans, credit cards and every other type of debt other than mortgages, combined.

The orange space cadet created the Space Force.
Spent 306 days of his 1460 days golfing that cost the US taxpayer $151 million.

Teabaggers keep saying that but never follow through.
Their dear leader reduced taxes, costing $2.3 trillion, then increased spending.

Teabaggers only do when "others" are in office.
Trump would never even dream of using the offensive
slang " Teabaggers ". But Obama did.never even said he was
sorry.Thereion Lies the difference.Even out of office Trump still
acts more American than the entire Democrat Party.
Trump is a Super American.
Think the word Superpower.
It's what Trump does.
Plus he can golf and chew gum at the same time.
Obama and Biden can't even manage chewing gum
w/o making a mess somehow.Like on the soles of their shoes.

That makes you an imbecile.

Never stated oil companies record profits were because of tax cuts.

'Meanwhile, oil companies are achieving record high profits. At a recent congressional hearing, in the wake of sanctions imposed by the U.S. and allies against the import of Russian oil, six oil companies admitted that they made over $75 billion in profits in the past year, the oil industry cushioned by over $30 billion in government subsidies".

That's what you got of out the statement?
You're an idiot.

The point was, why do they need a government subsidy?

You're FOS, republicans have been claiming that, for 42 years now.

The latest claim.

In a March 31, 2016, interview with Bob Woodward and Robert Costa of The Washington Post, Trump said he could pay down the national debt, then about $19 trillion, “over a period of eight years” by renegotiating trade deals and spurring economic growth.

After he took office, Trump predicted that economic growth created by the 2017 tax cut, combined with the proceeds from the tariffs he imposed on a wide range of goods from numerous countries, would help eliminate the budget deficit and let the U.S. begin to pay down its debt. On July 27, 2018, he told Sean Hannity of Fox News: “We have $21 trillion in debt. When this [the 2017 tax cut] really kicks in, we’ll start paying off that debt like it’s water.”

By early 2019, the national debt had climbed to $22 trillion.
By the end of 2019, the debt had risen to $23.2 trillion.
Dec. 31, 2020, the national debt had jumped to $27.75 trillion, up 39% from $19.95 trillion when Trump was sworn in.

Only a fraction of the 2.9% economic growth in 2018 came from the tax cuts, according to the nonpartisan Congressional Research Service. Instead of investing profits into their own capital investment, companies bought back a record $806 billion in shares in 2018, sending stock prices further upward.

Again..............FOS.

The oil companies didn't have any drilling restrictions.

“In the United States, 90% of onshore oil production takes place on land that isn’t owned by the federal government. And of the remaining 10% that occurs on federal land, the oil and gas industry has millions of acres leased,"
“They have 9,000 permits to drill now. They could be drilling right now, yesterday, last week, last year. They have 9,000 to drill onshore that are already approved.”

Republicans blame Biden for what oil companies are NOT doing.

April 13 2020
The 13 nations in the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) reached agreement with Russia, Mexico, the United States and seven other major oil producers Sunday to cut production by a combined 9.7 million barrels a day in May and June.
The cuts, if implemented, would reduce global oil supply by about 13 percent.

Trump, who has long criticized OPEC for raising U.S. gas prices, tweeted Sunday that "the big oil deal with OPEC plus" will "save hundreds of thousands of energy jobs in the United States," and he thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin and Saudi King Salman. As part of the deal, the U.S. agreed to cut 300,000 barrels a day, making up for Mexico's shortfall, The Wall Street Journal reports, though "it couldn't be determined whether that was in addition to other U.S. cuts, or how the U.S. cuts would be implemented."

The US government only controls 10% of ALL oil production in the US, republicans whine about that 10%, instead of the 90% the US government doesn't control.

Biden, you claimed, "got laughed at" by OPEC, so now Biden controls them?

Exxon Mobil made $23 billion in profit for 2021.

Chevron also experienced its most profitable year since 2014, with the company reporting in January that it made $15.6 billion in revenue for 2021.

BP reported it made $12.85 billion in 2021, with $4.1 billion being made in the fourth financial quarter. Reuters reported the quarterly profit was the largest the company has had since 2013.

Shell made significant profits in 2021, earning $19.29 billion for the year, up from $4.85 billion in 2020. In the final financial quarter of 2021, the company earned $6.4 billion, Shell’s highest quarterly profit since 2014.

Price gouging.

Right, the decades old, "corporate taxes get passed on, straight to the consumer".

Some would but passing too much tax on to the consumer and they would lose profits.

What is it with republicans giving highly profitable companies tax payer money?
If you want to debate, stick to a topic until it is covered and debated. You try to overwhelm and expect people to spend time to go over all of this. I'll take the last one first. Yes, of course oil companies are making profits because of higher gasoline prices. So, you want to tax them more which will cause them to raise the prices even higher. Who does this hurt? The middle class and poor class, especially inner city Blacks and Hispanics. And, they will then make even more profits next year. When will Democrat liberals figure out corporations don't pay taxes. The consumer pays their taxes in higher prices. Exactly the reason inflation went from 1% to 8.5% now. How much higher do you want this to go before you realize we need to be energy independent again? Trump was right.

One other thing, you are right that Trump raised the national debt. Conservatives do not like this either. But, Trump was never a true conservative let alone Republican. He's a populist at best. He's a business man, sees a problem and fixes it. The last few trillions came because of the false responses to the pandemic. Never should have shut down the economy.

Plus { and this is Key } her extreme Hurried look.
I mean,it rivals the most anxious and TikTokey
person on a psychiatrist couch.
Warren appears desperate.Think of the most common
used term explaining this sort of hurried panic.
As in " Rats fleeing a sinking ship ". No time for
cooler heads to prevail.WArren is nutty enough w/o that
desperate " hurried " look.I wouldn't go on a used car
lot if I saw her driving a vehicle off the lot.I mean,think
a nightmare.She's a Loon.Literally,Figuratively and in the
most Fairy Tale sense known to Man { supposedly a
rational animal }. I know of most in the animal kingdom who
have far better command of their senses than this Warren
flak.The question that must be addressed is ...
Who in Hell and High water does she think she's
Foolin'.
The Energizer Bunny
?
Well, she will soon forget this and focus now on abortion and how this can help the Democrats in November.

Well in the case of Obama it was his fault.
WTF?
He took an entire week before addressing the BP oil
spill.Unbelievable degree of absenteeism.
As if he was on Christmas Holiday.
You're as delusional as this idiot.

June 17 2010
A leading House Republican accused the White House today of a "$20 billion shakedown" of oil giant BP by requiring the company to establish a huge fund to compensate those hurt by the Gulf Coast oil spill.

Rep. Joe Barton made the assertion at the outset of a House hearing where BP's chief executive officer, Tony Hayward, was appearing for the first time before Congress.

Facing Hayward at the witness table, the Texas Republican congressman said, "I'm ashamed of what happened in the White House" on Wednesday. Barton was referring to the agreement that President Barack Obama announced with BP for establishment of a $20 billion relief fund.

If you want to debate, stick to a topic until it is covered and debated. You try to overwhelm and expect people to spend time to go over all of this. I'll take the last one first. Yes, of course oil companies are making profits because of higher gasoline prices. So, you want to tax them more which will cause them to raise the prices even higher.
So, you want to reward them with tax breaks and incentives for price gouging?
Who does this hurt? The middle class and poor class, especially inner city Blacks and Hispanics. And, they will then make even more profits next year. When will Democrat liberals figure out corporations don't pay taxes. The consumer pays their taxes in higher prices.
When will republicans figure out, that's a 40 year old lie?
Do corporations lower prices when republicans give them tax breaks?
Exactly the reason inflation went from 1% to 8.5% now. How much higher do you want this to go before you realize we need to be energy independent again? Trump was right.
The retard was wrong and lying..........AGAIN.
America was NEVER energy independent.
Inflation ..........1%? When? LOL, you're FOS.

One other thing, you are right that Trump raised the national debt. Conservatives do not like this either. But, Trump was never a true conservative
No such thing, especially politicians.
Politicians claiming to be? Thousands.
Another 40 year old lie by another idiot who almost tripled the debt.

let alone Republican. He's a populist at best. He's a business man, sees a problem and fixes it.
Trump couldn't fix a mail box with picture instructions.
I wouldn't trust him to run a lemonade stand.
The last few trillions came because of the false responses to the pandemic.
Trump added $6 trillion in debt BEFORE the pandemic reached our shores.
Never should have shut down the economy.
Sure $$$ is a lot more important than lives.

May 24 2020
Speaking on Fox News, Patrick agreed with President Donald Trump’s proposal for a quicker end to the shutdowns that have stalled the economy.

Patrick, who turns 70 next month, indicated he’s willing to put his own survival on the line in exchange for “keeping the America that all America loves” for future generations.

And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in,” he told Tucker Carlson, adding there are “lots of grandparents” who agree.
“My message is that let’s get back to work, let’s get back to living, let’s be smart about it, and those of us who are 70-plus, we’ll take care of ourselves. But don’t sacrifice the country,” he said.

As of June- 125,500 deaths.
As of December- 375,000 deaths.

Trump would never even dream of using the offensive
slang " Teabaggers ".
That's because he is one.

teaparty.org

But Obama did.never even said he was
sorry.
For what?
Thereion Lies the difference.Even out of office Trump still
acts more American than the entire Democrat Party.
You're as delusional as he is.

November 11 2018
Donald Trump canceled a visit to pay respects at an American military cemetery outside Paris in 2018 because he thought the dead soldiers were “losers” and “suckers” and he did not want the rain to mess up his hair, according to an explosive new report.

At the time, Trump explained the cancellation by saying his helicopter could not fly in the rain and the Secret Service would not drive him to Aisne-Marne American cemetery, where 1,800 US marines who lost their lives in the first world war battle at Belleau Wood are buried.

“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” the report quotes Trump as saying. Trump also called the war dead “suckers” for getting killed, the report says.

Trump also asked aides, “Who were the good guys in this war?” and did not understand why the United States would intervene on the side of the Allies, the Atlantic report says.
Trump is a Super American.
Sure.

March 18 2018
U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely.

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida.

“And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)May 13, 2018

Too many jobs in CHINA lost?

February 23 2022
Video of the former president at an event at Mar-a-Lago surfaced Wednesday night, where he appeared to complain about how he was criticized for his comments on Putin. Trump on Tuesday lauded Putin's justification for invading Ukraine as "savvy" and "genius."

"'Trump said Putin's smart.' I mean, he's taken over a country for $2 worth of sanctions. I'd say that's pretty smart," Trump said. "He's taking over a country, literally, a vast, vast, location, a great piece of land with a lot of people, and just walking right in."

Think the word Superpower.
It's what Trump does.
Yes he does.................CHINA and RUSSIA.
Plus he can golf and chew gum at the same time.
Obama and Biden can't even manage chewing gum
w/o making a mess somehow.Like on the soles of their shoes.
Like I stated, you're delusional.
The dumber the candidate the more teabaggers love them.

That's because he is one.

teaparty.org

For what?

You're as delusional as he is.

November 11 2018
Donald Trump canceled a visit to pay respects at an American military cemetery outside Paris in 2018 because he thought the dead soldiers were “losers” and “suckers” and he did not want the rain to mess up his hair, according to an explosive new report.

At the time, Trump explained the cancellation by saying his helicopter could not fly in the rain and the Secret Service would not drive him to Aisne-Marne American cemetery, where 1,800 US marines who lost their lives in the first world war battle at Belleau Wood are buried.

“Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers,” the report quotes Trump as saying. Trump also called the war dead “suckers” for getting killed, the report says.

Trump also asked aides, “Who were the good guys in this war?” and did not understand why the United States would intervene on the side of the Allies, the Atlantic report says.

Sure.

March 18 2018
U.S. President Donald Trump praised Chinese President Xi Jinping Saturday after the ruling Communist party announced it was eliminating the two-term limit for the presidency, paving the way for Xi to serve indefinitely.

“He’s now president for life, president for life. And he’s great,” Trump said, according to audio of excerpts of Trump’s remarks at a closed-door fundraiser in Florida.

“And look, he was able to do that. I think it’s great. Maybe we’ll have to give that a shot someday,” Trump said to cheers and applause from supporters.

President Xi of China, and I, are working together to give massive Chinese phone company, ZTE, a way to get back into business, fast. Too many jobs in China lost. Commerce Department has been instructed to get it done!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)May 13, 2018

Too many jobs in CHINA lost?

February 23 2022
Video of the former president at an event at Mar-a-Lago surfaced Wednesday night, where he appeared to complain about how he was criticized for his comments on Putin. Trump on Tuesday lauded Putin's justification for invading Ukraine as "savvy" and "genius."

"'Trump said Putin's smart.' I mean, he's taken over a country for $2 worth of sanctions. I'd say that's pretty smart," Trump said. "He's taking over a country, literally, a vast, vast, location, a great piece of land with a lot of people, and just walking right in."

Yes he does.................CHINA and RUSSIA.

Like I stated, you're delusional.
The dumber the candidate the more teabaggers love them.
Those with Trump Derangement Syndrome are very delusional.

But back to the thread topic. A democrat would tax people for breathing and farting if they could work out a way to do so. Products from oil are taxed anyhow. Democrats are very delusional with tax, but it stems from their broader ignorance of economics.

Those with Trump Derangement Syndrome are very delusional.
I know.
Trump's cult have a bad case.

But back to the thread topic. A democrat would tax people for breathing and farting if they could work out a way to do so. Products from oil are taxed anyhow. Democrats are very delusional with tax, but it stems from their broader ignorance of economics.
Republicans don't want to pay for anything, just like Trump.
Then whine, about the deficit, they created.

September 30 2021
The federal government is about to breach its legal borrowing limit. Republicans in Congress acknowledge that this would be catastrophic: It would crash the economy and force a default from which the United States would never fully recover. Congress could avert this crisis by raising the debt ceiling, but Republicans refuse to do so. They’re pledging to vote in lockstep against the debt ceiling increase, and they’re claiming that this behavior on their part—in effect, voting to sabotage the government and the economy.

During Donald Trump's term -- a four-year period in which Republicans forgot to pretend to care about the deficit and spending concerns -- Congress raised the debt ceiling three times without incident. Two years ago, Trump went so far as to declare, "I can't imagine anybody using the debt ceiling as a negotiating wedge." The Republican went on to describe the debt limit a "sacred thing in our country."

I know.
Trump's cult have a bad case.

Republicans don't want to pay for anything, just like Trump.
Then whine, about the deficit, they created.

September 30 2021
The federal government is about to breach its legal borrowing limit. Republicans in Congress acknowledge that this would be catastrophic: It would crash the economy and force a default from which the United States would never fully recover. Congress could avert this crisis by raising the debt ceiling, but Republicans refuse to do so. They’re pledging to vote in lockstep against the debt ceiling increase, and they’re claiming that this behavior on their part—in effect, voting to sabotage the government and the economy.

During Donald Trump's term -- a four-year period in which Republicans forgot to pretend to care about the deficit and spending concerns -- Congress raised the debt ceiling three times without incident. Two years ago, Trump went so far as to declare, "I can't imagine anybody using the debt ceiling as a negotiating wedge." The Republican went on to describe the debt limit a "sacred thing in our country."

Yes, some are die hard Trump followers, many on the Right aren't.

Some, like myself, thought Trump would have reduced the national debt and not add to it. If Trump didn't reduce it, certainly Democrat presidents will never do that, so where America goes with debt, who knows. You're getting pretty fucked up with national debt (I'm from the UK).

As for not paying for things, on the whole, Socialism, thus Democrats, want money spent Left, Right, And Centre, but obviously not theirs.

But the thread is not about Trump, yet, he fucking lives in the heads of Lefties.

Would you say you're having mental problems getting over Trump? Or is it too late? You need to learn to move on, or seek help from a relevant practitioner.

So, you want to reward them with tax breaks and incentives for price gouging?

When will republicans figure out, that's a 40 year old lie?
Do corporations lower prices when republicans give them tax breaks?

The retard was wrong and lying..........AGAIN.
America was NEVER energy independent.
Inflation ..........1%? When? LOL, you're FOS.

No such thing, especially politicians.
Politicians claiming to be? Thousands.
Another 40 year old lie by another idiot who almost tripled the debt.

Trump couldn't fix a mail box with picture instructions.
I wouldn't trust him to run a lemonade stand.

Trump added $6 trillion in debt BEFORE the pandemic reached our shores.

Sure $$$ is a lot more important than lives.

May 24 2020
Speaking on Fox News, Patrick agreed with President Donald Trump’s proposal for a quicker end to the shutdowns that have stalled the economy.

Patrick, who turns 70 next month, indicated he’s willing to put his own survival on the line in exchange for “keeping the America that all America loves” for future generations.

And if that’s the exchange, I’m all in,” he told Tucker Carlson, adding there are “lots of grandparents” who agree.
“My message is that let’s get back to work, let’s get back to living, let’s be smart about it, and those of us who are 70-plus, we’ll take care of ourselves. But don’t sacrifice the country,” he said.

As of June- 125,500 deaths.
As of December- 375,000 deaths.
You are doing it again. You need to learn how to respond on these forums. Lengthily stuff just doesn't work.
1. No one says give them more tax incentives. But, taxing them more now will simply keep the train moving in the wrong direction for individual citizens. It will cause higher inflation (already at 8.5%) and higher Fed interest rates making loans harder for lower income persons as well has inflation destroying the poor. While the poor don't pay income tax, they pay sales tax in which inflation is a part of the sales tax. Products cost more and the sales tax cost goes up killing poor people. Stop worrying about the rich. You can't make them poor. Even in socialist and communist countries oligarchs never get poor. They get richer as well. If you care about the poor, the system has to bring down costs, not raise them.

You say that corporations don't lower prices when they get tax breaks. You don't have anything to support this, do you? But, let's say you are correct. What lower tax breaks allow corporations to do is expand their businesses which creates more jobs and better paying jobs as well. Competition is better as well in which helps keep inflation in check and even lower prices as well. It does in the insurance industry. The more money they keep, the price goes down for consumers. More money then for consumers to buy products or invest for the future.

You claim Trump can't fix things? I'll give you that he did opposite of what conservatives want which is lower national debt and less government spending. However, you are leaving out a lot of what Trump did fix including household incomes by lowering inflation and keeping interest rates low as well where people were able to get low rate home loans and free up a lot of money to buy products and invest for the future. He stopped the mass crossings at the boarder and with another term could finish the wall. He got NATO to start paying their fair share and stop giving money to Russia and China buying their oil. And, he opened up our own oil from Alaska and from Canada. We were energy independent. We did not have to ask OPEC, Venezuela, Brazil, Russia, China or anyone for oil. (We do now!) Putin took over parts of the Ukraine under Obama-Biden but didn't try anything while Trump was President after he bombed them in Syria and stopped that nonsense. Now Biden is President and Putin is leveling the Ukraine. North Korea stopped there aggression as well while Trump even was able to get Kim to meet with him. And, he stopped China's game sucking money from our farmers and other businesses. He got rid of the horrible treaty crap with Mexico and Canada and made the deal in which all 3 counties win. And, he moved Israel's capital to Jerusalem and set up shop there, something everyone said couldn't be done. Ha. Then, he got several Arab countries to make a peace deal with Israel, something everyone said couldn't be done. Had he had 4 more years, all the countries except Iran would have peace deals along with the Palestinians. So, what are you talking about Trump can't fix anything? Biden sure has screwed all this up!!!

Yes, some are die hard Trump followers, many on the Right aren't.

Some, like myself, thought Trump would have reduced the national debt and not add to it.
Not according to the great "deal maker'.

Just give him eight years in the White House and he'll make America's $19 trillion debt go away.

How? Trump wants to slash taxes and fix trade deals with China, Mexico and other nations.

"You have to do a tax cut. Because we're the highest-taxed nation in the world," Trump said.

"We're not a rich country. We're a debtor nation...We've got to get rid of the $19 trillion in debt," Trump told The Washington Post in April 2016, several months before the election he would win. "I think I could do it fairly quickly...I would say over a period of eight years," Trump added, and suggested he would do so by renegotiating trade deals and creating trade surpluses.

If Trump didn't reduce it, certainly Democrat presidents will never do that,
That would be republicans, claiming to do so in the past 40, and not one even balanced a budget, let alone reduced the US deficit.
so where America goes with debt, who knows. You're getting pretty fucked up with national debt (I'm from the UK).
Again, that would be republicans, not a peep when their at the helm.
Oh' there was one comment.

"Reagan," Vice President Dick Cheney famously declared in 2002, "proved deficits don't matter."
Unless, a democrat is in office.

As for not paying for things, on the whole, Socialism, thus Democrats, want money spent Left, Right, And Centre, but obviously not theirs.
Sure, it's the democrats.

March 24 2021
Building walls of secrecy around a more than $ 600 billion coronavirus aid program for small businesses, Secretary of the Treasury Steven T. Mnuchin moved from delay to denial by categorically refusing to disclose the recipients of taxpayer-funded loans.

Mnuchin told Congress at a hearing last week that the names of loan recipients and the amounts are “proprietary information.” While he claimed the information is confidential, ethics advocates and some lawmakers see the move as an attempt to shirk responsibility for how the money is spent.

Trump spent 306 days of 1460 as president, playing golf, at a cost of $151 million to the taxpayer.

But the thread is not about Trump, yet, he fucking lives in the heads of Lefties.
We are the ones STILL attending Trump's pity rallies, 18 months after the retard lost the election.

April 29 2022
Trump spoke at the "Save America" rally in Nebraska at the I-80 speedway near Greenwood.

Trump said his administration gave $28billion to farmers.

He said he did this to contest China for not doing good enough business with America.

He said farmers don’t want “freebies” they just want a level playing field.

Trump gave farmers $48 billion in "freebies" because of his stupid Chinese tariffs, the retard claimed China was paying for.

May 4 2022
Pennsylvania GOP Senate candidate Mehmet Oz will speak at former President Trump’s rally in the state on Friday, Trump announced Wednesday.

Pennsylvania GOP Reps. John Joyce and Mike Kelly, Rep. Alex Mooney (R-W.Va.) and conservative commentator Dinesh D’Souza will also speak.
Would you say you're having mental problems getting over Trump? Or is it too late? You need to learn to move on, or seek help from a relevant practitioner.
See above, moron.

Senator Warren has also said that all corporations don't pay taxes and there needs to be a change. Democrats have come out saying the same thing. But, when Governor Ron DeSantis takes away Disney's tax breaks in Florida, all of a sudden Warren, Democrats, Leftist media say DeSantis should not take away their tax breaks. This is known as Hypocrisy.

Warren and all other leftist Democrat have come out against Elon Musk buying Twitter and possibly silencing political speech during elections and that would be the worst thing against democracy. Yet, that is exactly what Twitter, Facebook, left wing media did against Trump in 2016 and 2020. Once again, complete hypocrites.

When you lie so much, it makes it hard to keep up with what you are supposed to say. You end up like a hypocrite.

How about government spends less money hhmmmmkay

The republican "solution" is to reward them with more tax cuts for price gouging, then of course blame Biden,
for the oil companies and other corporations gouging us.

April 22 2022
People living in Hawaii are now paying over $5 a gallon for gas at the pump. My wife couldn’t believe that it now costs us nearly $60 to fill up our little family car.
A year ago, the average price was $3.91.

Meanwhile, oil companies are achieving record high profits. At a recent congressional hearing, in the wake of sanctions imposed by the U.S. and allies against the import of Russian oil, six oil companies admitted that they made over $75 billion in profits in the past year, the oil industry cushioned by over $30 billion in government subsidies.

Despite the burdens endured by U.S. taxpayers, these companies have no plans to stop payments of dividends to their shareholders. They will continue to engage in stock buybacks that enrich shareholders and company executives.

According to a new report from government watchdog Accountable.US, top oil and gas companies took "full advantage" of last year's sky-high prices and record profits. Fourteen firms rewarded shareholders with more than $35 billion in stock buybacks and dividend bumps.

Like paying bank robbers, NOT to rob banks.
The government needs to spend less

You are doing it again. You need to learn how to respond on these forums. Lengthily stuff just doesn't work.
WTF?
As you post this?
1. No one says give them more tax incentives.
BS.
Republicans do, all the time.

June 10 2008
Senate Republicans blocked a proposal Tuesday to tax the windfall profits of the largest oil companies, despite pleas by Democratic leaders to use the measure to address America's anger over $4 a gallon gasoline.

July 18 2021
The Trump administration gave generous financial relief to hundreds of oil and gas leases to drill on public lands over the past three months in the form of reductions in rates of royalty payments, as well as beneficial lease suspensions.

But, taxing them more now will simply keep the train moving in the wrong direction for individual citizens. It will cause higher inflation (already at 8.5%) and higher Fed interest rates making loans harder for lower income persons as well has inflation destroying the poor.
That's your opinion.
The republican opinion for the last 40 years.
Give them more tax breaks so they don't raise prices.
While the poor don't pay income tax, they pay sales tax in which inflation is a part of the sales tax. Products cost more and the sales tax cost goes up killing poor people. Stop worrying about the rich. You can't make them poor.
No shit but who pays the tax, they don't?
Everyone else.
Just like insurance and store theft.
Even in socialist and communist countries oligarchs never get poor. They get richer as well. If you care about the poor, the system has to bring down costs, not raise them.

You say that corporations don't lower prices when they get tax breaks. You don't have anything to support this, do you?
June 13 2016
The national average price of gas reached a new 2016 high over the weekend, and today’s average of $2.38 per gallon is the most expensive average since September 2015. Gas prices have moved higher by two cents per gallon on the week and 16 cents per gallon on the month.

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed by President Donald Trump and congressional Republicans in 2017 has disproportionately benefited corporate America—especially the oil industry.

Many of these companies garnered such benefits using a policy of accelerated depreciation, which allows companies to write off capital investment costs significantly faster than the expiration of these investments, allowing them to drastically reduce their tax rates. According to the report, Chevron reported $290 million of depreciation-related tax breaks in 2018, and Halliburton reduced its taxes by $320 million.

May 25 2018
Heading into the 2018 Memorial Day weekend, regular gasoline prices averaged $2.92 per gallon (gal) nationally on May 21, up from last year’s price of $2.40/gal before the holiday weekend. This year marks the highest price ahead of the Memorial Day weekend since 2014.

But, let's say you are correct. What lower tax breaks allow corporations to do is expand their businesses which creates more jobs and better paying jobs as well.
Sure they do.

June 26 2018
The Republican tax reform package that was supposed to raise wages and spur hiring has instead funded a record stock buyback and dividend spree, benefiting investors and company executives over workers.

Stock repurchases hit nearly $190 billion in the first quarter for the S&P 500, according to preliminary results from S&P Dow Jones Indices. The last time that record was set was just before the Great Recession, when companies bought up almost $172 billion of buybacks.

Competition is better as well in which helps keep inflation in check and even lower prices as well. It does in the insurance industry. The more money they keep, the price goes down for consumers. More money then for consumers to buy products or invest for the future.

You claim Trump can't fix things? I'll give you that he did opposite of what conservatives want which is lower national debt and less government spending. However, you are leaving out a lot of what Trump did fix including household incomes by lowering inflation and keeping interest rates low as well where people were able to get low rate home loans and free up a lot of money to buy products and invest for the future. He stopped the mass crossings at the boarder and with another term could finish the wall. He got NATO to start paying their fair share and stop giving money to Russia and China buying their oil. And, he opened up our own oil from Alaska and from Canada. We were energy independent.
Wrong, we were NEVER energy independent.
We did not have to ask OPEC, Venezuela, Brazil, Russia, China or anyone for oil.
You're FOS.........Again.

March 28 2019
U.S. President Donald Trump on Thursday called for the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) to boost oil production to lower the price of the commodity.

“Very important that OPEC increase the flow of Oil. World Markets are fragile, price of Oil getting too high. Thank you!” Trump wrote in a post on Twitter.
(We do now!)
We did then too.

US imports of Russian crude and petroleum products were at their highest level in almost a decade last year, and a similar pattern is playing out in 2021.
In January, the US imported 648,000 b/d of Russian crude and products, the highest monthly volume from its rival producer since June 2012, EIA data shows.
US imports of Russian oil averaged 538,000 b/d in 2020 from 520,000 b/d in 2019 and their highest since 2011 when they averaged 624,000 b/d, according to the EIA. Demand for Russian crudes such as Urals and Varandey have also picked up in recent months.

Putin took over parts of the Ukraine under Obama-Biden but didn't try anything while Trump was President after he bombed them in Syria and stopped that nonsense. Now Biden is President and Putin is leveling the Ukraine. North Korea stopped there aggression as well while Trump even was able to get Kim to meet with him. And, he stopped China's game sucking money from our farmers and other businesses.
Really?
The orange retard failed...as usual.

The trade war was billed as a plan to bring China to its knees by choking off the all-important American market with 25% tariffs on many imports that would rein in the U.S. trade deficit, boost American exports and slow China's rise as a global superpower.

Last year, the U.S. trade deficit widened to its largest on record. In the fourth quarter, the U.S. goods trade deficit hit its highest share of GDP since 2012 and the U.S. current account deficit jumped to its highest level in more than 12 years in the third quarter.

"The tariffs forced American companies to accept lower profit margins, cut wages and jobs for U.S. workers, defer potential wage hikes or expansions, and raise prices for American consumers or companies,"

China's trade surplus last year hit a record $535 billion, up 27% from 2019. Exports rose 21.1% in dollar terms in November year over year and 18.1% in December from a year earlier, touching an all-time high.
He got rid of the horrible treaty crap with Mexico and Canada and made the deal in which all 3 counties win. And, he moved Israel's capital to Jerusalem and set up shop there, something everyone said couldn't be done. Ha. Then, he got several Arab countries to make a peace deal with Israel, something everyone said couldn't be done.
Something that didn't need to be done.
A "peace" deal, with countries were weren't even having a skirmish, let alone war with each other.
Had he had 4 more years, all the countries except Iran would have peace deals along with the Palestinians.
Yep, Trump would have brought "peace' between Canada and Germany.
Trump would have brought "peace" between Italy and Brazil too.

Trump is amazing.
So, what are you talking about Trump can't fix anything? Biden sure has screwed all this up!!!

Absolutely correct! Neither democrats nor Republicans can be trusted on the issue.
Clinton had a surplus in the US deficit, Bush gave it away.

October 25 2021
Surging tax revenues as the U.S. economy rebounded from the coronavirus-driven downturn helped reduce the budget deficit for the fiscal year that ended Sept. 30, the Treasury Department and White House budget office announced Friday. The fiscal 2021 deficit clocked in at a still-massive $2.8 trillion, although that's down $360 billion from the previous year's shortfall and it's $897 billion less than the Biden administration predicted in February.

Democrats have progressed, republicans haven't.

How about government spends less money hhmmmmkay
Abortion attacks the black communities as well. Malcom X didn't want the white liberal taking care of them. They just want a chance. Take the shutting down of schools and businesses and how that hurt blacks in large cities the most. Already at a disadvantage, the remote learning for children and the mask mandates where they can't understand the teachers and each other hurt them more than other children who could go to private schools.

Forum List

Back