Warren Buffett Is Giving Away A Billion Dollars In Basketball Contest

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
Feeling lucky? Need a billion dollars? The race for the perfect March Madness bracket officially opened today.

The contest, which was announced earlier this year, is now called the Quicken Loans Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge. Yahoo Sports has officially joined the challenge as the official technology provider. As such, the new name of the challenge is the Quicken Loans Billion Dollar Bracket with Yahoo Sports. But almost everybody seems to be calling it the Buffet Brackets in homage to Warren Buffett. Buffett, together with his company, Berkshire Hathaway, dreamed up the idea to give $1 billion to any person who can correctly pick the winners of all 63 games in this year’s NCAA men’s college basketball tournament.

Buffett, of course, is best known for being a billionaire. He ranks 4th on Forbes list of top billionaires with an estimated worth of $58.2 billion. The owner of Quicken Loans, isn’t doing too badly either: that’s fellow billionaire and Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, listed at #408 of Forbes’ list of billionaires with an estimated net worth of $3.7 billion.

It’s pretty easy to enter the contest and there’s no fee to sign up. In fact, it’s so simple, joked Buffett, throwing in a reference to a Geico commercial, “To quote a commercial from one of my companies, I’d dare say it’s so easy to enter that even a caveman can do it.”

Registration For Warren Buffett's $1 Billion Basketball Challenge Opens Today - Forbes

I wonder what the odds are of picking a perfect bracket?

In all likelihood, no one will win and Quicken Loans will have hundreds of thousands of free business leads from the morgauge questioner you have to fill out to sign up. I tried to sign up but the site wouldn't let me pick the teams. The whole thing is a scam.

Last edited:
Feeling lucky? Need a billion dollars? The race for the perfect March Madness bracket officially opened today.

The contest, which was announced earlier this year, is now called the Quicken Loans Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge. Yahoo Sports has officially joined the challenge as the official technology provider. As such, the new name of the challenge is the Quicken Loans Billion Dollar Bracket with Yahoo Sports. But almost everybody seems to be calling it the Buffet Brackets in homage to Warren Buffett. Buffett, together with his company, Berkshire Hathaway, dreamed up the idea to give $1 billion to any person who can correctly pick the winners of all 63 games in this year’s NCAA men’s college basketball tournament.

Buffett, of course, is best known for being a billionaire. He ranks 4th on Forbes list of top billionaires with an estimated worth of $58.2 billion. The owner of Quicken Loans, isn’t doing too badly either: that’s fellow billionaire and Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert, listed at #408 of Forbes’ list of billionaires with an estimated net worth of $3.7 billion.

It’s pretty easy to enter the contest and there’s no fee to sign up. In fact, it’s so simple, joked Buffett, throwing in a reference to a Geico commercial, “To quote a commercial from one of my companies, I’d dare say it’s so easy to enter that even a caveman can do it.”

Registration For Warren Buffett's $1 Billion Basketball Challenge Opens Today - Forbes

Think I recall them saying the odds were 1 in a quintillion (million, billion, trillon, quardrillion, quintillion.) So he's not exactly giving it away. And if it winds up having to, finding the universe's luckiest human ever is worth it. Hire that person. :)

In all likelihood, no one will win and Quicken Loans will have hundreds of thousands of free business leads from the morgauge questioner you have to fill out to sign up. I tried to sign up but the site wouldn't let me pick the teams. The whole thing is a scam.

It worked for me.

I got it to work when I tried it after changed my browser to explorer.

It worked for me.

I got it to work when I tried it after changed my browser to explorer.

Who did you pick to win it all?

I read that the odds are 9 quintillion to one.

1 in 9,000,000,000,000,000

I read that the odds are 9 quintillion to one.

1 in 9,000,000,000,000,000

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg

Forum List

Back