WARNING: You May Get Hammered On Your Taxes Next Year

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Because of changes to the tax laws, particularly that some exemptions, credits, and deductions have gone away or been reduced, your employer may be unintentionally underwithholding your taxes.

This means your paycheck might be bigger because you are not having enough income withheld for taxes.

After Public Law 115-97 was enacted last December, the GAO did a checkup on the current formulas used for income tax withholding, and they found that 30 million Americans are going to be in for quite a shock next April.

You can read their report here: https://www.gao.gov/assets/700/693582.pdf

You can check how much your withholding should be here: IRS Withholding Calculator | Internal Revenue Service

Compare that to your pay stub. Adjust accordingly, before it is too late.

You're welcome.

Total bullshit, nothing more. The Trump hate is astounding. But what will happen, come next year if your taxes were not effected all by this nonsense, the usual suspects will then claim we are lying.

Because of changes to the tax laws, particularly that some exemptions, credits, and deductions have gone away or been reduced, your employer may be unintentionally underwithholding your taxes.

This means your paycheck might be bigger because you are not having enough income withheld for taxes.

After Public Law 115-97 was enacted last December, the GAO did a checkup on the current formulas used for income tax withholding, and they found that 30 million Americans are going to be in for quite a shock next April.

You can check how much your withholding should be here: IRS Withholding Calculator | Internal Revenue Service

You're welcome.

What a load of bullshit.

Your taxes went DOWN no matter how much you had withheld.

So your propaganda of getting hammered is just libtarded hogwash.

Okay. Ignore me. It won't hurt me a bit. ;)

Ignorance is bliss, until the tax bill comes.

I'm gonna know for sure if this tax bill was a good thing or not. Why? Because when I retired, I calculated my withholding so that at the end of the year, the government might owe me a dollar or two, or some years, I end up owing the government a dollar or two. But, the bottom line is that I have the proper amount taken out of my taxes so that I don't have a huge refund (government using my money for free for the year), or I have to pay a huge bill at the end of the year.

My retirement check went up 20 bucks because of the tax bill. If I owe more than 3.00 next year, it's because the tax bill screwed me.

You're welcome.

What a load of bullshit.

Your taxes went DOWN no matter how much you had withheld.

So your propaganda of getting hammered is just libtarded hogwash.

With state and local taxes likely to climb I would bet on hammering inside of most of the Blue Wall

Total bullshit, nothing more. The Trump hate is astounding. But what will happen, come next year if your taxes were not effected all by this nonsense, the usual suspects will then claim we are lying.

So the GAO hate trumps? That's your position?

Republicans rammed the tax bill through without having any idea what they were doing or what they had put in there. All they knew was that it would massively increase the deficit.

I'm gonna know for sure if this tax bill was a good thing or not. Why? Because when I retired, I calculated my withholding so that at the end of the year, the government might owe me a dollar or two, or some years, I end up owing the government a dollar or two. But, the bottom line is that I have the proper amount taken out of my taxes so that I don't have a huge refund (government using my money for free for the year), or I have to pay a huge bill at the end of the year.

My retirement check went up 20 bucks because of the tax bill. If I owe more than 3.00 next year, it's because the tax bill screwed me.
The changes to deductions, exemptions, and credits in Public Law 115-97 will mostly affect higher income individuals.

You can read more here: The 2017 Tax Revision (P.L. 115-97): Comparison to 2017 Tax Law

Broadly, for individuals, the act temporarily modifies income tax rates. Some deductions, credits, and exemptions for individuals are eliminated, while others are substantively modified.

Republicans rammed the tax bill through without having any idea what they were doing or what they had put in there. All they knew was that it would massively increase the deficit.

The tax bill wasn't "rammed through" idiot. Now Obamacare that was rammed through with threats and bribes.

You May?.....anonymous....maybe....unnamed source.....my personal favorite IF......this is getting scary how stupid the anti Trumpers are.....and in turn how stupid they think we are....

So the GAO hate trumps? That's your position?
Hmmm, somehow I don't recall saying any of that mr. troll.

You May?.....anonymous....maybe....unnamed source.....my personal favorite IF......this is getting scary how stupid the anti Trumpers are.....and in turn how stupid they think we are....
Hey dumb shit. I posted the link to the GAO report.

I know you won't read it because it is longer than a tweet, but holy shit, to not even see it at all! AMAZING!

Once again, you demonstrate your profound ability for willful blindness.

Hey dumb shit. I posted the link to the GAO report.
hey dummy....there are a lot of theories and predictions on economics and taxes....most are wrong just like this one.....they are leaving very important information off the table for suckers like you to lick up......

Forum List

Back