War On Women Big Fail

What is the war on women in America?

The War on Women predates Obama. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. Further, Obama is not up for reelection and the Republicans still don't have a plan and since they are the ones that are a part of the problem then it doesn't look good for them either.

By and large reproductive health and rights.

War on Women - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

So this "war on women" takes its fight NOT concerning those areas of career minded women: like equality, to which Obama is apparently not a proponent of equal rights. From the liberal New York Times:

A study released in January showed that female White House staff members make on average 88 cents for every dollar a male staff member earns.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/04/0...wn-payroll-draws-scrutiny.html?referrer=&_r=0

Another interesting concern for women we see "the president has incurred persistent criticism that women in his White House for the most part are kept out of the inner circle."

Obama s record on paying women White House aides not stellar - Washington Times

So where IS this "war on women" being waged? What is their greatest concern for their cause?

Lib Hero Sandra Fluke Free Birth Control Is a Natural Human Right 8211 I Won 8217 t Be Silenced The Gateway Pundit

So we have an increased dependency on government to provide FOR women, as a means to keep women from having to earn and provide for themselves. Now there is a priority and an achievement forward that career minded women can march down the street and be proud of, I'm sure.

The War on Women predates Obama. Whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. Further, Obama is not up for reelection and the Republicans still don't have a plan and since they are the ones that are a part of the problem then it doesn't look good for them either.

So this "war on women" takes its fight NOT concerning those areas of career minded women: like equality, to which Obama is apparently not a proponent of equal rights. From the liberal New York Times:

A study released in January showed that female White House staff members make on average 88 cents for every dollar a male staff member earns.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/04/0...wn-payroll-draws-scrutiny.html?referrer=&_r=0

Another interesting concern for women we see "the president has incurred persistent criticism that women in his White House for the most part are kept out of the inner circle."

So where IS this "war on women" being waged? What is their greatest concern for their cause?

Lib Hero Sandra Fluke Free Birth Control Is a Natural Human Right 8211 I Won 8217 t Be Silenced The Gateway Pundit

So we have an increased dependency on government to provide FOR women, as a means to keep women from having to earn and provide for themselves. Now there is a priority and an achievement forward that career minded women can march down the street and be proud of, I'm sure.

I'm going to wait until you read through the thread. Let me know when you're finished.

The bottom line is extremely simple. The faux "war on women" is abortion, first, second, last, and always. That's ultimately what it really boils down to.

I'm going to wait until you read through the thread. Let me know when you're finished.

No comment on Obama? I thought the left was so proud of his efforts towards women? So much for that fallacy. Even your New York Times had something to say about it, not FOX news

No comment on Obama? I thought the left was so proud of his efforts towards women? So much for that fallacy. Even your New York Times had something to say about it, not FOX news

Ok. You must have me confused with someone else. You were already jacked up but my New York Times? Try again.

You might want to start over. Did you read through the entire thread?

Ok. You must have me confused with someone else. You were already jacked up but my New York Times? Try again.

That this "war on women" has its priorities out of whack? Your silence when faced with the facts says a lot.

That this "war on women" has its priorities out of whack? Your silence when faced with the facts says a lot.

I have been anything but silent on this thread. You didn't read it.

The bottom line is extremely simple. The faux "war on women" is abortion, first, second, last, and always. That's ultimately what it really boils down to.

Well it's never been about "equality", which was my whole point in bringing up those areas of concerns women HAD until the message changed to be all about abortion and contraception. I would have hoped they desired more and had grander aspirations than being reduced to merely sex objects and sexual freedom. Not much of a major accomplishment there.

They are all one in the same actually. Women want control of their lives as men desire the control of their lives.

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Edmund Burke

Well it's never been about "equality", which was my whole point in bringing up those areas of concerns women HAD until the message changed to be all about abortion and contraception. I would have hoped they desired more and had grander aspirations than being reduced to merely sex objects and sexual freedom. Not much of a major accomplishment there.

Last edited:

Would you care what a candidate's positions were if one of them was you'd have to get a vasectomy at the age of 25? Women don't care much what a GOPer's position is on taxes are if their policy is that you have to get a TVU or drive 800 miles for a procedure due to new restrictions authored by old white men.

Also brought up was the GOP opposition to the violence against women act and their opposition to the LLFPA... There seems to be a GOP policy to make women's lives as inconvenient and as dangerous as possible.

Would you care what a candidate's positions were if one of them was you'd have to get a vasectomy at the age of 25? Women don't care much what a GOPer's position is on taxes are if their policy is that you have to get a TVU or drive 800 miles for a procedure due to new restrictions authored by old white men.

Only some women. You ignore the ones that care about their family's finances and whether they can afford to stay at home to raise their kids.

Also brought up was the GOP opposition to the violence against women act and their opposition to the LLFPA... There seems to be a GOP policy to make women's lives as inconvenient and as dangerous as possible.

Why do women need a special law prohibiting violence against them? It's another feel-good piece of legislation that is more a political club than anything that will actually reduce violence. Tell you what, let's just make violence against another person illegal, whether that person is a man or a woman. Or would that be too common sense and already been done a long time ago?

Only some women. You ignore the ones that care about their family's finances and whether they can afford to stay at home to raise their kids.
And I think you point out another reason the GOP is so at odds with women and the American public in general. It's the "I'm in it for me" attitude. One of your Confederates here famously said that they could get by without the 3% LGBT vote...discounting that it isn't only the LGBT you're losing but most (if not all) who sympathize with what you guys put them through.

Why do women need a special law prohibiting violence against them? It's another feel-good piece of legislation that is more a political club than anything that will actually reduce violence. Tell you what, let's just make violence against another person illegal, whether that person is a man or a woman. Or would that be too common sense and already been done a long time ago?

Did you read the act? I don't think you did from your question.

Feel free to google it but be careful; you may just learn something. BTW it wasn't all GOP Senators who opposed it...here is a picture of the ones who did.

upload_2014-9-23_20-36-58.jpeg

See any female GOP senators on there? Perhaps you can ask them to explain the law to you.

And I think you point out another reason the GOP is so at odds with women and the American public in general. It's the "I'm in it for me" attitude. One of your Confederates here famously said that they could get by without the 3% LGBT vote...discounting that it isn't only the LGBT you're losing but most (if not all) who sympathize with what you guys put them through.

I'm not responsible for what someone else says. You mention being at odds with society and an "I'm in it for me" attitude. How does that not accurately describe the Sandra Flukes of the world who are destined to earn large sums of money yet demand everyone else subsidize their sex life?

Did you read the act? I don't think you did from your question.

Feel free to google it but be careful; you may just learn something. BTW it wasn't all GOP Senators who opposed it...here is a picture of the ones who did.

View attachment 32243

See any female GOP senators on there? Perhaps you can ask them to explain the law to you.

What provisions in the Act could not have been better applied to everyone equally, to give all equal standing under the law? Domestic violence can be done by anyone.

I'm a woman and I disagree. Abortion is not going anywhere and we all know that. Contraception is readily available to anyone who wants it (even minors, often without parental consent) and cheap, some places free. I'd like to focus on the economy, jobs, education, etc. I am so much more than my ovaries and am pretty tired of us being herded like cattle towards those two nonissues.

I'm a woman and I disagree. Abortion is not going anywhere and we all know that. Contraception is readily available to anyone who wants it (even minors, often without parental consent) and cheap, some places free. I'd like to focus on the economy, jobs, education, etc. I am so much more than my ovaries and am pretty tired of us being herded like cattle towards those two nonissues.

Thankfully some are more thoughtful than others.

Tresha, you simply aren't "woman enough" for the liberals, sorry hon. start whining about abortion, maybe they will let you in the club.

Moronic liberals.

Oh, and domestic violence is already illegal, why are you whining about this new law making it even more illegal I suppose not being passed?

Well the issue there is the need for more awareness concerning battered women, and a strong voice advocating help given to women, more than offering stricter laws. The problem is not necessarily failure to punish men involved in domestic violence, more than women who fail (for one reason or another) to press charges. You can have more severe punishment, but it doesn't do much at all if the woman refuses to become actively involved. In that case, I agree it's more a symbolic "feel-good we are bringing further awareness" than anything else.

Also, like you may be suggesting, it's rather sexist to think that only men are the aggressors in all domestic violence cases. In which case, legislation that addresses the concerns of women (as victims to have help available) would still be most appropriate. I think the American people really don't need to see symbolic sympathy legislation that does little to address the psychological needs and only places focus on women as opposed to the concerns surrounding violence in the home involving either sex... for the very least for the sake of the "kids" trapped helplessly in that environment. They should be of greatest concern, if there are any parental instincts there among the politicians in Congress at all.

In addition to children, I would support legislation that considers the loss of an unborn child (as a result of domestic violence) to be treated in the same manner as someone who committed murder. However, then we would be recognizing the life of that unborn child to be valued as a "person". The liberals, in all their hypocrisy of pushing for legislation "that aids and sympathizes with the need to protect the helpless weaker victim", would never go for that.

Tresha, you simply aren't "woman enough" for the liberals, sorry hon. start whining about abortion, maybe they will let you in the club.

Moronic liberals.

Oh, and domestic violence is already illegal, why are you whining about this new law making it even more illegal I suppose not being passed?
Did you read the law and what it provides?

I've been thinking about it for over 30 years since I started taking contraception. Abortion is not going anywhere. Contraception is cheap and readily available. These are the facts right now. The implication that women don't need to concern themselves with actual pressing issues is insulting and demeaning.

Many women disagree with you, and they are still women, still making less, still underemployed, still fighting for quality education for their children, still concerned that an ever-refreshing stream of poverty-stricken will mean they can never pay their "fair share." We are thoughtful, but thanks for the "airhead" jab. We women love that.

Let's keep the women focused on their body parts so they won't vote on issues that shape the country. Baaaaa!

I've been thinking about it for over 30 years since I started taking contraception. Abortion is not going anywhere. Contraception is cheap and readily available. These are the facts right now. The implication that women don't need to concern themselves with actual pressing issues is insulting and demeaning.

Many women disagree with you, and they are still women, still making less, still underemployed, still fighting for quality education for their children, still concerned that an ever-refreshing stream of poverty-stricken will mean they can never pay their "fair share." We are thoughtful, but thanks for the "airhead" jab. We women love that.

Let's keep the women focused on their body parts so they won't vote on issues that shape the country. Baaaaa!

I agree with you. I'm surprised more women don't find it insulting that, to democrats, the only thing important about them is their plumbing.

Forum List

Back