War is NOT a Jesus thing

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Many of the propagators of this war in Iraq, as well as the war against terrorism, claim to believe in Jesus, the Christ, the Saviour. How do the teachings of Jesus reconcile your beliefs in WAR? Even the Crusades, that attempted to annialate Islam, proved that war and force would not be successful.

I'm a Christian, I can't for the life of me understand why God-Like aspiring people might embrace WAR of any nature, and much less this one. Maybe overly religious people are drawn to WAR, I am not.

I personally don't embrace war and think we as a society are probably numb to violence. Unfortunately, there are those on this planet that only understand the sword. How do you combat this? Roll over and Die? Try to explain to them how "bad" war and violence really is? I can see myself sitting down over tea with some of those Fallujah sub humans discussing why they did what they did, and showing them the error of there ways. Think I'd live more then 5 seconds? 10?

Originally posted by Psychoblues
Many of the propagators of this war in Iraq, as well as the war against terrorism, claim to believe in Jesus, the Christ, the Saviour. How do the teachings of Jesus reconcile your beliefs in WAR? Even the Crusades, that attempted to annialate Islam, proved that war and force would not be successful.

I'm a Christian, I can't for the life of me understand why God-Like aspiring people might embrace WAR of any nature, and much less this one. Maybe overly religious people are drawn to WAR, I am not.

As a Christian, I agree completely. You WILL find OT references, however, to Jews being told to go to war to protect their God given property. -(land)

This is in defense. The other references in OT show other situations where God spoke directly to individuals (in the early part of the OT) where the pieces were being put in place for Israel to become the chosen land.

When Jesus shows up and also throughout the NT you find references to guard with your life the things he grants us (like property) as well. You will find bits about stewardship that quite clearly aid in understanding the perspective.

The whole BIBLICAL point wraps around stewardship and proper application of. To do otherwise is in violation of Biblical teaching. The only way a Christian could validate the Iraq war was if we had formal notification by their leaders that they were specifically out to destroy us at all costs. Otherwise, we simply defend ourselves on the lower level necessary.

This is why I personally cannot see Bush justifying this in any capacity. Add the fact he claims muslims and Christians worship the same God, and I defy anyone to prove he IS a Christian.

Label the mentality of the Iraq war based on purely religious convictions and you have yourself a genuine strawman.

As a secular humanitarian I can easily reconcile the lives saved in Iraq based upon the ouster of Saddam compared to the ongoing cost of lives lost in the act. 100 FOLD.

BTW, I am not religious, one bit, and I believe I remain objective enough to weigh each in light of their practice.

I see modern day, liberally enlightened Christianity existing in the today's securlar Western governments as a force serving the peace of mind of it's believers, and not attemping to dominate to serve the ego and power of the orgination's leaders.

(Catholic Pope-a-dopes excluded.)

The major step for this religion (AND Judaism) was to reserve any penalty for trespassing on their beliefs to GOD alone.

ie. The "soft sell" approach.

Wahabbi Islam has developed into a totalitarian, hostile meme similar to the period of the early Christian Inquisions. The religion is pushed as the rule of law, and the burden of God's will according to the scripture is no longer one of His own making.

Todays Fundamentalists in Islam believe every true Muslim in this faith must become a handmaiden to FORCEFULLY applying the scripture among the non-believers, to prove their worthiness to Allah. And this meme must be destroyed, because it is in all moral sense, EVIL.

Label the mentality of the Iraq war based on purely religious convictions and you have yourself a genuine strawman.

If you believe saving lives is the morally correct choice then you invade Iraq. I can prove this very simply, if you even care.

BTW, I am not religious, one bit, and I believe I remain objective enough to weigh each in light of their practice.

I see modern day, liberally enlightened Christianity existing in the today's securlar Western governments as a force serving the peace of mind of it's believers, and not attemping to dominate to serve the ego and power of the orgination's leaders.

(Catholic Pope-a-dopes excluded.)

The major step for this religion (AND Judaism) was to reserve any penalty for trespassing on their beliefs to GOD alone.

ie. The "soft sell" approach.

Wahabbi Islam has developed into a totalitarian, hostile meme similar to the period of the early Christian Inquisions. The religion is pushed as the rule of law, and the burden of God's will according to the scripture is no longer one of His own making.

Todays Fundamentalists in Islam believe every true Muslim in this faith must become a handmaiden to FORCEFULLY applying the scripture among the non-believers, to prove their worthiness to Allah. And this meme must be destroyed, because it is in all moral sense, EVIL.

All due respect, it would appear either you are having a real bad day, or your typing fingers are drunk.

I am now attempting to edit my post.

:D

Originally posted by NewGuy
All due respect, it would appear either you are having a real bad day, or your typing fingers are drunk.

Oh, yah, just make fun of me!

This damn program keeps copying the post every time I try to edit it out. Why don't you try to edit your own post and see what I mean.

Originally posted by NewGuy
How does that look?:rotflmao:

Please delete my repeated posts. Honest to God, I hit "Edit" and it copied it for no good reason.

(But I have had a few beers, lol)

Privyet, Comrade Zhukov. You just need a few hours and a ten spot and you can meet Jesus in the theater!

(I hear it's not a good "date" movie, though!)

Originally posted by Comrade
Privyet, Comrade Zhukov. You just need a few hours and a ten spot and you can meet Jesus in the theater!

(I hear it's not a good "date" movie, though!)

If you see him in the theatre, you have to go through "mary".

While I might be an atheist, I am VERY glad I live in a Christian nation. Still, I do not look to the Bible for advice on keeping America or the rest of the relevant world secure from tyrants & despotic lunatics. I know Christ said love thy enemy. But, hey! That doesn't mean that you can't love him while you blow his head off, right? Let's just call it tough love.

As for Islam, I have to admit that I believe it to be a very dangerous religion, intrinsically. See, unlike Christianity, Islam never had a middle man like Jesus to qualify & moderate its predecessor's text.

Jesus to sinners:

Jesus- "Look, guys, I know my dad is a real hardass, but you guys really have to chill out on all these Sodom & Gomorrah antics. Look, you guys clean it up and I'll go calm him down, ok? Good! Peace & love, dudes!"

See, Islam never had that. In addition, they chose an adulterer, pedophile, & murderer-Mohammad- as their Messiah.

btw- Oh, muslims. Before you are tempted to "Rushdie" me, you guys might wanna take a little blame, yourselves. I mean, hell! I can't help that you guys didn't do a thorough background check on YOUR prophet! I think "we" had a pretty good vetting process in place for our Messiah, Da Big J.C. up in da hizouse.

btw- Who the hell would want 72 virgins? I would want 72 loose females. Then again, I'm just a worthless infidel, right?LMFAO

But seriously, folks.....

Another big difference between Christianity & Islam is that the Bible- though it does contradict itself a little here & there- states that vengeance shall be God's. In Islam, when a mullah, imam, or cleric issues a jihad, it is the duty of every single muslim to take up arms & slaughter the target of the fatwa. In truth, it is the "good" muslims who have hijacked the religion, in some ways, from the bin Laden types. For according to islam, the hottest places in hell are reserved for those muslims who associate with or give aid to the infidels.

Regardless of to whom the religion belongs, the "good" muslims had better fully get on-board with us infidels & help destroy our common enemy: Al Qaeda, bin Laden, & all islamic terrorists.

Bottom Line: If I had my wish, everybody in the world would practice their own religion, be able to live out their dreams, and be able to live & die in total peace & harmony. Unfortunately, I am not a liberal and I must accept the world in which we ACTUALLY live. If we do not destroy the Evil Ones & save the good people, we are doomed to live in a world where genocide is the order of the day...... EVERYWHERE!

If Christ were against war, why would God lay out 'war' as the major conclusion of this planet..

Armageddon...not the movie. :)

btw- Who the hell would want 72 virgins? I would want 72 loose females. Then again, I'm just a worthless infidel, right?LMFAO

My question is what do you do with 72 virgins? I mean you cant do anything with them or they wont be virgins anymore. And i doubt they waited this long for a guy who strapped dynamite to himself and walked into a day care center. Women, especially virgins, can be very picky about sex. Personally I think it would be sheer torture, I mean all these beautiful women and you cant do anything about it. Talk about hell.

If you listen to some of these Wakos in AQ they are using the "Crusade" thing. I submit it is these muslims that are waging a crusade.

Forum List

Back