WaPo: Russia paid for Facebook ads encouraging Bernie supporters not to vote last November

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
WaPo: Russia paid for Facebook ads encouraging Bernie supporters not to vote last November
The Bernie or Bust movement was (at least in part) fueled by Russian operatives in social media.
From today's Washington Post:

Watts said such efforts were most likely to have been effective in Midwestern swing states such as Wisconsin and Michigan, where Democratic primary rival Sen. Bernie Sanders had beaten Clinton. Watts said the disinformation pushed by the Russians included messages designed to reinforce the idea that Sanders had been mistreated by the Democratic Party and that his supporters shouldn’t bother to vote during the general election in November.

Russian operatives used Facebook ads to exploit America’s racial and religious divisions

Russia is know for this in Eastern Europe. So this is very likely...Russia is the enemy of the united states.

Yeah yeah that's the ticket. It wasn't that the Sanders voters were pissed off at Clinton and the DNC fucking Bernie over to win the nomination for Clinton.

No. That couldn't be it at all. Yeah it was the Russians that convinced the Sanders voters to not come out for Hillary.

Yeah, yeah it was the Ruskies. Not that Hillary called them basement dwellers. Yeah, yeah, it was the Russians.

Yeah yeah that's the ticket. It wasn't that the Sanders voters were pissed off at Clinton and the DNC fucking Bernie over to win the nomination for Clinton.

No. That couldn't be it at all. Yeah it was the Russians that convinced the Sanders voters to not come out for Hillary.

Yeah, yeah it was the Ruskies. Not that Hillary called them basement dwellers. Yeah, yeah, it was the Russians.
False choice. The Russians amplified the discord with their Facebook ads.
Of course many Bernie supporters were unhappy, but Putin added fuel to the fire.

Do you think Russia paid $100000 on Facebook in vain?
And thus, tinydancer's bad argument fails once again.

Of course many Bernie supporters were unhappy, but a whole nation added fuel to the fire. And thus, tinydancer's bad argument fails once again.

Oooooooooh. It was reported that they spent a whole $100,000. Wow just wow. Look at the power of Russian money compared to millions spent by Team Hillary.

I'm on facebook all the time and i never saw any of this.
Because not everyone was targeted with ads , moron. That's why it's called microtargeting
You sound like those, "I wasn't polled, so polls don't exist" morons.

Of course many Bernie supporters were unhappy, but a whole nation added fuel to the fire. And thus, tinydancer's bad argument fails once again.

Oooooooooh. It was reported that they spent a whole $100,000. Wow just wow. Look at the power of Russian money compared to millions spent by Team Hillary.
Wait. But I thought Russians wanted Hillary to win. Uh oh, you accidentally debunked Trump’s fake claim.

Wait. But I thought Russians wanted Hillary to win. Uh oh, you accidentally debunked Trump’s fake claim.

I never claimed that. Only country I can point to definitively that interfered in the election to put Clinton in the White House is the Ukraine.

I never claimed that. Only country I can point to definitively that interfered in the election to put Clinton in the White House is the Ukraine.
How much did Ukraine spend on Facebook ads? Crickets.

Oh it couldn't be that Sanders supporters felt betrayed. No. OMG it was Putin that made them stay home.

Burning from leaked emails, these Sanders supporters won’t back Hillary

Burning from leaked emails, these Sanders supporters won't back Hillary
How many felt betrayed after watching Russian propaganda? You didn't say.

You really need to give up the Russian bullshit if you really want to move your party into the win column again. But to address your question I believe you would have to poll Sanders supporters who felt "Berned by Hillary" if they were swayed by alleged Russian propaganda.

Facebook hasn't released that information. But the Ukrainian interference is recognized even in the Ukraine. Actually it's a big issue at the moment.

Ukrainian MP seeks probe of Ukraine-Clinton ties
Parliament member demands to know whether his country's government targeted Trump in the 2016 campaign.

By DAVID STERN

08/16/2017 12:48 PM EDT

KIEV – A Ukrainian member of parliament has requested a criminal investigation into possible meddling by his country’s government into last year’s U.S. presidential elections, claiming the interference has “seriously damaged Ukrainian-American relations.”

In a July 24 letter to Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Andrei Derkach, an independent MP who was formerly aligned with a pro-Russian party, requested that authorities launch a pretrial investigation into “illegal interference in the election of President of the United States organized by a criminal organization.” This organization, he said, consisted of senior members of the country’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau, government officials, and other public figures.

Of course many Bernie supporters were unhappy, but Putin added fuel to the fire.

Do you think Russia paid $100000 on Facebook in vain?
And thus, tinydancer's bad argument fails once again.

Hillary paid $1000000000 in vain. A hundred Gs is a little bit less than that.

Greg

Facebook hasn't released that information. But the Ukrainian interference is recognized even in the Ukraine. Actually it's a big issue at the moment.

Parliament member demands to know whether his country's government targeted Trump in the 2016 campaign.

By DAVID STERN

08/16/2017 12:48 PM EDT

KIEV – A Ukrainian member of parliament has requested a criminal investigation into possible meddling by his country’s government into last year’s U.S. presidential elections, claiming the interference has “seriously damaged Ukrainian-American relations.”

In a July 24 letter to Ukraine’s prosecutor general, Andrei Derkach, an independent MP who was formerly aligned with a pro-Russian party, requested that authorities launch a pretrial investigation into “illegal interference in the election of President of the United States organized by a criminal organization.” This organization, he said, consisted of senior members of the country’s National Anti-Corruption Bureau, government officials, and other public figures.

"One MP calls for something".
LOL.

Forum List

Back