Want to watch THE MOST RIDICULOUS presidential interview ever?

We have created an economic system where basic necessities of life are unattainable for the working class without assuming mountains of debt.
Owning a house means you become a slave to that mortgage.
Getting a college degree sets you up for decades of payments.

As usual, Conservatives misrepresent those who buy homes and go to college. The overwhelming majority are hard working
As usual - the liberals create policies without regard to the obvious problems it will cause. Then blame Republicans for not solving the problem.
Exactly what has happened with sky rocketing tuition and student housing. - BOTH have had unconscionable increases the past 20 years - all due to liberal policies of LOAN! LOAN! LOAN!

As usual - the liberals create policies without regard to the obvious problems it will cause. Then blame Republicans for not solving the problem.
Exactly what has happened with sky rocketing tuition and student housing. - BOTH have had unconscionable increases the past 20 years - all due to liberal policies of LOAN! LOAN! LOAN!

For low income Americans, that student loan is the only available path to higher education

President Biden and other liberals has advocated FREE higher education…just like other countries do

As usual, Conservatives were outraged and blocked all proposals

So stop blaming liberals for student debt. Conservatives want only the wealthy to be eligible for higher education

For low income Americans, that student loan is the only available path to higher education

President Biden and other liberals has advocated FREE higher education…just like other countries do

As usual, Conservatives were outraged and blocked all proposals

So stop blaming liberals for student debt. Conservatives want only the wealthy to be eligible for higher education
Wrong. And I think you know it.
Before the liberals insisted on getting into both the student loan business, but also student housing and even loaning for food etc. - 90% of college degrees were attainable WITHOUT BORROWING MONEY.
I graduated in 1988... no loans. I worked one year after high school saving for college, and then worked while I went to college. And bought a car at the same time.
No one can do that anymore - because even the most simplest liberal arts degree comes with well into a 5 figure tuition cost. And that sky-rocketing tuition is a direct result of the government liberal policy of loan first - ask questions... never.

Wrong. And I think you know it.
Before the liberals insisted on getting into both the student loan business, but also student housing and even loaning for food etc. - 90% of college degrees were attainable WITHOUT BORROWING MONEY.
I graduated in 1988... no loans. I worked one year after high school saving for college, and then worked while I went to college. And bought a car at the same time.
No one can do that anymore - because even the most simplest liberal arts degree comes with well into a 5 figure tuition cost. And that sky-rocketing tuition is a direct result of the government liberal policy of loan first - ask questions... never.
I graduated in 1978 and paid for it making $2.10 an hour over the summer. My first years tuition was $650

Your cause and effect claims are lopsided. You claim tuition went up because more students were taking loans. I claim more students took loans because tuition increased and minimum wage did not keep pace

In my state, New York, I saw tuition increase because the State Legislature cut aid to colleges

I graduated in 1978 and paid for it making $2.10 an hour over the summer. My first years tuition was $650

Your cause and effect claims are lopsided. You claim tuition went up because more students were taking loans. I claim more students took loans because tuition increased and minimum wage did not keep pace

In my state, New York, I saw tuition increase because the State Legislature cut aid to colleges
Really?
RW - there are countless studies that show the mass loaning by the feds had an OBVIOUS effect on tuition. It is simply silly and obtuse to attempt to say anything else.
Then came all the quad complexes for student housing. Universities were VERY interested in the lucrative and outrageous business of renting to students. Dorms rented for years at schools for practically nothing. Not anymore.
When my daughter went, the only student housing were quads... $680/mo for one tiny bedroom, shared bathroom and small shared living space with 4 other students. The school rakes in $2,720/mo per small quad. That is evil. And fully supported and paid for by government grants and loans.
Today - student housing cost more than tuition did 20 years ago. Just the housing.

Really?
RW - there are countless studies that show the mass loaning by the feds had an OBVIOUS effect on tuition. It is simply silly and obtuse to attempt to say anything else.
Then came all the quad complexes for student housing. Universities were VERY interested in the lucrative and outrageous business of renting to students. Dorms rented for years at schools for practically nothing. Not anymore.
When my daughter went, the only student housing were quads... $680/mo for one tiny bedroom, shared bathroom and small shared living space with 4 other students. The school rakes in $2,720/mo per small quad. That is evil. And fully supported and paid for by government grants and loans.
Today - student housing cost more than tuition did 20 years ago. Just the housing.

I still fail to see your cart before the horse logic. Student need to borrow more was due to increases in tuition and frozen minimum wages.

Schools don’t have a monopoly on housing. $2720 a month will get you a nice Condo outside the University. I worked with a guy who bought a Condo outside the University at 3.5 percent interest rate. Renting the other bedrooms paid the mortgage.

Forum List

Back