Want to know how Barack Obama got re-elected?

Okay, so here's a question I asked on another thread, without an answer:

Let's say you're right, let's say Obama won because of the "uninformed voter".

If it wants to win in the future, what's the GOP gonna do about this?

There is nothing the GOP can do about it. If people choose to sell their freedom for government table scraps, they have that right. If people choose to spend time watching Honey Boo-Boo and Desperate Housewives instead of guarding the Republic, that's their right.

There is NOTHING the GOP (or anyone else) can do about that - so don't blame them. Blame the large portion of the American people who have become lazy and greedy (ie liberals).

I must admit I was hoping your response would be more like "change hearts & minds by carefully and patiently using calm and civil reason, and help less informed voters make more rational decisions at the ballot box."

Personally, I'd like to see Civics classes in High School. Closest thing I had was Social Studies..and that was pretty weak.

It's probably completely dreadful today.

When you really think about the millions of people who died since the very beginning (from declaring independence from England to right now) to give us freedom, it is truly the worst form of tragedy how American's are so spoiled and entitled, that they won't take the time to understand their own government, be informed on the issues, or hold representatives accountable. A few facts here you will find in the first video of this webpage:

• On election night, the #1 search term on Google was "who is running for president?".

• Of the people who actually took the time to vote, 70% did not know that the Constitution was the supreme law of the land.

• Of the people who actually took the time to vote, 62% could not name the three branches of government.

• Of the people who actually took the time to vote, 65% did not know the purpose of the judicial branch.

Do You Know the History of Executive Orders? Plus, Find Out Which President Has Issued the Most (Hint: Not Obama) | Video | TheBlaze.com

lol

Classic.

The old ‘stupid voter’ dodge. Republicans, purveyors of ‘personal responsibility,’ can’t address the fact that they lost the General Election as a consequence of their own failures.

And of course, when a republican is next elected president, the voters will be perceived as informed and intelligent.

Is The Blaze/Beck STILL crying (literally) about the election results? The President won AGAIN & the Righties can't accept it.

There is nothing the GOP can do about it. If people choose to sell their freedom for government table scraps, they have that right. If people choose to spend time watching Honey Boo-Boo and Desperate Housewives instead of guarding the Republic, that's their right.

There is NOTHING the GOP (or anyone else) can do about that - so don't blame them. Blame the large portion of the American people who have become lazy and greedy (ie liberals).

Oh, please. It's the Republican Congress that is "lazy" and "agenda-laden" obstructionists, who place their hate and contempt for President Obama above the needs and wants of the American People. It's liberals who are restoring integrity and common sense to the nation.

Lol, yeah from 2007-2008 democrats went along with bush and didn't say anything negative about him?

Of the people who actually took the time to vote, 70% did not know that the Constitution was the supreme law of the land.

Given the proposed laws in states such as Wyoming, where state laws will ‘nullify’ Federal laws concerning gun control, it would seem the above is true of 100 percent of republicans and conservatives.

How did Obama get re-elected? He had a majority in the Electoral College. Glad to have been of help to you.

I guess we can add people like bodecea and swallow as part of the problem as well. When faced with indisputable facts, that truly are as tragic as some of the schools shootings we've seen (after all, people didn't die so you can watch Honey Boo-Boo), all you can do is avoid the facts.

Don't acknowledge the tragedy. Don't make a suggestion how we could help solve the tragedy. No, no. Just make a snarky, asinine remark. I guess it's protect Barack Obama at all costs, uh folks?

What a damn shame this great nation has produced people like bodecea and swallow.

Is it any wonder Acorn and other left-wing organizations run around trying to get people registered to vote? Their entire party and their power hinges on the uneducated.

What a shame that people died so that others could be so ungrateful and ignore liberty to focus on Honey Boo-Boo...

Perhaps people should have to take tests at the polling booths prior to voting....if they dont pass, they dont vote.

How does that sound to ya. Perhaps only home owners should be able to vote? Perhaps only in certain area's? Perhaps only cetain ages?

I am speaking to you....Its fucking America. Deal with it or leave. (That should be our official motto. :) )

When you really think about the millions of people who died since the very beginning (from declaring independence from England to right now) to give us freedom, it is truly the worst form of tragedy how American's are so spoiled and entitled, that they won't take the time to understand their own government, be informed on the issues, or hold representatives accountable. A few facts here you will find in the first video of this webpage:

• On election night, the #1 search term on Google was "who is running for president?".

• Of the people who actually took the time to vote, 70% did not know that the Constitution was the supreme law of the land.

• Of the people who actually took the time to vote, 62% could not name the three branches of government.

• Of the people who actually took the time to vote, 65% did not know the purpose of the judicial branch.

Do You Know the History of Executive Orders? Plus, Find Out Which President Has Issued the Most (Hint: Not Obama) | Video | TheBlaze.com

What's your point here?

You want to further suppress the vote?

Right now, only a third of eligible voters..actually vote.

Did I say anything about that? My point is simply that it is sad how people gave their life - and this is the "thanks" we give them.

How did Obama get re-elected? He had a majority in the Electoral College. Glad to have been of help to you.

I guess we can add people like bodecea and swallow as part of the problem as well. When faced with indisputable facts, that truly are as tragic as some of the schools shootings we've seen (after all, people didn't die so you can watch Honey Boo-Boo), all you can do is avoid the facts.

Don't acknowledge the tragedy. Don't make a suggestion how we could help solve the tragedy. No, no. Just make a snarky, asinine remark. I guess it's protect Barack Obama at all costs, uh folks?

What a damn shame this great nation has produced people like bodecea and swallow.
Would you think it a greater shame that America has produced people like Dick Cheney and Dubya?

Yes, made up of the people who don't know the Constitution is the Supreme Court of the land, what the 3 branches of government are, or what the purpose of the judicial branch is....

Facts, they are a bitch, uh bodecea?

That is an illogical fallacy. Do you have proof people don't know the Constitution, what the 3 branches of government, or what purpose each branch serves? No, you don't. So, stop embarrassing yourself.

You mean other than the exit polls taken during the last election? :lmao:

Please, don't speak when you don't know what you're talking about.

I too would have said wanton disrespect for the voting public on the part of the GOP. Looks like we're in agreement.

Want to know how Barack Obama got re-elected? A slight majority saw fit to put their own entitlements ahead of the greater good of the Nation.

Naw.

Those people ran Mitt Romney.

They are called "CEOs".

And they lost.

Another liberal who has conveniently forgotten Obama's $35,000 per plate fundraiser. Ask yourself how many times Bush prosecuted white collar Wall Street crime, as opposed to Obama? I think the answer will surprise you. Why Can't Obama Bring Wall Street to Justice? - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

Oh, please. It's the Republican Congress that is "lazy" and "agenda-laden" obstructionists, who place their hate and contempt for President Obama above the needs and wants of the American People. It's liberals who are restoring integrity and common sense to the nation.

Lol, yeah from 2007-2008 democrats went along with bush and didn't say anything negative about him?

In terms of passing legislation and policy..George W. Bush was one of the most successful Presidents in history.

That wasn't because of "obstructionist" Democrats. Quite the contrary.

Want to know how Barack Obama got re-elected? A slight majority saw fit to put their own entitlements ahead of the greater good of the Nation.

Naw.

They are called "CEOs".

And they lost.

Another liberal who has conveniently forgotten Obama's $35,000 per plate fundraiser. Ask yourself how many times Bush prosecuted white collar Wall Street crime, as opposed to Obama? I think the answer will surprise you. Why Can't Obama Bring Wall Street to Justice? - Newsweek and The Daily Beast

Bush "prosecuted" white collar crime because of Eliot Spitzer.

Something you folks conveniently forget.

When Spitzer resigned as governor..the champagne was flowing on wall street.

Is it any wonder Acorn and other left-wing organizations run around trying to get people registered to vote? Their entire party and their power hinges on the uneducated.

What a shame that people died so that others could be so ungrateful and ignore liberty to focus on Honey Boo-Boo...

This thread has me laughing out loud.

The America that re-elected a filthy little halfwit inheritor blowhard in 2004 makes your point - that most American voters are little better than human cattle (my addition, thanks to modern public education) - better than electing Obama to a third term - against Constitutional law - could possibly do.

Nothing in my life after 1970 made me fear for America's future in the way the nation of morons that re-elected Junior made me fear for our nation's future.

Nothing.

Last edited:

I must admit I was hoping your response would be more like "change hearts & minds by carefully and patiently using calm and civil reason, and help less informed voters make more rational decisions at the ballot box."

Well, in a fantasy land, that would work great. However, here in the real world, that's a pipe dream. "Calm and civil reason" along with FACTS are used every day here on USMB, and they are completely dismissed by the radical ideologue liberals. When mommy & daddy brainwash you at birth that liberty and personal responsibility are "evil", and that you are entitled to what other people have, you're not likely to ever see the light.

The fact is, liberalism has to lead to the degradation of morals/values and the home. Liberalism has lead to drugs, moral decay, decadence, promiscuity ("solved" by MURDER through abortion), and ignorance - all of which culminating in to the "why work when I can scream I'm entitled to what others have earned" mentality.

Yes, made up of the people who don't know the Constitution is the Supreme Court of the land, what the 3 branches of government are, or what the purpose of the judicial branch is....

Facts, they are a bitch, uh bodecea?

Most people that make up the Electoral College know the Constitution pretty well.

Do you know what the Electoral College even is?

The United States Electoral College is the institution that officially elects the President and Vice President of the United States every four years. The President and Vice President are not elected directly by the voters. Instead, they are elected indirectly by "electors" who are elected by popular vote on a state-by-state basis.[1] Electors are apportioned to each state and the District of Columbia, but not to territorial possessions of the United States, such as Puerto Rico and Guam. The number of electors in each state is equal to the number of members of Congress to which the state is entitled.[2] The Twenty-third Amendment has always resulted in the District of Columbia having three electors. There are 538 electors, based on there being 435 representatives and 100 senators, plus the three electors from the District of Columbia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_College_(United_States)

I do... The Electoral College is the thing that only works when Democrats get elected, yet somehow Democrats, and the Media scream that popular vote really should be the only thing that matters when Republicans get elected. Enough said.

This thread has me laughing out loud.

The America that re-elected a filthy little halfwit inheritor in 2004 makes your point better than electing Obama to a third term - against Constitutional law - could possibly do.

Nothing in my life after 1970 made me fear for America's future in the way the nation of morons that re-elected Junior made me fear for our nation's future.

Nothing.

Yes, but you're a completely uninformed radical wing-nut ideologue who refuses to accept the personal responsibility that comes with liberty. Instead, you'd rather trade that in and just accept communism so you don't have to work or be responsible.

Naw.

They are called "CEOs".

And they lost.

Bush "prosecuted" white collar crime because of Eliot Spitzer.

Something you folks conveniently forget.

When Spitzer resigned as governor..the champagne was flowing on wall street.

And it still is, because Holder has chosen to ignore his masters donors.

Forum List

Back