Walmart Greeter Punched By Customer Gets Fired

I think he was fired for pushing the customer into the tag sensor (those things are fragile and expensive) and then knocking over the sign and causing paper to be strewed around the entrance of the store.

I would fire someone for punching a customer...unless the customer was in danger of harming my employee.

I'd have no choice in the matter...who would hire my company if I employed hot tempered assholes?

To bad he lost his job but a greeter is not a security guard.

He should have just grabbed the paper OUT of the clip board and let the idiot have the clipboard.

He did fight with a customer. That is what he was fired for.
He was not fired because this idiot criminal says he called him a name.

Why cant you people ever get the facts straight.

I would fire someone for punching a customer...unless the customer was in danger of harming my employee.

I'd have no choice in the matter...who would hire my company if I employed hot tempered assholes?

What if you owned a temp agency for bouncers?

what a crock of shit. the "poor little racist" victim followed the employee back into the store and stole company property,, after stealing company property and setting off the alarm.. Poor little racist victim got arrested. It is against the law to comitt assault and battery on the elderly.. fuck walmart and their job.. is there a real lawyer in the house?

Well Jillian - I said it was prob bullshit but it wasn't caught on video so I guess they should take the criminal's word over the employee's right? In fact I think it should be legal to use bad words when getting punched in the face. Call me crazy.

maybe he got punched in the face for using the slur.

and i'm figuring that it's against store policy to use racial slurs or handle an incident unprofessionally.

but where are all the "you can fire anyone you want" people?

I think they have the right to fire him even though he did appear to be defending himself, but if I were the manager, I don't think I would have fired him. You simply do not fight with a customer... no if's, and's or but's about it. Defending one's self is one thing but fighting back is another.

From the looks of it, though, Mr. Bauman had every right to defend himself and even take a swing at the alleged thief, but Walmart can't have its employees fighting with customers either.

However, Jillian, maybe he didn't use the slur as he was accused of doing and the alleged thief is only attempting to minimize the trouble he is in.

It sure seems to me like the alleged thief might have stolen something since he set off the alarm, didn't stop to allow the greeters to wave him on, which they always do anyway and then charged back in and attacked Mr Bauman unprovoked.

Immie

The kid comes back in, probably expecting to beat up the guy and take the clipboard and didn't expect the old man to be so strong. Racial slur? The kid stole something, then comes back and beats on an old man and cries racism? Which one would you believe?

If it really was a racial slur, the kid could have gone to management and filed a complaint, Walmart wouldn't have done anything about the theft, they've already said they don't prosecute shoplifters.

either way, it's a pr nightmare for wal mart. I mean, i hate the fucking store and what it does to minimize the standard of living of Americans but there will be no recourse for the firing outside of predictable threats of boycotts which are about as threatening as a junkie swearing he'll never buy from his dealer again.

A Walmart greeter who was shown on video getting punched by a customer has been fired.

Ed Bauman, 69, said the act of defending himself cost him his job.

Bauman went into Walmart hoping to get back to work for the first time since police said he was punched by a customer. Instead, Bauman said he was fired. His termination notice called the incident an act of "gross misconduct" and accused Bauman of fighting with a customer.

Walmart Greeter Punched By Customer Gets Fired - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

What a shame. And of course the scumbag assailant screamed "racist!"

Bauman is white. He's not a member of a protected class. Therefore, he has no right to defend himself.

Now they have to worry about a wrongful termination lawsuit if he was defending himself.

A Walmart greeter who was shown on video getting punched by a customer has been fired.

Ed Bauman, 69, said the act of defending himself cost him his job.

Bauman went into Walmart hoping to get back to work for the first time since police said he was punched by a customer. Instead, Bauman said he was fired. His termination notice called the incident an act of "gross misconduct" and accused Bauman of fighting with a customer.

Walmart Greeter Punched By Customer Gets Fired - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

Bauman is white. He's not a member of a protected class. Therefore, he has no right to defend himself.

He is part of a protected class...the elderly.

He is part of a protected class...the elderly.
Yes, but he's not as protected as this other guy and must win a game of "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock" for who wins protection.

Forum List

Back