Walmart Greeter Punched By Customer Gets Fired

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
A Walmart greeter who was shown on video getting punched by a customer has been fired.

Ed Bauman, 69, said the act of defending himself cost him his job.

Bauman went into Walmart hoping to get back to work for the first time since police said he was punched by a customer. Instead, Bauman said he was fired. His termination notice called the incident an act of "gross misconduct" and accused Bauman of fighting with a customer.

Walmart Greeter Punched By Customer Gets Fired - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

What a shame. And of course the scumbag assailant screamed "racist!"

A Walmart greeter who was shown on video getting punched by a customer has been fired.

Bauman went into Walmart hoping to get back to work for the first time since police said he was punched by a customer. Instead, Bauman said he was fired. His termination notice called the incident an act of "gross misconduct" and accused Bauman of fighting with a customer.

Walmart Greeter Punched By Customer Gets Fired - Orlando News Story - WESH Orlando

I am so sick of that "racist" card. Like I said before 50% of whites voted for Obama, more than 90% of blacks voted for Obama, who do you really think are the racists?

I would guess that was the reason for his termination and not defending himself which the police determined was justified. Of course, it is probably bullshit. But all they have to do is say the word... I am wondering if "negro" will now be acceptable when being punched in the face. We're going to have to ask Obama I guess.

The video clearly shows him throwing a punch, thus he fought with a customer. As a greeter, it's not his job to tussle with a customer, even one who may have shoplifted. If the kid took his clip board...fine, let him have it and walk away. Those store usually have security, call them and allow them to deal with the kid.

In regards to the supposed racial slur, well, since all of the evidence isn't available, I'll hold my opinion.

-TSO

yeah...not like it's possible the guy used a slur like the article says, eh?

yeah...not like it's possible the guy used a slur like the article says, eh?

I'd have a choice epithet for him, too, taking a swing at a guy three times his age.

Walmart greeter is an actual paid position???

I always thought it was a volunteer greeting me.

I would guess that was the reason for his termination and not defending himself which the police determined was justified. Of course, it is probably bullshit. But all they have to do is say the word... I am wondering if "negro" will now be acceptable when being punched in the face. We're going to have to ask Obama I guess.

Maybe he called him a "tar baby".

Well Jillian - I said it was prob bullshit but it wasn't caught on video so I guess they should take the criminal's word over the employee's right? In fact I think it should be legal to use bad words when getting punched in the face. Call me crazy.

Well Jillian - I said it was prob bullshit but it wasn't caught on video so I guess they should take the criminal's word over the employee's right? In fact I think it should be legal to use bad words when getting punched in the face. Call me crazy.

maybe he got punched in the face for using the slur.

and i'm figuring that it's against store policy to use racial slurs or handle an incident unprofessionally.

but where are all the "you can fire anyone you want" people?

It's a tough call for me.

As much as I would like to root for the old guy, he was probably in violation of company policy.

In fact people have been fired for fighting back during a robbery as company policy most often states that in the event of a robbery, all employees should comply with the robber's demands and not offer resistance.

Forum List

Back