Walmart And Facial Recognition

Asclepias

Diamond Member
Aug 3, 2013
Breathing rarified air.
Went to Wally world today and while waiting in line I was looking up at the video screen and saw something that alarmed me. The picture of people checking out flashed boxes around each persons face every time they turned toward the camera. Did some investigating and found out that they indeed use facial recognition software.

Sci-fi tech used by Walmart to spot shoplifters raises privacy questions

Nothing, and I mean nothing, is private about our lives anymore.
I'm just wondering why I hadnt heard about this. It sucks because I know they are cross referencing all those selfies people take and IDing them.

That's what the world has come to. You can complain if you want to, but I doubt it would do any good. The technology is easily available, and it isn't going away.

I'm just wondering why I hadnt heard about this. It sucks because I know they are cross referencing all those selfies people take and IDing them.

That's what the world has come to. You can complain if you want to, but I doubt it would do any good. The technology is easily available, and it isn't going away.
Pretty soon we will have customized holographic commercials played for us everywhere we walk.

Looks like I spoke to late.

German firm uses facial recognition to bring personalized ads

Pretty soon we will have customized holographic commercials played for us everywhere we walk.

Looks like I spoke to late.

German firm uses facial recognition to bring personalized ads

That is so annoying.

I read an article years ago about how Target has sensors in the aisles that read how long a customer stands in a particular spot looking at an item. What items they buy. How much time they spend there. It's kinda creepy.

“The upshot is that, for now, companies have more or less free rein to operate as they wish in the U.S. when it comes to using facial recognition tools. The only exceptions are Illinois and Texas, where state laws limit collection of biometric data. California, which is typically active on consumer privacy issues, is considering a bill that would prevent online vendors from collecting students’ biometric information, but does not have more wide-ranging laws.

As for the federal government, Neuburger says the Federal Trade Commission could conceivably try to regulate the industry under its unfair trade practice authority, but that the agency is not able to create news laws on its own. Meanwhile, he says Congress is unlikely to pass sweeping laws about privacy and facial recognition anytime soon.” ibid

And there you have it.

Also, according to the article, Walmart stopped using the technology earlier this year.

Went to Wally world today and while waiting in line I was looking up at the video screen and saw something that alarmed me. The picture of people checking out flashed boxes around each persons face every time they turned toward the camera. Did some investigating and found out that they indeed use facial recognition software.

The unwashed masses don't get privacy. Or justice.

So, if someone steals from you then there are no ramifications; however, if it goes down in a business then it's another story.

i'm not sure it could be considered a privacy issue, since walmart or target etc is a public place. i think a suit was brought against cities that started using cameras at intersections was to catch speeders & red light runners, but failed because of the 'public' atmosphere in which they were placed.

I read an article years ago about how Target has sensors in the aisles that read how long a customer stands in a particular spot looking at an item. What items they buy. How much time they spend there. It's kinda creepy.

you reminded me of this scene in minority report:

Thats' something infowars told you morons years ago oh that's right it's a conspiracy.

but your version makes it true see that's how alex haters make themselves look stupid and dumb just like Trump haters your all the same and just as stupid.

Oh look at all the years the world sheep were warned , but noooo infowars is a conspiracy but nooo CNN said it's not true then years later the same hypocritical assholes who claim it to be FAKE WRITE A GAWD DAM ARTICLE ABOUT THE SAME BS YOU STUPID FKRS say is fake when it's from an unapproved site by you left tard morons....

Oh look . 2014 . ( laughed as usual as you leftist assholes made fun )
upload_2018-12-1_8-25-2.png

Prison Planet.com » DHS Wants Facial Recognition Border Surveillance System

oh look 2017

upload_2018-12-1_8-27-4.png

upload_2018-12-1_8-28-11.png

You Read It Here First: Government Spies On Innocent People Via Webcams, Laptops, Xbox

BUT IT'S ALL SUCH A CONSPIRACY , NEVER FEAR YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE LMFAO........

It will use facial recognition and artificial intelligence to analyze and understand the mountain of incoming video evidence; to track suspects, spot suspicious behaviors and even predict crime; to coordinate the work of emergency services; and to monitor the comings and goings of the country’s 1.4 billion people, official documents and security industry reports show.

How China is building an all-seeing surveillance state
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...or-total-surveillance/?utm_term=.5d0962215446

FOR THE REAL STUPID THIS IS ALL SO THEY CAN CONTROL YOU CONTROL THE PEOPLE YOU CONTROL THE POPULATION....

YOU ARE BEING USED AND CONTROLLED .

PEOPLE STEALING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WALMART WATCHING YOU

THE GAWD DAM STREET LIGHTS WATCH YOU AND LISTEN TO YOU..

WAIT UNTIL YOU JUST ABOUT PERFECTLY MATCH SOMEONE WHO REALLY DID THE CRIME, but your face gets picked ... ain't no getting out of your computer GOD and JUDGE SYSTEM the computer is always right never wrong isn't that right trendy morons.

Oh look at all the years the world sheep were warned , but noooo infowars is a conspiracy but nooo CNN said it's not true then years later the same hypocritical assholes who claim it to be FAKE WRITE A GAWD DAM ARTICLE ABOUT THE SAME BS YOU STUPID FKRS say is fake when it's from an unapproved site by you left tard morons....

Oh look . 2014 . ( laughed as usual as you leftist assholes made fun )
View attachment 232001
Prison Planet.com » DHS Wants Facial Recognition Border Surveillance System

oh look 2017

View attachment 232002

View attachment 232004

You Read It Here First: Government Spies On Innocent People Via Webcams, Laptops, Xbox

BUT IT'S ALL SUCH A CONSPIRACY , NEVER FEAR YOU HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE LMFAO........

It will use facial recognition and artificial intelligence to analyze and understand the mountain of incoming video evidence; to track suspects, spot suspicious behaviors and even predict crime; to coordinate the work of emergency services; and to monitor the comings and goings of the country’s 1.4 billion people, official documents and security industry reports show.

How China is building an all-seeing surveillance state
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...or-total-surveillance/?utm_term=.5d0962215446

FOR THE REAL STUPID THIS IS ALL SO THEY CAN CONTROL YOU CONTROL THE PEOPLE YOU CONTROL THE POPULATION....

YOU ARE BEING USED AND CONTROLLED .

PEOPLE STEALING HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WALMART WATCHING YOU

THE GAWD DAM STREET LIGHTS WATCH YOU AND LISTEN TO YOU..

WAIT UNTIL YOU JUST ABOUT PERFECTLY MATCH SOMEONE WHO REALLY DID THE CRIME, but your face gets picked ... ain't no getting out of your computer GOD and JUDGE SYSTEM the computer is always right never wrong isn't that right trendy morons.

“The upshot is that, for now, companies have more or less free rein to operate as they wish in the U.S. when it comes to using facial recognition tools. The only exceptions are Illinois and Texas, where state laws limit collection of biometric data. California, which is typically active on consumer privacy issues, is considering a bill that would prevent online vendors from collecting students’ biometric information, but does not have more wide-ranging laws.

As for the federal government, Neuburger says the Federal Trade Commission could conceivably try to regulate the industry under its unfair trade practice authority, but that the agency is not able to create news laws on its own. Meanwhile, he says Congress is unlikely to pass sweeping laws about privacy and facial recognition anytime soon.” ibid

And there you have it.

Also, according to the article, Walmart stopped using the technology earlier this year.
They may have said they stopped using it but what I saw on that screen was definitely facial recognition software in action.

Forum List

Back