Wall Street Now Writing Our Fed Spending Bills - Warren Fights Back

Uhhhh.....the main backer of the bill is Jim Hines (D - Conn.), a former Goldman Sachs employee. Doesn't your statement look stupid now...........

Congressional Bills and Votes - NYTimes.com

Yes 219
57 Democrats 162 Republicans 213 needed to pass
No 206
139 Democrats 67 Republicans

Present 0
Didn't vote 10 5 Democrats 5 Repulbicans

Passed by a margin of 6 votes

The Democrats came up short on their attempt to shut down the government. Are you disappointed?

Are you? Seems the last time the Republican's shut down the Government, the cost to our economy was around $24 billion.

That is a myth that liberals still like to spread. It did cost a few bucks to put up barricades around open air military sites, and paying federal employees instead of having them take vacation was a complete waste of a few billion.

You are an idiot. The Govt shutdown cost the travel industry alone $152 million dollars a day.

Was that because the government employees that were off couldn't travel on a boondogle at the taxpayers expense? That probably save us a few billion. Air fare, hotel, meals, rental cars cost a lot. I know about that since I have traveled to 28 foreign countries and 47 of the 57 states on an expense account.

I worked as civilian contractor for many years and consulted with civil service people on some of my jobs. One of them was with the Marine Corps where my company sold them a HUD for their aircraft. We also provided maintenance at our repair center on the computerized system for several years.
This system contained 6 different components and was installed on about 100 aircraft at five different military bases. We had an engineering representative at each base who provided technical training and monitored the removal, repair and return of any failed components. I was at one of these bases for three years.
When it started, there was one GS-11 at NAVAIR in DC that monitored the systems. It took me about 2 hours a week to compile my report on the status of the systems in the repair cycle and file it with my company as well as a copy to NAVAIR.
Within a year NAVAIR had hired 6 GS-11 employees and promoted the first one to GS-12 to supervise them. Each GS-11 was assigned to monitor one component at each of the 5 military bases.They would hold a conference each quarter at each of the 5 bases for a week to discuss the system. I was on the East Coast, about a 2 1/2 hour flight from DC.
Their week consisted of flying to my base on Monday, holding a 4 hour briefing on Tuesday, an in depth slide presentation on Wednesday, a short cirtique on Thursday followed by lots of beer at the Officers club and flying back to DC on Friday.
Two of the components in the system did not fail during my three years on that job and I always envied the GS-11's that had the duty to monitor those components. Their entire presentation was "No change in component status."
It took 7 full time well paid government employees to do what 5 reps at five different bases did in about 2 hours a week.
Don't EVER tell me about government waste. And, that is just ONE example that I have personally seen.

Last edited:
You are an idiot. The Govt shutdown cost the travel industry alone $152 million dollars a day.
The Senate wouldn't pass the House budget if it didn't include obamacare. So you are dishonest by calling it a Republican shutdown. And you can thank the House for reducing the size of spending growth, hopefully there will be much more to come.

The Senate wouldn't pass the House budget if it didn't include obamacare. So you are dishonest by calling it a Republican shutdown. And you can thank the House for reducing the size of spending growth, hopefully there will be much more to come.

politifact%2Fphotos%2FDoonewsbury1.jpg

politifact%2Fphotos%2FDoonesbury2_1.jpg

Forum List

Back