Wall Street Journal caught in front-page lie

Thanks. I don't like to give the impression that I'm a pretentious know-it-all douchebag.

Dude, that doesn't mean you have to defend the irretrievably stupid. :eusa_eh:

I wasn't defending you, no worries.

It's not me I was worried about - although I'm starting to get concerned about you. Hanging with faux conservatives and all that: it's going to erode whatever conservative principles you think you have. Not a pretty picture... :(

Dude, that doesn't mean you have to defend the irretrievably stupid. :eusa_eh:

It's not me I was worried about - although I'm starting to get concerned about you. Hanging with faux conservatives and all that: it's going to erode whatever conservative principles you think you have. Not a pretty picture... :(

Thanks for your concern. I can take care of myself. Perhaps you should place your concern in a more inward direction.

Thanks for your concern. I can take care of myself. Perhaps you should place your concern in a more inward direction.

One should do both. You must be concerned about improving yourself and the world around you to be more than just a waste of oxygen.

One should do both. You must be concerned about improving yourself and the world around you to be more than just a waste of oxygen.

Good advice. Perhaps you should take it.

Care to join me in meditation?

You know, it seems to me that for one to declare themselves a pundit they should know at least a bare minimum of what they are opining upon. You failed utterly with this particular thread. However, your intention to meditate on your navel is probably a great idea...it seems that may be an item you can actually be a pundit upon. Time will tell.

You know, it seems to me that for one to declare themselves a pundit they should know at least a bare minimum of what they are opining upon. You failed utterly with this particular thread. However, your intention to meditate on your navel is probably a great idea...it seems that may be an item you can actually be a pundit upon. Time will tell.
Uh oh. Now he'll label you a "faux conservative", and expect your feelings to be hurt. :lol:

Back to the theme of 'left' and 'right, as a 'rightist' I would see it as my responsibility as to what I choose to do to make the world a better place. A 'leftist' would see it as his responsibility to tell me what I had to do to make the world a better place.

I prefer being a 'rightist'.

Do keep up.

Idiot OP said the WSJ was lying. NPR publishes the same information -- but he refuses to say NPR, or any liberal outlet with the same story, is lying as well.

Got it now?

Did you notice the question mark at the end of NPR's headline?
Did you READ the article?
they did not dispute another major tenet of the story — that AARP recognizes benefit cuts in Social Security may be unavoidable in the future. But it wasn't something the organization wanted to see highlighted on the front page of a major newspaper.
:lol:

Back to the theme of 'left' and 'right, as a 'rightist' I would see it as my responsibility as to what I choose to do to make the world a better place. A 'leftist' would see it as his responsibility to tell me what I had to do to make the world a better place.

Well said, and don't forget the lefty mindset that proclaims their ability to spend your money better then you can...on their projects which never seem to either get accomplished or if they are finished they are almost never within budget, nor within the time alloted.

Good. For some reason it wasn't showing up when I searched for it.

So you make a claim, which is proved to be incorrect, and that's ok.... or is it that you deliberately lied?

Seems to me you have a really big blind spot. You are unable to see shit on the left, but you'll scream like a banshee about the same shit on the right.

And... it's a lie if the guys you believe say it is.

You know what that makes you? Stupid.

The post that keeps on giving.

No WAY does CowardGirl ever broadbrush like the bolded, above. Because she says she doesn't:
Actually, it's the other way around. You're finally grasping a concept that I've held since I joined.... individuals are individuals. Now you need to apply that logic to your rants about Fox News, the TEA Parties, and every other organization you dislike.

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Pardon the interruption of your obsessive fascination over CG, but since when is You considered "broad-brushing"??

Seemed rather direct and pointed to me.

Idiot.

And you're beating a dead horse. I already admitted to having jumped to a conclusion. What else do you want, a white flag?

I guess that means that all businesses are run by leftists. At least I've never heard of any that let their employees decide what to choose to do to make more money.

I guess that means that all businesses are run by leftists. At least I've never heard of any that let their employees decide what to choose to do to make more money.

Sorry, but I don't see the correlation. To me running or working for a business is usually self serving which is different from 'making the world a better place'.

(However, paraphrased from Adam Smith, looking to one's own interests in a free market economy, usually results in the world being a better place.)

Sorry, but I don't see the correlation. To me running or working for a business is usually self serving which is different from 'making the world a better place'.

(However, paraphrased from Adam Smith, looking to one's own interests in a free market economy, usually results in the world being a better place.)

It can't be completely self-serving. Customers don't give you money because they like you; they do it because of what you do for them.

But to the original point, I'd say that 100 people working together under a plan to improve the world (assuming the plan makes sense) is much more effective than 100 individuals doing whatever each chose to be best, and perhaps working at cross-purposes. In other words, the leftists (as you're describing them) have a major advantage here.

It can't be completely self-serving. Customers don't give you money because they like you; they do it because of what you do for them.

But to the original point, I'd say that 100 people working together under a plan to improve the world (assuming the plan makes sense) is much more effective than 100 individuals doing whatever each chose to be best, and perhaps working at cross-purposes. In other words, the leftists (as you're describing them) have a major advantage here.

News Flash: giving money for services or products rendered IS self serving. Hiring people to do a job you need done is self serving. Working for somebody to do a job they need to be done is self serving.

In the words of Adam Smith: "It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest."

And I don't know that 100 (leftist) people working to improve the world are doing one damn thing more noble than are 100 (conservative) people going to work, raising their kids to be responsible productive citizens, putting in their time at the local church or charity or whatever, buying, selling, and just going about their daily lives without intruding on the lives of others.

But what anybody, left or right, voluntarily chooses to do a good thing is certainly within the province of a free people.

Tell me, when a thousand people show up at a Tea Party rally for the purpose of working for a better government/country/world, are you appreciative? Or contemptuous?

Last edited:

You aren't the first one to think that. There is a long list of people who thought they could make the world better, everyone of them is remembered as a tyrant.

Forum List

Back