Media Matters, David Brock, and The War On Fox News.

Discussion in 'Media' started by WillowTree, Jun 24, 2011.

1. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,720
    I had breakfast with Media Matters founder David Brock about 6 months ago to talk about his efforts to strengthen the Democratic party-- efforts that I fully support and believe are necessary.

Brock was compelling in arguing that he would like to see the Democratic Party develop a different, more inclusive message for the 2012 election, recognizing that the Party in large part, had failed in 2010 because they did not present a positive and affirmative case to the electorate-- an argument that I could only agree with.

Brock also made clear that he saw his mission to try to the best of his ability to counteract Republican fundraising efforts, that had frankly exceeded in substance and sophistication, those of the Democrats.

Again, I certainly voiced support for that effort, recognizing that unless there is an even playing field, the Democrats would be adversely impacted, notwithstanding whatever the relative merits of the two party's messages might be.
    Brock also made it clear to me that his focus was on the party, and providing and creating a level playing field for it and its advocates, rather than positioning himself as exclusively or even primarily as a media critic.

And the key is level playing field, because Brock made very clear to me that his focus was on the Democratic party, and as a Fox News contributor, he told me explicitly and clearly, it was not his intention or interest in demonizing Fox News.

Read more: Media Matters, David Brock and the War on Fox News - FoxNews.com

2. chanel

chanel Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,749
    What a liar.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  3. George Costanza

George Costanza A Friendly Liberal

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,187
  4. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,720
  5. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,371
    Why is MSNBC able to be left wing and no one is going after them?
    Could it be because their viewers are so few compared to Fox? :)

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,720

But the truth is, contrary to what the comedian thinks is this. Fox News does offer the conservative viewpoint and at the same time they have a liberal sitting there to offer the opposing viewpoint. Those who watch Fox know that. That's why they are the NUmber one Source for News in AMerica.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2011
  7. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,371
    The left are blaming Fox for their political woes.
    Never mind that it is the Democrats political ideology that is doing them in.
    They want a more even playing field? Really? Like they don't have the majority of news on there side already. Which they do.
    Never mind that it's because of the way they passed the health care bill or the exorbitant spending or the ever expanding government.
    Why was it OK when the Dem's exceeded in substance and sophistication?
    Now that Repubs are exceeding over the Dems it now needs to be a level playing field?
    Just how low and down right dirty can the Dems get.
    One lone Fox news compared to MSNBC, CNN,PBS,Huffington Post,CBS,NBC,ABC and on and on all who march in lock step to left liberal ideology?

8. xsited1

xsited1 Agent P

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,306
    Comedy Central can't be a channel for comedy, right? That's unpossible.

9. Rozman

Rozman Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,688

Chris Wallace is absolutely spot on...Someone and it seems to be FOX that gives the viewer the choice to make up their own mind and they will reveal things that MSNBC in particular will not let the viewers see.

Of course there's "another" side to the story after viewing it on outlets like MSNBC.

I will give you an example..

Ed Schultz has been railing about some comments that Neil Boortz had made recently and I had to admit it was a pretty strong opinion to say the least.Schultz played the audio constantly on both his radio show and TV show.

Finally Neil called Fat head Schultz on the fact that he wasn't playing the whole sound bite.
    So Schultz finally did saying to his audience that he still nailed Boortz on being a racist...

Well when the whole clip was played anyone with half a brain would only be able to admit that one would have to be critical of the way MSNBC handled this.

So yeh I understand exactly where FOX viewers are coming from when they want the other side if the story. :clap2::clap2:

10. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    lol, Stewart is a friggen COMEDIAN and we are suppose to care what he has to say..
    and you people accuse others of listening to RUSH and taking his word as the GOSPEL