Wall Street Journal caught in front-page lie

not quite, when I see the times take obama or the dems to takes on the same level the journal has taken bush wet al, you will make me a beleiver.

Do you read the opeds of either paper faithfully? I do.

And I am not ever sure you would recognize the difference, the journal, times et al all basically said the same thing, but in your eyes, you didn't like the language the journal used to make the same basic point....*shrugs*...to turn that into some lie, takes a big set of blinders...

Rather slippery of you to include that "same level" phrase. The Times has frequently been critical of Obama and congressional Dems.

uh huh...
Yes - in their Opinion section.

As I said above, NY takes offence that I refer to Rinata as a fat ass. But, I've never seen him criticize her for telling me my deceased fiance 'dodged a bullet' for dying instead of marrying me. Personally, I think her comment was far more insulting than mine.... but, of course, he defends her...... just goes to show that shit sticks together.

He's a fucking little shit... and Rinata is a fat bitch.

Let me quote daveman for the perfect response to that:

So, instead of rising above the behavior you condemn, you choose to wallow in it.

Daveman posted that??

:lol:

I guess he's making a stretch run for ironic post of the week, which, ironically, is currently being won by CaliforniaGirl.

they pulled the article?

I found it right here...

AARP Pivots on Social Security Benefit Cut - WSJ.com

Good. For some reason it wasn't showing up when I searched for it.

So you make a claim, which is proved to be incorrect, and that's ok.... or is it that you deliberately lied?

Seems to me you have a really big blind spot. You are unable to see shit on the left, but you'll scream like a banshee about the same shit on the right.

And... it's a lie if the guys you believe say it is.

You know what that makes you? Stupid.

You do that ALL the time.

Rather slippery of you to include that "same level" phrase. The Times has frequently been critical of Obama and congressional Dems.

uh huh...
Yes - in their Opinion section.

On cue..

January 26, 2010, 9:01 am
Obama Liquidates Himself
A spending freeze? That’s the brilliant response of the Obama team to their first serious political setback?

It’s appalling on every level.

It’s bad economics, depressing demand when the economy is still suffering from mass unemployment. Jonathan Zasloff writes that Obama seems to have decided to fire Tim Geithner and replace him with “the rotting corpse of Andrew Mellon” (Mellon was Herbert Hoover’s Treasury Secretary, who according to Hoover told him to “liquidate the workers, liquidate the farmers, purge the rottenness”.)

It’s bad long-run fiscal policy, shifting attention away from the essential need to reform health care and focusing on small change instead.

Obama Liquidates Himself - NYTimes.com

So you make a claim, which is proved to be incorrect, and that's ok.... or is it that you deliberately lied?

Seems to me you have a really big blind spot. You are unable to see shit on the left, but you'll scream like a banshee about the same shit on the right. And... it's a lie if the guys you believe say it is.

Ironic post of the week.
I thought so too, but for a different sentence.

CowardGirl has something for everyone to point and laugh.

they pulled the article?

I found it right here...

AARP Pivots on Social Security Benefit Cut - WSJ.com

Seems to me you have a really big blind spot. You are unable to see shit on the left, but you'll scream like a banshee about the same shit on the right.

And... it's a lie if the guys you believe say it is.

The post that keeps on giving.

No WAY does CowardGirl ever broadbrush like the bolded, above. Because she says she doesn't:

Actually, it's the other way around. You're finally grasping a concept that I've held since I joined.... individuals are individuals. Now you need to apply that logic to your rants about Fox News, the TEA Parties, and every other organization you dislike.

c128.gif
c128.gif
c128.gif

Seems to me you have a really big blind spot. You are unable to see shit on the left, but you'll scream like a banshee about the same shit on the right. And... it's a lie if the guys you believe say it is.

Ironic post of the week.
Which is why I have her on ignore. That and her claim not to be on any "side." How's that for irony? :lol:
She doesn't broadbrush. Except when she's putting on makeup.

And what did you call it when CG was insulting a female poster's appearance for weeks on end?

dude, go to the handbook, see; liberal rule no. 3;

'anyone of alike skin color or gender can make fun of each other, as long as they aren't both liberal'.

As I said above, NY takes offence that I refer to Rinata as a fat ass. But, I've never seen him criticize her for telling me my deceased fiance 'dodged a bullet' for dying instead of marrying me. Personally, I think her comment was far more insulting than mine.... but, of course, he defends her...... just goes to show that shit sticks together.

Where did she say that? Link, please. I would like to rep her.

What I do have a problem with (and the Times has been guilty of it a lot recently) is letting bits of editorialization seep into the news articles.

I would love to see examples of the NYTimes doing this. I ask the wingnuts here all the time to give me examples of NYTimes bias in their news stories, and they have failed miserably, batting .000 (when they even take a swing at it).

Add in..if the NY Times gets something wrong..they immediately issue corrections the very next day.
Even their Opinion columnists do this - Maureen Dowd just did, recently.

No, it would dishing it out, which opens the door for getting some payback.
So, instead of rising above the behavior you condemn, you choose to wallow in it.

Don't ever claim to hold the moral high ground here. You'd be lying.

What NYCretinousTwit is referring to is that I call Rinata 'fat ass'. Interesting that I have never seen him comdemn her for her comment to me that led to me calling her a fat ass. She said that my deceased fiance dodged a bullet by dying instead of marrying me. That's why I call her a fat ass. But, as is usual with NYCretinousTwit, he defends her outrageous comment and bitches at me for mine. He has no moral standards whatsoever.
Wow. What a loathsome, hateful comment. That's just plain evil.

Oh, I have no doubt Carby was leaving out significant parts of the story. But then, he's a hypocrite, so it's to be expected.
Also, he claims that I said I had 'secret sources'. I have never said that. Other people have said that because I access factual information from sources that are 'closed'. In other words, they are not available to the general public..... so, in his head, that makes them 'secret'. They aren't - and I have never claimed that they are - it is yet another example of repeating a lie so often that it becomes 'truth'.

Fucking idiots.
Reality and leftism are incompatible.
And, for the record, any time Rinata engages me on this board, she will get the same response. She's a fat bitch.
:beer:

dude, go to the handbook, see; liberal rule no. 3;

'anyone of alike skin color or gender can make fun of each other, as long as they aren't both liberal'.

Wow, the dead fiance card. You can go years on an anonymous internet forum and never see that one played.
Speaking of loathsome, hateful comments...there's Carby right on time.

What a piece of human-shaped crap you are.

Did you notice the question mark at the end of NPR's headline?
Yeah. Did you read this paragraph?
But while Certner and other AARP officials scrambled to distance themselves from the idea of cuts now, they did not dispute another major tenet of the story — that AARP recognizes benefit cuts in Social Security may be unavoidable in the future. But it wasn't something the organization wanted to see highlighted on the front page of a major newspaper.
They're not sorry they said it; they're sorry they got caught saying it.

So what are you accusing NPR of lying about?
I'm not, you freaking moron.

Idiot OP said the WSJ was lying. Using what he's using instead of logic, NPR is lying as well.

I'm applying the standard he's using. But for some stupid reason, he doesn't think the standard should apply to liberal media.

However, since AARP did indeed say what the WSJ said they said, WSJ is NOT lying. NPR is NOT lying. AARP is sorry their comment was publicized; they're not sorry they said it.

Get it now, you moron?

I'm curious -- why is it, exactly, that you consider yourself to be intelligent? I can see no evidence.

Let me quote daveman for the perfect response to that:

Daveman posted that??

:lol:
Since you're one of the idiots who chooses to wallow, what are you bitching about?

No, it would dishing it out, which opens the door for getting some payback.

Don't ever claim to hold the moral high ground here. You'd be lying.

I didn't 'condemn' the behaviour, I just pointed out that it made the poster fair game. I'm not above occasionally playing the role of enforcer, as they call it in hockey.
Ahhh. Well, at least you're not claiming you're NOT a hateful, loathsome bastard. :clap2:

Forum List

Back