Walker-watch 2012: No opponent chosen yet by Dems

Conservative

Type 40
Jul 1, 2011
Pennsylvania
Well, here we are. The Dems have gotten their signatures, which are in the verification process. It s most likely there are enough valid signatures for a recall election.

However, the Dems have STILL not picked anyone to actually run against Scott Walker.

Several whose names have been floated have dropped out of contention, most recently Democratic state Sen. Tim Cullen, who said he can't raise the money and did not want to be part of the 'political war' this recall drive has become. Cullen bows out of the Wisconsin governor's race | Green Bay Press Gazette | greenbaypressgazette.com

Trouble for the Dems is, as long as they don't have a candidate, Walker can raise money for the election both in and out of Wisconsin. Once an opponent is decided, he's limited to Wisconsin only money, same as his opponent would be.

With a surplus instead of debt, no layoffs, and more jobs overall, it's not looking good for a recall win for the Dems.

You would think that with this long to address the issue that Democrats would have had someone lined up to go as soon as possible. The fact that nobody wants to step forward and run is a pretty good indication that Democratic politicians in Wisconsin see a loss coming in the recall and want no part of it.

If what you say is true, and Wisconsin has a budget surplus, then why is Walker handing out more budget cuts?

Wisconsin budget cuts target higher education

And, personally, I would until after an election to declare victory. But that's just me.

killing off a bunch of 1 credit courses is soooooo horrible huh...
Campus Connection: UW-Madison gym classes latest victim of state budget cuts
the university recently sent layoff letters to 12 part-time academic staff who teach the bulk of the 29 one-credit courses that will be phased out by the end of 2012. These courses range from fencing, bicycling and wind surfing to yoga, bowling, badminton and much more.

gee, no more badminton. what a fucking shame. Let's keep it and cut money from homeless shelters instead, right? :rolleyes:

After a lengthy review process, and in order to meet these undergraduate demands, Farrar-Edwards says it was finally decided to trim the PE activity program and use those funds to better support core academic needs.

"I have to make sure students are getting the credits they need to graduate and I frankly would rather have a health behavior theory class or a lifestyle redesign class than bowling or wind surfing," she says. "We considered, if we stop teaching cycling, perhaps we could add more labs to gateway courses. I understand not everybody agrees with me, but we took this decision very seriously. I think it's a defensible position, although a regrettable one."

budget surplus number specifics...
http://wisconsinbudgetproject.blogspot.com/2011/06/wisconsins-306-million-surplus-is-it.html

Last edited:
If what you say is true, and Wisconsin has a budget surplus, then why is Walker handing out more budget cuts?

Wisconsin budget cuts target higher education

And, personally, I would until after an election to declare victory. But that's just me.

The cuts that you are referencing are ones that Walker made last year. Do you even read the stuff you post?

correct.

Although the cuts take effect this year, they were announced last year...

from his link...
Just before the winter holiday period...

Forum List

Back