Walker caves.

MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has offered to keep certain collective bargaining rights in place for state workers in a proposed compromise aimed at ending a nearly three-week standoff with absent Senate Democrats, according to e-mails released Tuesday by his office.

Wis. governor proposes union compromise - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

Looks like Walker is just another typical politician after all....

Dishonest ameoba like MORON, first you bitch cause Walker was UnCompromising and now you bitch cause he is compromising. you need to eat some worm poop.

I know right, the left is soooo wrong for doing that

http://www.usmessageboard.com/military/158319-obama-firing-up-gitmo-again.html

Oh, wait, thats different :lol:

Depends on how you look at it. From one perspective, he caves. From another, he's playing the polls, by appearing to have offered compromises, thus making the Dems look bad.

He is losing in the polls. Repugs in Wisconsin are facing recall.

Walker the Wanker is caving pure and simple.

So much for the threads about Wanker and the Repugs winning.

YEAH!!!!

Now the whole state gets to lose!!!

YIPPIE!! Higher taxes to pay for more benfits they will never have!!
HooRAY!! More corporations and businesses will leave!! Forcing an even greater tax burden on thost that stay!!
And if the fleers don't get what they demand, democracy be DAMNED!!, they will pack thier bags once more and prove what a bunch of fucking cowards they are.

yea, there's some people to route for.

Compromise. When did that become a dirty word? The problem with politics today is the inability to compromise. It is the only way to get things done, to discuss and work toward something that everybody can support.

When people do not compromise the losing party feels left out or injured and bitter feelings arise and this is what has happened on the national level and is filtering down to the states. We are all in this thing together so why can we not work together and find solutions instead of name calling and "if your not with me your my enemy" mentality.

Well said. It has been said that politics is the art of compromise. Lately in America politics has become the act of posturing. Too bad so many on this thread fail to grasp this.

Agreed. The Repubs have been going right faster than the Dem's ahve been going left. All you have to do is look at the last election. Their mantra was "moderate like Castle in Delaware?, get rid of him" All thanks to the tea partiers LOL. Governing IS about compromise contrary to what the the extreme righties on the board think.

Wis. governor proposes union compromise - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

Looks like Walker is just another typical politician after all....

Dishonest ameoba like MORON, first you bitch cause Walker was UnCompromising and now you bitch cause he is compromising. you need to eat some worm poop.

That's where I almost feel sorry for big mouth. he just crashed into reality. poor thing.

vewy intelligent decision. how's that working out for ya? huh? :eusa_eh:

Pretty well, actually. I've got the more obvious moron in the White House, driving himself closer and closer to a one term Presidency every day. We have the beginnings of Revolution formenting in the streets and the ale houses of this nation on a daily basis. We have people finally opening their eyes to the fact that NEITHER political party is worth anything.

Sometimes you have to throw the cannon fodder out in front of the big guns and sacrifice something to further your cause. The years 2008-2012 have been sacrificed in order to hopefully further that cause. We may have to sacrifice 2012-2016 as well, but hopefully by 2016 we'll be ready for the REAL CHANGE you can believe in.... The one that returns this country to its roots of proper governance and society. We've started slowly down that road already.

Depends on how you look at it. From one perspective, he caves. From another, he's playing the polls, by appearing to have offered compromises, thus making the Dems look bad.

YEAH!!!!

HooRAY!! More corporations and businesses will leave!! Forcing an even greater tax burden on thost that stay!!
And if the fleers don't get what they demand, democracy be DAMNED!!, they will pack thier bags once more and prove what a bunch of fucking cowards they are.

Liberals are so screwed up, but we already knew they didn't give a damn about the budget, they are the "gimmmie gimmie crowd" after all. They want what they want when they want it and they don't give two hairy rats asses that your grandchild will be born with a mountain of their debt to pay off. I can't wait til 2012.

That's where I almost feel sorry for big mouth. he just crashed into reality. poor thing.

Dishonest ameoba like MORON, first you bitch cause Obama was UnCompromising and now you bitch cause he is compromising. you need to eat some worm poop.

Well someone FORGOT to teach the 14 Democrat FLEEBAGGERS how to Compromise.

But Now as we see, the LEFT will hold them up as CHAMPIONS for abandoning their JOBS and their constituents WHO WEREN'T IN A UNION.

pathetic if you ask me. No wonder so many people have no morals or ethics anymore.

Stephanie,, I think it's clear the Fleebaggers don't have any constituents that aren't in the thugs club.. they'll find that out some day..

Dishonest ameoba like MORON, first you bitch cause Obama was UnCompromising and now you bitch cause he is compromising. you need to eat some worm poop.

:lol::lol::lol: gotcha!

YEAH!!!!

In stead of cheering that, I instead would find cheering your ability to see the future more apropos

Agreed. The Repubs have been going right faster than the Dem's ahve been going left. All you have to do is look at the last election. Their mantra was "moderate like Castle in Delaware?, get rid of him" All thanks to the tea partiers LOL. Governing IS about compromise contrary to what the the extreme righties on the board think.

Horse*bleep*.

Believe it or not there ARE those of us who stand by something called PRINCIPLES in our lives. These concepts are not changeable or ignoreable for us. They are simply a matter of RIGHT vs. WRONG. There is no middle ground.

For us what you're suggesting is tantamount to asking someone who is deathly allergic to even the smallest amount of shellfish to "just have one" shrimp instead of eating the entire appetizer plate full of them.

How is not closing Gitmo the same as the flee party hating democracy?

The Dems have rejected Walker's compromise.

Wisconsin Dems Reject Compromise Amid Union Pressure - FoxNews.com

Here is the real test now. If Walker gives in to them and puts even more back on the table then he's blown it.

Telling.

Walker says he will have to lay off 1500 people if the fleers don't return
The fleers call his bluff
Walker caves and invites them to the table
Fleers say screw you and thost 1500 people
1500 people will vote GOP next time, cuz Walker will have to now.

Doesnt sound like hes giving up much of anything to me

I agree. Sounds like he's throwing them a tiny bone. Lets see what they do with it.

The gutless Dems in WI should all be recalled. These guys were elected to conduct the business of WI. All of WI. Not just the Union members.

As for recalling Walker. Lets pose a question to the citizens of WI.

Hey. Do you want your taxes raised to support collective bargaining for the Public Sector workers??

Bet that one ain't on any poll.

Here is the real test now. If Walker gives in to them and puts even more back on the table then he's blown it.

Wisconsin Senate Democrats in hiding in Illinois broke off negotiations on changes to controversial state worker legislation when Republican leaders refused face-to-face negotiations out of state.

Awwwww,, the FleeBagger Pimps are having a temper tantrum cause Wisonsin Republicans choose to stay in Wisconsin. Fancy that shit. You can't make up the shit these morons pull.

So typical. They are shooting themselves in the foot because the UNions want more? Talk about dumbasses.

I think they think they got a foot in the door so they want to see if they can get the whole enchilada. Its payback to the Unions after all..

Your right. This is the real test. I hope Walker tells em all to go to hell and holds his ground.

Last edited:
The WI 14 should not agree to anything unless Walker and the Senate GOP send 5 GOP Senators to Illinois to assure there wont be any funny stuff when they come back.

And Vise-Versa....considering who is pulling the funny stuff after all ;)

The thing is by his own words they can't trust Walker. However, he can allow a Dem majority in the state to pass a compromised bill without fear because if they do anything funny he has the power of the veto.

The 14 cannot say the same.

If I were them I would do nothing until some GOP Senators are far from that State.

The Dems have looked bad all along. Walker had my support because he had stuck to his guns. Now, it APPEARS he is reacting to polls, like a typical politician.

It's the Democrats who have stuck to their guns, and because they did, they bought enough time for everyone to see where the People are on these issues,

overwhelmingly in support of collective bargaining rights.

And are "the people" ready for a tax increase to help pay for said bargaining rights for state employees?

This isn't about the budget. The unions offered their share of the budgetary concessions. That was the end of that part of the issue.

Forum List

Back