Walker caves.

VaYank5150

Gold Member
Aug 3, 2009
Virginia
MADISON, Wis. — Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker has offered to keep certain collective bargaining rights in place for state workers in a proposed compromise aimed at ending a nearly three-week standoff with absent Senate Democrats, according to e-mails released Tuesday by his office.

Wis. governor proposes union compromise - Politics - More politics - msnbc.com

Looks like Walker is just another typical politician after all....

We shall see.

There are no rules of procedure any more in WI. I'm not yet convinced he isn't setting a trap.

Depends on how you look at it. From one perspective, he caves. From another, he's playing the polls, by appearing to have offered compromises, thus making the Dems look bad.

The WI 14 should not agree to anything unless Walker and the Senate GOP send 5 GOP Senators to Illinois to assure there wont be any funny stuff when they come back.

We shall see.

There are no rules of procedure any more in WI. I'm not yet convinced he isn't setting a trap.

"We're rock solid, we're fine," -Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald

Depends on how you look at it. From one perspective, he caves. From another, he's playing the polls, by appearing to have offered compromises, thus making the Dems look bad.

The Dems have looked bad all along. Walker had my support because he had stuck to his guns. Now, it APPEARS he is reacting to polls, like a typical politician.

The WI 14 should not agree to anything unless Walker and the Senate GOP send 5 GOP Senators to Illinois to assure there wont be any funny stuff when they come back.

Exactly. The governor has proven beyond all reasonable doubt that he cannot be trusted.

He has? How is that exactly? Walker has openly stated what he wants from day one. It was the cowardly Dems who took flight and went into hiding...

The Dems have looked bad all along. Walker had my support because he had stuck to his guns. Now, it APPEARS he is reacting to polls, like a typical politician.

He may be. He may not be. I don't have enough hard fact to know either way. I'm highly entertained by the claims of 'beyond reasonable doubt' though. That's some hysterical unthinking claptrap right there.

Exactly. The governor has proven beyond all reasonable doubt that he cannot be trusted.

He has? How is that exactly? Walker has openly stated what he wants from day one. It was the cowardly Dems who took flight and went into hiding...

For saying he thought about planting troublemakers in the crowd for starters. For publicly saying he wouldn't negogiate while privately doing so for seconds.

Assuming that he is actually interested in compromising on this issue; there goes ANY chance he had at nomination for a National Office. His own party would eat him alive.

It's the Democrats who have stuck to their guns, and because they did, they bought enough time for everyone to see where the People are on these issues,

overwhelmingly in support of collective bargaining rights.

For saying he thought about planting troublemakers in the crowd for starters. For publicly saying he wouldn't negogiate while privately doing so for seconds.

And this makes him worse than the cowardly Democrats who fled the state in an attempt to get out of doing their jobs, and will probably charge the state for their lodging, meal and travel expenses if they ever get the courage to come home? Bullshit.

Last edited:

It's the Democrats who have stuck to their guns, and because they did, they bought enough time for everyone to see where the People are on these issues,

overwhelmingly in support of collective bargaining rights.

And are "the people" ready for a tax increase to help pay for said bargaining rights for state employees?

So lets see, he doesnt compromise and he's "standing on principal" but when he caves hes "showing up the dems"....

Man, there is just no wrong in the Republican party

Forum List

Back