Wake's Place

the new gel that is an icy type ointment is pretty good, but it is only available at Doc's and chiropractors

1) USMB's calendar's updated up to 2010. Do you think it's time for it to be updated? Does anyone have a birthday coming up? :D
Mine is the 21

2) Honestly, what would you say is your best feature?
My kind nature LMFAO

um okay........

4) What is one of your weird quirks?
I always look pissed even when I am calm.

5) This is one of the recipes I used from Food in Jars for making Gingery Pickled Beets:

L8TaGqgd13c213132363836373w8xWfgVZ_1292420233.jpg

6) Haven't watched season 4 of The Walking Dead yet, but it looks like the Governor died. The 3rd season was my favorite so far. Are you a fan of the series?
I haven't watched all of season two yet.

RA sucks...got it in my knees and shoulder.
Cortisone shots helped in the knees, but not 100%.
When I walk up the stairs I sound like click and clack...bone on bone.
They want to wait a few years before replacing them (I am only 49)

Too young!

I hope they don't wait too long, you shouldn't have to be in pain because of your age.

who does your cleaning?:D

Myself. I used to leave messes behind all the time, but my happy ass learned real quick to clean up as you go once I started caregiving. ...and cleaning up after my clients, too, which oftentimes included basins of hot water and soap. Some bodily smells you just can't get out of your grapefruit.

That's so funny....probably not to you. My friend has a big ranch, and they have a pond with swans....those things are so pretty but can be so mean. She was out there feeding them one day, and darn if one of them didn't go into attack mode. He was beating on her with his wings.....the elbow part of it's wings. He had them folded and actually bruised her up pretty bad, knocked her to the ground. Fortunately her husband, who thought it was funny at first, came to her rescue and shooed it away.....

I've heard that ducks are like guard dogs.....

They're pretty, but... I want to eat them. In spite of what some regulations demand I could see myself shooting down five or more of them with a hunting crossbow. Where I live they're a menace, taking over the riverside streets and leaving green poop everywhere. Usually they back the hell off when you honk at them, but one time the head goose outstretched its wings in a show of defiance against an SUV. First thought that comes to mind is "Run it over. Free meal." But that's not proper, though... :D

Ducks are cute, and they make a very lovely confit, too. :badgrin:

They're not all bad. You know I work with big birds of prey - hawks and owls - but they're a piece of cake compared to some smaller critters.

But, one day, driving down the road, I spy a big goose just walking down the center line. Another person stopped but was afraid of getting bitten. Between the two of us, we got him cornered and I caught him. He didn't struggle, just sat there in my arms.

I called the wildlife facility where I was working and asked for someone to meet me with a german shepherd size pet carrier. Problem was, they brought me a regular little cat carrier. No choice but to put the goose in the back section of the facility van.

We got back to the facility, I opened the back of the van but no goose. He had gone over the seats and just as I spotted him in the front seat, he plopped one huge foot on the horn.

He turned out to have fishing line wrapped around one foot, lost half the foot but did well in captivity in the big pond we maintained. If he had been released, he would not have been able to swim - except in circles.

But, yeah, I wouldn't want to tangle with a big wild Canada goose. I'll take my little hawks and owls. They're easier.

Oh gosh, that must have been something. It's commendable of you to care for animals in need. The world needs more people like you who care for our animals. Not sure I could be trusted around a plump goose with a handicap. :death::D

Well, from this point on, if anyone has any questions pertaining to my own medical situations and what has been tried and what helps and what doesn't....pm me.

Seems I talk too much about it because I need attention and my rent paid?

So...no more from me on the public board.
Just a heads up.

Will do. I'm hoping USMB Lounge rules could be changed so that information shared in this community, in good faith, can't be used maliciously elsewhere. :itsok:

Last edited:
Good morning Wake and everybody.....

don't waste your time cleaning....just summon these beauties....:lol:

fairy_cleaning.jpg

who does your cleaning?:D

Myself. I used to leave messes behind all the time, but my happy ass learned real quick to clean up as you go once I started caregiving. ...and cleaning up after my clients, too, which oftentimes included basins of hot water and soap. Some bodily smells you just can't get out of your grapefruit.

That's so funny....probably not to you. My friend has a big ranch, and they have a pond with swans....those things are so pretty but can be so mean. She was out there feeding them one day, and darn if one of them didn't go into attack mode. He was beating on her with his wings.....the elbow part of it's wings. He had them folded and actually bruised her up pretty bad, knocked her to the ground. Fortunately her husband, who thought it was funny at first, came to her rescue and shooed it away.....

I've heard that ducks are like guard dogs.....

They're pretty, but... I want to eat them. In spite of what some regulations demand I could see myself shooting down five or more of them with a hunting crossbow. Where I live they're a menace, taking over the riverside streets and leaving green poop everywhere. Usually they back the hell off when you honk at them, but one time the head goose outstretched its wings in a show of defiance against an SUV. First thought that comes to mind is "Run it over. Free meal." But that's not proper, though... :D

Ducks are cute, and they make a very lovely confit, too. :badgrin:

They're not all bad. You know I work with big birds of prey - hawks and owls - but they're a piece of cake compared to some smaller critters.

But, one day, driving down the road, I spy a big goose just walking down the center line. Another person stopped but was afraid of getting bitten. Between the two of us, we got him cornered and I caught him. He didn't struggle, just sat there in my arms.

I called the wildlife facility where I was working and asked for someone to meet me with a german shepherd size pet carrier. Problem was, they brought me a regular little cat carrier. No choice but to put the goose in the back section of the facility van.

We got back to the facility, I opened the back of the van but no goose. He had gone over the seats and just as I spotted him in the front seat, he plopped one huge foot on the horn.

He turned out to have fishing line wrapped around one foot, lost half the foot but did well in captivity in the big pond we maintained. If he had been released, he would not have been able to swim - except in circles.

But, yeah, I wouldn't want to tangle with a big wild Canada goose. I'll take my little hawks and owls. They're easier.

Oh gosh, that must have been something. It's commendable of you to care for animals in need. The world needs more people like you who care for our animals. Not sure I could be trusted around a plump goose with a handicap. :death::D

Well, from this point on, if anyone has any questions pertaining to my own medical situations and what has been tried and what helps and what doesn't....pm me.

Seems I talk too much about it because I need attention and my rent paid?

So...no more from me on the public board.
Just a heads up.

Will do. I'm hoping USMB Lounge rules could be changed so that information shared in this community, in good faith, can't be used maliciously elsewhere. :itsok:

Elsewhere where?

If you are concerned about your liver, buy some milk thistle whereever you get vitamins.

It is a painless liver cleanse . Works on all the toxins from the poisons in my medicines.

Your liver enzymes will thank you.

Regards from Rosie

I will use activated charcoal it helps clean the liver from toxins. It really works well however you need to drink lots of water with it.

1) USMB's calendar's updated up to 2010. Do you think it's time for it to be updated? Does anyone have a birthday coming up? :D

3) True Facts About The Mantis Shrimp - YouTube

5) This is one of the recipes I used from Food in Jars for making Gingery Pickled Beets:

6) Haven't watched season 4 of The Walking Dead yet, but it looks like the Governor died. The 3rd season was my favorite so far. Are you a fan of the series?

1. I have my birthday 08/05 and my rebirthday is 05/08
I think the universe did that on purpose so I could remember the date

2. my best feature is that I empathize with people, which can also be my worst weakness

3. are these answers or questions to a survey? am I doing this backwards?

4. my weird quirk is that I can tap into impulses separated by physical space or distance in time, but can't edit or control this feature well. so verbally it comes out like blah blah blah from 3 or 4 dimensions or directions at once, like a radio picking up mixed signals and not focusing

5. I wish I could find and post really good recipes for peanut butter fudge, Turkish/Greek Dolmas, or good old fashioned chicken and dumplings, Gnocchi soup, or beef vegetable stew. Anyone have a favorite proven recipe to post so I can steal your best secrets?
Crock Pot slow cooker required. I can't cook on the stove without causing fire risks.

6. Yes I watch the Walking Dead and Talking Dead Live. I'm a real fan of the writers on that show. One of the only things my bf and I agree on where we do not argue!

We don't even agree on Obamacare because he thinks it needs to be repealed, and I argue to separate it by party, and shift ACA to the Democrats and Greens to set up Singlepayer for their members the right way.

The only time I don't burn him out talking blah blah blah about political beliefs and separation from government is when we watch this show and also Justified. That's it.

Beats going to a marriage counselor. We can just watch TV and quit fighting over how to fix political problems without making them worse.

Last edited:
Good afternoon everyone. It's a pleasure to be here.

I love people, and talking with them about anything. You know, life would suck if we didn't have people to go through it with us. In the grand scheme of things, our time on this planet is so unbelievably brief. The resounding wisdom from the old folk I care for is that it's better to live life to the fullest, and have no regrets. That said, I think it's time I follow their advice and put down some roots. I think I'm gonna like it here. Nothing fancy—just my own place. :D:smiliehug:

Please feel free to stop on by and talk with this simple man.

Bunker%20Cerco%20Gris%20Setting.jpg

Hi Wake can I come over and fill your shelves with all my junk?
My bf does not want my art projects in his house and closets.

This can be your contribution to world peace and preventing
domestic violence before someone gets seriously clobbered!

Last edited:
I tried this really good recipe and it's super easy and delicious:

1 (4 -5 lb) beef roast, any kind
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix, dry
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry
1/2 cup water

Place beef roast in crock pot.

Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.

Pour the water around the roast.

Cook on low for 7-9 hours.

Good morning Wake and everybody.....

don't waste your time cleaning....just summon these beauties....:lol:

fairy_cleaning.jpg

Good morning Mertex! Er, good evening I mean. Been working like crazy. Two clients died, another I didn't even meet is now in the ER, and now I'm caring for a veteran with ALS. One of my late clients had ALS, and I can't stand that horrible disease. (Please pardon the rambling. :D)

OH? Summon one of those, huh? You calling us caregivers fairies?

man-fairy.jpg

1) I always look pissed even when I am calm.

2) I haven't watched all of season two yet.

1) Picks or it didn't happen. :D

2) Won't spoil it for you, then.

Are you into zombie movies? I watched every single Resident Evil movie, and RE: Damnation was the best imho.

Elsewhere where?

Elsewhere on USMB. The matter's been resolved.

If you are concerned about your liver, buy some milk thistle whereever you get vitamins.

It is a painless liver cleanse . Works on all the toxins from the poisons in my medicines.

Your liver enzymes will thank you.

Regards from Rosie

I will use activated charcoal it helps clean the liver from toxins. It really works well however you need to drink lots of water with it.

See, I've heard of that but I can't seem to find any charcoal pills. That sounds like a good idea, too. [MENTION=39688]RosieS[/MENTION], I searched at WalMart and Pick-N-Save for milk thistle tea but couldn't find it. I do have some milk thistltes that grow in our community garden... Do you think that'd be safe to use, maybe?

3) True Facts About The Mantis Shrimp - YouTube

1. I have my birthday 08/05 and my rebirthday is 05/08
I think the universe did that on purpose so I could remember the date

2. my best feature is that I empathize with people, which can also be my worst weakness

3. are these answers or questions to a survey? am I doing this backwards?

4. my weird quirk is that I can tap into impulses separated by physical space or distance in time, but can't edit or control this feature well. so verbally it comes out like blah blah blah from 3 or 4 dimensions or directions at once, like a radio picking up mixed signals and not focusing

5. I wish I could find and post really good recipes for peanut butter fudge, Turkish/Greek Dolmas, or good old fashioned chicken and dumplings, Gnocchi soup, or beef vegetable stew. Anyone have a favorite proven recipe to post so I can steal your best secrets?
Crock Pot slow cooker required. I can't cook on the stove without causing fire risks.

6. Yes I watch the Walking Dead and Talking Dead Live. I'm a real fan of the writers on that show. One of the only things my bf and I agree on where we do not argue!

We don't even agree on Obamacare because he thinks it needs to be repealed, and I argue to separate it by party, and shift ACA to the Democrats and Greens to set up Singlepayer for their members the right way.

The only time I don't burn him out talking blah blah blah about political beliefs and separation from government is when we watch this show and also Justified. That's it.

Beats going to a marriage counselor. We can just watch TV and quit fighting over how to fix political problems without making them worse.

A rebirthday? What's that? It's good to be able to empathize with others well. That makes caregiving kinda tough, too... The mantis shrimp thing was just something fun I wanted to share. Like the sort of thing you find so funny and amusing you want to share with everyone. Fell off my chair laughing when Freeman mentioned how the one shrimp gave the mantis shrimp its arm. And it's amazing how the smasher-kind of mantis shrimp can punch the living crap out of anything. Just fascinating. The what about the impulses? Huh, how's that possible?

Mom makes peanut butter fudge and I've grown fat and happy on it. Never tried Dolmas or good chicken dumpling from scratch. Gnocchi? Nope, haven't tried that either, but would like to. Isn't that involving potatoes? LOVE any kind of stew, as long as you simmer it for 8+ hours in the slowcooker. I'm poor and not that bright, so slowcooking is right up my alley. Walking Dead is amazing. Loved the third season most. I'd like to see them expand the world there a bit more. Never saw Justified, either. My top two are Supernatural and TWD. Criminal Minds, Dexter, and Law and Order are pretty good, too. Leverage is a must as well.

Good afternoon everyone. It's a pleasure to be here.

I love people, and talking with them about anything. You know, life would suck if we didn't have people to go through it with us. In the grand scheme of things, our time on this planet is so unbelievably brief. The resounding wisdom from the old folk I care for is that it's better to live life to the fullest, and have no regrets. That said, I think it's time I follow their advice and put down some roots. I think I'm gonna like it here. Nothing fancy—just my own place. :D:smiliehug:

Please feel free to stop on by and talk with this simple man.

Bunker%20Cerco%20Gris%20Setting.jpg

Hi Wake can I come over and fill your shelves with all my junk?
My bf does not want my art projects in his house and closets.

This can be your contribution to world peace and preventing
domestic violence before someone gets seriously clobbered!

I dunno about the shelves, but I've got a storage unit out back. I'd like to have a nice garage sa—er, bike ride, today. :D

I tried this really good recipe and it's super easy and delicious:

1 (4 -5 lb) beef roast, any kind
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package brown gravy mix, dry
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
1 (1 1/4 ounce) package ranch dressing mix, dry
1/2 cup water

Place beef roast in crock pot.

Mix the dried mixes together in a bowl and sprinkle over the roast.

Pour the water around the roast.

Cook on low for 7-9 hours.

Hm. Mm... Hm.

If I were to go to WalMart or Pick-N-Save, what would I ask the meat guy at the meat section for? (I'm a young guy who has no idea what to do, here. It took months to realize you don't put eggs in the freezer.) Can get those mixes today, too. I've got a large crock pot, too. Hm... You know, that sounds pretty good. Trying to imagine how the flavors are gonna mesh. Huh. Ranch, Italian, and brown gravy... Hm, creative... I'll try that sometime this month. *Marks on calendar*

Wake-pot roast is one of the easiest things you can make. I used a chuck roast and I'm sure they'll know what you are talking about if you tell them that.

This recipe is delicious. And if you want, you can cut potatoes in half and put them on top of the meat or baby carrots on top also.

Couldn't be easier.

I make this for christmas dinner :
1. 4-5 rib roast 7-10 lbs
2.1 lb or more potatoes
3. 10 celery stalks
4.1 lb brown or shiitake mushrooms
5. 1 lb baby carrots
6.2 large red onions
6.2 bags of pot roast mix (knorr or Mccormick )

you will need
1. LARGE TO VERY LARGE ROASTING PAN WITH LID
HOW TO PREPARE
wash all vegetable
chop vegetables coarsely
cut potatoes in quarters 1/4
peeling the potatoes is optional
make sure to wash the skin thoroughly warm water and a food brush should do it .
pour 4 cups of water into pan stir in roast mix (you should not need more water the dripping and the water from the veggies will make up the difference but if you do don't
add more than 1/2 cup ) mix veggies in one large bowl cover and place in refrigerator
place thawed roast ribs down in the pan.
the pan should cover two burners on the stove (tip: use the burners leading away from you
front and back on one side not across.
set burners to very low,
cover
cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours then turn over
add vegetables and cook for another hour or until potatoes are soft.
enjoy.

Substitute a cup, or more to taste, of coffee for the liquid in a pot roast....Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Forum List

Back