Wake's Place

Good morning Wake and everybody.....

don't waste your time cleaning....just summon these beauties....:lol:

fairy_cleaning.jpg

Cool! Can they come to my house next? :badgrin:

I'm sure they will....just summon them....:D

Just stopping in to say hi before diving back into work. Sorry to hear about your clients.

she loves me and my wife...

Then you have a very biased cat.....:D
aren't they all?:D

Come to think of it, they are. Every single cat in our home, I brought in. But, the hubs is the one that feeds and cleans their litter boxes....so guess who they like more? Yeah, they jump on his lap while watching TV....me, they run away from me...mostly because I spray them if they get on the furniture or try to dig into my plants. Someone has to be the disciplinary one...so I guess it's me and that's the price I pay.....:eusa_boohoo:

Just stopping in to say hi before diving back into work. Sorry to hear about your clients.

Hi Shaitra...hope you have a nice day.

I'm done working, for the day....just going to chill for a few hours, then I have to leave again...:)

Just came back from a new client about an hour ago. Nice man in his sixties. A veteran with the dreaded ALS disease. Has a house that's practically a mansion, which makes me wonder how it was afforded. Usually clients that are millionaires make me feel nervous, because usually they're arrogant or snobbish. It's rare to meet a wealthy person who's salt-of-the-earth humble.

Earlier I had to shower an elderly man in another county, and he's a character. Later I'll be going to a third client, a woman, for basic cares/cooking/housecleaning. It takes a lot to be able to adapt to very different and challenging atmospheres set forth by each client. Some are picky and fussy as hell, and other are on the other spectrum, and don't care about anything, including themselves. Better to take notes about what the wealthy do, and what not to do when in some truly filthy/poor homes.

Is genetics really to blame, or at least in part?

Well Wake, I admire your ability to help people like that. Long ago I worked in a Veterinary clinic doing similar work helping the animals. They don't talk like people but they have a wide range of personalities still. It was very rewarding work.

Good on you for doing what you do to help people.

I dunno about milk thistle tea, Wake. The milk thistle I take is tablet form. Any vitamin seller has it

Perhaps you can make tea from milk thistle - I would consult an herbologist about the best strength.

Best of luck!

Regards from Rosie

This has caught my fancy so I am going to make it Friday night in the crock pot. :)

It's getting close to my bedtime....guess I'll see ya all tomorrow, same time, same station!

GoodnightMouse.gif

Oy, a lot of stuff has been going on lately. Yesterday morning from 8am to 4pm I cared for a wealthy man in the beginning stages of ALS. Which is odd for me, because my experience has always been severe to end stage ALS. Initially he didn't talk much, but he opened up a little, and shared how depressed he felt about having worked so hard for 40 years only to come down with the disease and have his future abruptly cancelled. I feel for the man because that kind of crap sucks horribly. Figured I'd try to brighten his mood a bit, so I showed him some YouTube videos on his Ipad, including the mantis shrimp one, and I got him to laugh, which is wonderful. When your disease makes you feel like you're living in a prison, even a little good-natured humor and curiosity can help.

Got a slight break between 4pm and 4:30pm.

Went to a trailer park and got lost looking for the right one. Found it. This client has dementia and can be very aggressive, which is right up my alley so far as my clinical training went. When caring for people with Alzheimer's/dementia, you have to totally change your own behavior. You have to step into their world, and live in their memories. He went to bed early because of a bad cold, so I stayed up from 6:30pm to 10pm watching FOX News (guilty, lol). I don't get cable, so... :D But that's OK. Busted my hump cleaning up his kitchen beforehand. Because he's suicidal you have to keep tabs on his behavior.

Then, home. Sleep, glorious sleep! All 5 hours of it.

Up early, timely race to employer's city to pick up company car, and then go over to other client's town. Thought she had a Dr.'s appointment, so brought company car instead of mine, because her weight would literally break my car. No, really. Walked in and said hello, asked how she was doing, if she felt anything out of the usual, and then asked if she was ready for her appointment. Well, no, there was no appointment (or was there?). Instead she stretched my shift to four hours that morning instead of the usual three in order to have time to make a dinner party, in the morning. She invited a handful of people, but only I showed up. It must be depressing for her, but I thanked her for the lovely meal, talked about life and memories in general, and helped clean the kitchen up. I think it's a mistake in life to grow old without children, because you're more likely to be depressed and alone with no one there to really be able to help, besides compassionate strangers.

Left. Returned car. Chilling at a free Wi-Fi establishment and going over the planner. I think I need more exercise, because my physical endurance is low. Gym's not financially wise right now, so maybe walking 10,000 steps or so would be a better goal. There's not much point in accruing money et al if you're going to die when you're 60.

Ach, I never cared much for cucumbers in my salad. Mom always did that. :doubt: Something about the smell of thick chunks of cucumber in a salad with tomatoes, the smell of it, is a turnoff. Relatively thin slices of hardboiled eggs, some golden raspberries, and argula sound better, with a light dressing. Something crunchy, too, like sundried tomato chips?

Wow, it's been awhile. I've been working non-stop hours, and just now found time to check emails. I'm scared one of these days I'm going to wake up and 30 years have passed on by. My brain keeps telling me it's March 1st, too. Guess it hasn't caught up yet. :eek::D

Hello....hadn't been here in a few days. My CP hadn't been showing this thread....I guess I'm subscribed to too many threads....

Hope everyone is doing okay......I went back to the dentist this morning....the ones that did the implant surgery last week...everything checked out okay, so I'm happy for that...told me to come back in 3 months...YEAH!

happy_people.jpg

Sorry, I've been so busy writing I barely noticed. The way home has been rearranged I have difficulty finding my favorite threads now as well.

Wake, how did you make out with the problem you had the other day. Did you speak to your supervisor and how did it go?

Forum List

Back