WA School Mistaken: Satan Group Is A Hate Group & Can't Use Campus Therefore

Aren't true 'Satanist' or Satan Worship an actual religion and/or the religious worship of a deity? THAT would fall under the right of access for religious purposes....but this group isn't that by their own admission and so they shouldn't be allowed on campus period. They aren't apart of a religious sect so they can't demand access under religious grounds or freedoms.

I grew up in a hardcore Christian home and community. I can tell you from long sad experience that most Christians do not make the distinction between sin and sinner. All I am is an atheist and 3/4 of my family has not spoken to me for over 20 years. The rest are hateful as hell all because I decided I no longer wanted to attend church three time s a week. Don't try to tell how Christians are, I know how they are when they drop all pretense of public piety.

Your unfortunate and wayward example does not a religion make. I feel sorry for you. I grew up similarly but learned not to hate an entire group just because of the sins of two or three of them against me personally.
Well that's awesome, try calling some of your fellow Christians out for hypocrisy and see how fast they turn on you. My case is far from unique, the gay people I have met that can never go home again is far too common. What kind of indoctrination could make anyone turn their backs on their own child?

and what does that have to do with anything???
As was pointed out, access is required for any group regardless of religion. Weather or not they are religious is rather irrelevant - they have the same right of access as the chess club.

I heard that the Chess club secretly teaches the hatred of Chinese checkers and is therefore a bigoted as well as a racist club.

Just as stupid as a christian club.....
No, Christian clubs don't teach hate of individuals. They teach hatred of sin (an action/verb) but not the sinners (people/noun).

If you want to go back no further than last week I suppose, some of us are well aware of how religion has been leveraged throughout history to wipe out entire groups of human beings.

When and how long ago was that?

You want to make up some statute of limitations now?

No, Christian clubs don't teach hate of individuals. They teach hatred of sin (an action/verb) but not the sinners (people/noun).

If you want to go back no further than last week I suppose, some of us are well aware of how religion has been leveraged throughout history to wipe out entire groups of human beings.

Why not? Of course if you just grabbed that out ass, you wouldn't be able to tell me would you. What entire group of human beings are we missing?

Why not? Of course if you just grabbed that out ass, you wouldn't be able to tell me would you. What entire group of human beings are we missing?

Revisit the "Age of 'Discovery'", it's all in there.

Why should I. Did you already forget what entire group of human beings you said are missing?

Why should I. Did you already forget what entire group of human beings you said are missing?

Exactly, you shouldn't learn about that, you'd have to alter your perceptual reality.

Exactly, you shouldn't learn about that, you'd have to alter your perceptual reality.

I am trying to learn about an entire group of human beings that are missing, and you won't tell me who they are and when they were exterminated by Christians. Since I consider you a liar, why don't you alter my perception of that reality and tell me I am wrong.

Last edited:
This loony thread still going on?

With Silhouette inventing her own laws?

LOL- she is delusional.

1. The Satanic Temple of Seattle never said their purpose is to teach intolerance of others.

No..lol... They just explained to the world that "Satanist" means (is equal to) "demonizing all other faiths as tyrannical and oppressive". Your technicalities manipulating words and their meaning are not going to save you here. They announced what the essence of their name means "to specifically be intolerant of other faiths". It will foster bullying of kids of religion and faith on school grounds... So it's not allowed. You can argue on their behalf until the cows come home, but you cannot erase the mistake the group made in announcing "what our name means.."..

It was a legal error. One that cost them the use of school grounds.

You can repeat your lie as often as you like, it doesn't make it true. What the spokesperson for the Satanic Temple of Seattle actually said was, "We don’t worship a deity,” he said. “We only see Satan as a metaphor for fighting religious tyranny and oppression." You copy & pasted it into your OP. You are the one trying to manipulate words here. That your arguments are based on a lie means they can be dismissed.

Your track record on legal matters is laughably abysmal. I'll go out on a limb and say you will continue to be wrong here. :p

Aren't true 'Satanist' or Satan Worship an actual religion and/or the religious worship of a deity? THAT would fall under the right of access for religious purposes....but this group isn't that by their own admission and so they shouldn't be allowed on campus period. They aren't apart of a religious sect so they can't demand access under religious grounds or freedoms.

I grew up in a hardcore Christian home and community. I can tell you from long sad experience that most Christians do not make the distinction between sin and sinner. All I am is an atheist and 3/4 of my family has not spoken to me for over 20 years. The rest are hateful as hell all because I decided I no longer wanted to attend church three time s a week. Don't try to tell how Christians are, I know how they are when they drop all pretense of public piety.

Your unfortunate and wayward example does not a religion make. I feel sorry for you. I grew up similarly but learned not to hate an entire group just because of the sins of two or three of them against me personally.
Well that's awesome, try calling some of your fellow Christians out for hypocrisy and see how fast they turn on you. My case is far from unique, the gay people I have met that can never go home again is far too common. What kind of indoctrination could make anyone turn their backs on their own child?

and what does that have to do with anything???
As was pointed out, access is required for any group regardless of religion. Weather or not they are religious is rather irrelevant - they have the same right of access as the chess club.

I heard that the Chess club secretly teaches the hatred of Chinese checkers and is therefore a bigoted as well as a racist club.
That is just about as accurate as demanding that this group is a hate group and cannot have access based on that.

You can repeat your lie as often as you like, it doesn't make it true. What the spokesperson for the Satanic Temple of Seattle actually said was, "We don’t worship a deity,” he said. “We only see Satan as a metaphor for fighting religious tyranny and oppression."

"Hi, we're Satanists..only that's a lie because we don't worship Satan (at least we're telling the school we don't, we actually do). So you know straight out of the chute we're duplicitous, shifty liars. Also, the word "Satan" to us is a metaphor for our actual gig which is to depict all other religions generally as "tyrannical and oppressive." But don't worry, this whole mission of ours won't translate into religious kids getting bullied or outcast otherwise on school grounds!"

You can repeat your lie as often as you like, it doesn't make it true. What the spokesperson for the Satanic Temple of Seattle actually said was, "We don’t worship a deity,” he said. “We only see Satan as a metaphor for fighting religious tyranny and oppression."

"Hi, we're Satanists..only that's a lie because we don't worship Satan (at least we're telling the school we don't, we actually do). So you know straight out of the chute we're duplicitous, shifty liars. Also, the word "Satan" to us is a metaphor for our actual gig which is to depict all other religions generally as "tyrannical and oppressive." But don't worry, this whole mission of ours won't translate into religious kids getting bullied or outcast otherwise on school grounds!"

You sure do take a lot out of that statement that isn't there.

Satanism without deity has been around for decades. I don't see how you can say the Satanic Temple is being duplicitous, shifty liars when they openly state that they see Satan as a metaphor and not a deity. That is the opposite of lying about it. :lol:

Saying one fights against religious tyranny and oppression is not saying all religions are tyrannical and oppressive. How many times do you plan to repeat that same lie?

Do you keep calling the Satanic Temple liars in hopes it will distract from the fact your whole argument against them is based on a lie? :p

Satanism without deity has been around for decades. I don't see how you can say the Satanic Temple is being duplicitous, shifty liars when they openly state that they see Satan as a metaphor and not a deity. That is the opposite of lying about it.

Saying one fights against religious tyranny and oppression is not saying all religions are tyrannical and oppressive.

That's like saying you want to bring a group on campus called "the shit slingers"...and that group announces "our core reason for being is to sling shit at certain groups of people, x, y & z". But then you saying "I don't know how you think there's going to be any shit slung around just because they call themselves the shit-slingers!!"

It's OK. They screwed up. The announced their core edict and it is the embodiment of general intolerance towards all other faiths. They made a mistake. Live and learn. They won't be allowed to meet on campus because they announced their core intent is to teach students to regard those other students of faith as "tyrannical and oppressive" ie: "bad". Teaching intolerance will lead to bullying. Bullying isn't allowed on school grounds.

The Satanists win some and they lose some. Chalk this up to a learning experience.

Satanism without deity has been around for decades. I don't see how you can say the Satanic Temple is being duplicitous, shifty liars when they openly state that they see Satan as a metaphor and not a deity. That is the opposite of lying about it.

Saying one fights against religious tyranny and oppression is not saying all religions are tyrannical and oppressive.

That's like saying you want to bring a group on campus called "the shit slingers"...and that group announces "our core reason for being is to sling shit at certain groups of people, x, y & z". But then you saying "I don't know how you think there's going to be any shit slung around just because they call themselves the shit-slingers!!"

It's OK. They screwed up. The announced their core edict and it is the embodiment of general intolerance towards all other faiths. They made a mistake. Live and learn. They won't be allowed to meet on campus because they announced their core intent is to teach students to regard those other students of faith as "tyrannical and oppressive" ie: "bad". Teaching intolerance will lead to bullying. Bullying isn't allowed on school grounds.

The Satanists win some and they lose some. Chalk this up to a learning experience.

And you continue to repeat the lie as though you cannot actually read the quote you pulled it from.

The Satanic Temple never said, "All religions are tyrannical and oppressive". I repeat, they never said that. I've shown you what was actually said probably half a dozen times, and you copy and pasted it from the article in your OP, yet you still continue to claim they have said that all religion is tyrannical and oppressive. That was not said.

If your argument is down to complaining that they call themselves Satanists but don't worship Satan as a deity, you have no real argument.

By what I will generously call your reasoning, a person who claims to fight against government tyranny and oppression is claiming that all government is tyrannical and oppressive, or a person who claims to fight against racial tyranny and oppression is claiming that all other races are tyrannical and oppressive. Do you see how ridiculous that is?

They said they see Satan (themselves because they call themselves the "Satanists") as a metaphor for fighting religious tyranny and oppression. That's what they said. So who is the liar?

They said "we are the metaphor (the embodiment) of saying that organized religion is tyrannical and oppressive." And how is it you cannot see that translating to bullying children on school grounds wearing a cross or star of David pendant? They are the metaphor for disliking religion. How far of a jump do you or any court need to see that translating to religious kids on the playground in the form of intolerance of them? (Bullying)?

That's why I said you should be in favor of groups wanting on school grounds who call themselves, say, the "Fruitcake dislikers". Just because they say they are the metaphor for considering all homosexuals tyrannical and oppressive, doesn't mean automatically that their dislike = actual hate on the playground!...

They said they see Satan (themselves because they call themselves the "Satanists") as a metaphor for fighting religious tyranny and oppression. That's what they said. So who is the liar?

They said "we are the metaphor (the embodiment) of saying that organized religion is tyrannical and oppressive." And how is it you cannot see that translating to bullying children on school grounds wearing a cross or star of David pendant? They are the metaphor for disliking religion. How far of a jump do you or any court need to see that translating to religious kids on the playground in the form of intolerance of them? (Bullying)?

That's why I said you should be in favor of groups wanting on school grounds who call themselves, say, the "Fruitcake dislikers". Just because they say they are the metaphor for considering all homosexuals tyrannical and oppressive, doesn't mean automatically that their dislike = actual hate on the playground!...

You are incapable of seeing a difference between fighting religious oppression and tyranny and considering all religion oppressive and tyrannical. You begin with an argument you made up and run with it as though the thing you made up must be true, because you keep saying it is.

One last time. Do you see how, by your reasoning, if someone claims to be fighting government tyranny and oppression, they think all government is tyrannical and oppressive? Do you see how, by your reasoning, if someone claims to be fighting racial tyranny and oppression, they think all other races are tyrannical and oppressive?

Forum List

Back