Uproar as after-school Satan club forms at Tennessee elementary school

Because it's a State's Rights issue....not all States are set up the same way and allow religious groups access to public property (with a few rules about how they obtain access)
If Christians are allowed access then other religious groups are as well. (So long as there is no time conflict and proper reservations are made)
The Separation of State statute was created in the late 40's and the majority opinion was written by a (former) KKK member appointed by FDR. In ensuing years the concept became the law of the land and even impacted Christmas trees on public property. All of a sudden satanic worship becomes a states rights issue? Give me a freaking break. Is there something sinister in the Tennessee school system?

When one unleashes religious clubs upon the public venue this crazy stuff is bound to happen.

The Separation of State statute was created in the late 40's and the majority opinion was written by a (former) KKK member appointed by FDR. In ensuing years the concept became the law of the land and even impacted Christmas trees on public property. All of a sudden satanic worship becomes a states rights issue? Give me a freaking break. Is there something sinister in the Tennessee school system?
No....
But TN, along with many other states, allow religious groups (and non religious groups) access to public property when requests are made. But everyone is equally allowed to access the property...

Usually school grounds are used on weekdays by boy scouts or girl scouts...also after school sports teams. Same with the YMCA and drivers-Ed classes. Some even host church services on Sundays by church startups. Just because the Moslems and Satanists don't usually doesn't mean that they can't.

When one unleashes religious clubs upon the public venue this crazy stuff is bound to happen.
There is no unleashing or craziness. The 1st Amendment to the Constitution guarantees the right of everyone including school kids to engage in their religious belief system. The point is that Christians (and Jews?) lost their access to the system while satanists seem to be the ACLU's pet project.

There is no unleashing or craziness. The 1st Amendment to the Constitution guarantees the right of everyone including school kids to engage in their religious belief system. The point is that Christians (and Jews?) lost their access to the system while satanists seem to be the ACLU's pet project.
So Christian groups aren't allowed to meet? That's what you are implying.

I cant see what all the fuss is about. Its better than forming a young republican club.
America worries too much about what the kids get up to. At least it keeps kids off the streets.
All the Satanists I know are super-nice to boot. :)

Wiccans too.

It's an after-school club. Don't let your kid go. Ostracize those that do go.
The solution is quite simple.

Forum List

Back