Vulgar voicemails force debt collector to pay $1.5 million

Yes it is. It is in fact, textbook blaming the victim. Its like saying "if she hadn't dress like a tramp, she wouldn't have been raped"

Especially considering the fact the debt may not have even been valid!

Didn't you say in another thread that you do not trust corporations? The debt is disputed by the plaintiff - why do you assume he is wrong and the collection agency is right?

Seems to me you place unlimited trust in the corporation - or at least, collection agencies. "If he wasn't in debt to them, they wouldn't have called him at all" - apparently collection agencies NEVER call people that don't actually owe the debt they claim they owe - debt collection agencies are infallible according to you!

Which bit of my original comment of "I agree with the verdict" is too complex for you?

If you try really, really hard.... you might just eventually post one post that has facts and not your wild assumptions. Seriously, you're making yourself look really stupid.

Why do you assume the debt was valid?

Which bit of my original comment of "I agree with the verdict" is too complex for you?

If you try really, really hard.... you might just eventually post one post that has facts and not your wild assumptions. Seriously, you're making yourself look really stupid.

? The debtor was black?

I expect the moronic to call me a racist. I am quite surprised that you do. I had put you in the 'intelligent debater' camp. Clearly, I was wrong. I'm getting a tad sick and tired of this constant use of the race card as a route to silence those who disagree. It is pathetic, and.... it is, in itself, racist.

? The debtor was black?

I expect the moronic to call me a racist. I am quite surprised that you do. I had put you in the 'intelligent debater' camp. Clearly, I was wrong. I'm getting a tad sick and tired of this constant use of the race card as a route to silence those who disagree. It is pathetic, and.... it is, in itself, racist.

? The debtor was black?

It was a joke.

If the debt collector had chosen to follow the law, she would not have been harassed at work.

But corporations should not be bound by law, they should be above it.

Obviously, in your world individuals should not be bound by law,

I never made such a statement.

regardless of the fact that they're stealing money from corporations by agreeing to specific terms and then just changing their mind as they see fit.

Sky Dancer should have ended up in jail for theft.:eusa_whistle:

Its not a crime in the U.S. to fail to repay a debt. What fucked up country do you live in?

Seriously? LMFAO! :lol:

You are one seriously fucked up individual.

Obviously, in your world individuals should not be bound by law,

I never made such a statement.

regardless of the fact that they're stealing money from corporations by agreeing to specific terms and then just changing their mind as they see fit.

Sky Dancer should have ended up in jail for theft.:eusa_whistle:

Its not a crime in the U.S. to fail to repay a debt. What fucked up country do you live in?

Seriously?
Yes, seriously.

? The debtor was black?

It was a joke.

Well, accusing me of being a racist might be a joke to you. To me, it is offensive.

Seriously?
Yes, seriously.

:lol:
seriously entertaining.

tell it to the numerous people doing time for tax evasion, failure to pay child support etc. i'm sure they'll be thrilled to know they're not really in prison.

:rofl:
How many people are in jail for not paying their credit card bills?

"tax evasion" involves deceiving the IRS, is isn't simply not paying the tax.

And BTW, what comes after the etc. ? Not paying child support is, to my knowledge, the only circumstance under which merely refusing to pay a debt can lead to jail.

I'm not sure what the guy halfway around the world has to do with this case.

They are both cases of unpaid debts with decidedly different outcomes.

Why do you assume the plaintiff's debt was valid?

And are you aware that the basis of the jury award was violation of the fair debt collection act - and not any debt that was owed? The supposed debt owed is not relevant. The example presented of a debt owed from around the world didn't include a violation of the law by the debt collector, so I still fail to see the relevance.

Though if a debt collector were to harass a soldier serving his country on foreign land with racial slurs, he can be assured of sympathy with any jury and he would probably get a large award.

A bunch of shit irrelevant to the point.

It's a fact that both cases involved an alleged upaid debt.

It's a fact that in one case the alleged debtor lost his home.

It's a fact that in the other case the alleged debtor was awarded $1.5million by a jury.

It's also a fact apparently that my pointing this out got your panties in a huge twist.

Have a nice day twatstick :thup:

It was a joke.

Well, accusing me of being a racist might be a joke to you. To me, it is offensive.

Hey CaliGirl - Why do you assume the debt was valid?

Yes, seriously.

:lol:
seriously entertaining.

tell it to the numerous people doing time for tax evasion, failure to pay child support etc. i'm sure they'll be thrilled to know they're not really in prison.

:rofl:
How many people are in jail for not paying their credit card bills?

"tax evasion" involves deceiving the IRS, is isn't simply not paying the tax.

And BTW, what comes after the etc. ? Not paying child support is, to my knowledge, the only circumstance under which merely refusing to pay a debt can lead to jail.

i give up, how many people are in jail for not paying their credit card bills?

keep swinging, corky :thup:

It was a joke.

How was the joke personal to you? I missed it. My comment was directed to spiderman.

Last edited:
Wow, spinelesstubby seems to be on quite tear over the validity of the debt.

I guess he thinks it would've been ok to harass this guy and call him a ****** as long as the debt was vaild. I mean, why else would it matter to him?

Debt collectors violate the law and journey into hate speech, they pay.

If he'd paid his debts, it wouldn't have happened. Again, while the verdict is reasonable - the sums are just laughable. And Americans wonder why the CEO of BP is suspicious of the claims they'll be getting.
Don't assume he has debts just because a debt collector has his phone number. People have been hounded for debts already paid or for having been scammed by credit card companies.

How was the joke personal to you? I missed it. My comment was directed to spiderman.

He quoted me, he asked me and you chose to answer it by saying it was because he was black. Therein is an accusation of racism directed at me.

I'm sorry that you took it that way. It wasn't intentionaly directed at you.

Forum List

Back