Voter ID terrifies Democrats

“No one has been denied the right to vote by the Indiana Voter ID Law. The record clearly
establishes without challenge that 99 percent of the Voting Age Population in Indiana already has the required ID, in the form of driver’s licenses, passports, or other identification. Of the remaining 1 percent, senior citizens and the disabled are automatically eligible to vote by absentee ballot, and such absentee voting is exempt from the Voter ID Law.”

KNIGHT: Voter ID terrifies Democrats - Washington Times

Make them free and easy to get and then you don't have a problem. Voter suppression comes into play when you start charging and asking the elderly and minorities to jump through hoops in order to get the IDs.

Nobody is afraid of getting out the vote more than Republicans. It is a factor to Republicans when voter turnout is high, it has always been a factor. High voter turnout is good for Democrats.

“No one has been denied the right to vote by the Indiana Voter ID Law. The record clearly
establishes without challenge that 99 percent of the Voting Age Population in Indiana already has the required ID, in the form of driver’s licenses, passports, or other identification. Of the remaining 1 percent, senior citizens and the disabled are automatically eligible to vote by absentee ballot, and such absentee voting is exempt from the Voter ID Law.”

Make them free and easy to get and then you don't have a problem. Voter suppression comes into play when you start charging and asking the elderly and minorities to jump through hoops in order to get the IDs.

Nobody is afraid of getting out the vote more than Republicans. It is a factor to Republicans when voter turnout is high, it has always been a factor. High voter turnout is good for Democrats.

I wouldn't want anyone in their right mind denied the right to vote, but it seems to me that if you are elderly and voting absentee...how do you know it's the person voting and not their caregiver?

I wouldn't want anyone in their right mind denied the right to vote, but it seems to me that if you are elderly and voting absentee...how do you know it's the person voting and not their caregiver?

One person, one vote. I have wondered about tampering with the voting machines and computer tallies but we can't start second guessing people who vote and attempt to stop them on grounds that are totally baseless other than paranoid partisanship.

One person, one vote. I have wondered about tampering with the voting machines and computer tallies but we can't start second guessing people who vote and attempt to stop them on grounds that are totally baseless other than paranoid partisanship.

I suppose hacking could and probably is a problem however the larger problem are the idiots who vote multiple times under pseudonyms and the precinct captains that allow it.

Yes, they are terrified. There is no rational reason to oppose it...other than people ineligible to vote will not be able to vote.

simply untrue.

why are rightwingnuts terrified of people voting?

http://depts.washington.edu/uwiser/documents/Indiana_voter.pdf
You will not find anyone, outside of a few bigots, terrified of people voting.

You will find, however, people who hold the democratic process sacred, and who are opposed to any effort to subvert it for political gain.

Bullshit... you care nothing for the Democratic Process. In fact, the mere word Democracy has you running scared and screaming Commies. What your party WANTS is to have poor people who cannot get to a DMV office easily to give up and not vote.... that's the bottom line.

I suppose hacking could and probably is a problem however the larger problem are the idiots who vote multiple times under pseudonyms and the precinct captains that allow it.

That is a statement that you CANNOT SUBSTANTIATE and it forms the basis for your argument. Why do you have such low standards for accuracy?

This entire issue is just another way that your "leaders" have come up with to divert your attention from the real issues and their lack of desire to address them.

People everyday have to identify themselves for services, even the poor. For the most valuable liberty we have today, voting, identifying yourself is such a small task for an important freedom we shouldn't have abused. That is just common sense.

Why the Democrats are continually opposing this this and caught in voting fraud is certainly a quandry.

Last edited:
Voter ID terrifies Democrats

I am a registered demoncrat and we have done the voter ID thing here in KY for years with no worries from me.

Here's a pop quiz people...

Which of these is the truth, and which is merely a talking point of the partisan hack type.

Statement A:
it's to ensure that elderly and poor people and young people have a difficult time voting.

Statement B:
The whole point of an ID is to ensure that you are legally entitled to vote.

Considering that voter fraud is mostly a myth, the correct "truth" answer must be Statement A. Statement B falls under birther stuff.

you really are an idiot, aren't you, Shitting Bull. Comparing birther nonsense with the desire to ensure ONLY those legally entitled to vote, do so.

it is free and easy... you just have to ask. EVERY state that has instituted a voter ID law includes a free ID. Also, voters can vote provisionally even without the ID, and even if they are not listed on the rolls. They then simply have to follow the same process after that which anyone else would have to... prove they were entitled to cast the vote.

I would like to see it easier to get ID, especially for the special needs and elderly. My son's ID needs to be renewed and it's hell trying to stand in line for 2 to 4 hours with him. He just can't do it. I will say though, that if anybody is using his name to vote, they are committing fraud. He can't even tell people his last name, he sure as heck doesn't know enough to vote. Probably knows enough to be president though....:D

it is free and easy... you just have to ask. EVERY state that has instituted a voter ID law includes a free ID. Also, voters can vote provisionally even without the ID, and even if they are not listed on the rolls. They then simply have to follow the same process after that which anyone else would have to... prove they were entitled to cast the vote.

They're not free if you require them to get copies of marriage certificates, birth certificates, etc.. You know some people find even $20 bucks an expense. Poor people and those on a fixed income get to vote too. Free.

They're not free if you require them to get copies of marriage certificates, birth certificates, etc.. You know some people find even $20 bucks an expense. Poor people and those on a fixed income get to vote too. Free.

So, you should be able to get an ID, without having to actually prove who you are?

Kinda stupid.

simply untrue.

why are rightwingnuts terrified of people voting?

http://depts.washington.edu/uwiser/documents/Indiana_voter.pdf
You will not find anyone, outside of a few bigots, terrified of people voting.

You will find, however, people who hold the democratic process sacred, and who are opposed to any effort to subvert it for political gain.

Bullshit... you care nothing for the Democratic Process. In fact, the mere word Democracy has you running scared and screaming Commies. What your party WANTS is to have poor people who cannot get to a DMV office easily to give up and not vote.... that's the bottom line.
Go be stupid somewhere else. If you truly supported democracy, you'd believe in "one person, one vote".

Forum List

Back