Voter ID terrifies Democrats

no. it's not. it's to ensure that elderly and poor people and young people have a difficult time voting.

because guess who those people vote for in vast numbers....

yah...nothing partisan about it... sure there isn't.

Oh fuck off with that bullshit..

I'm sick of progressives always trying to use a sob story..

If you can't obtain an ID then guess what??? Boo fucking hoo - you're a retard...

Funny how the poor have money for 180.00 shoes but not $10.00 for a fucking state ID. Oh and I'm sure in most states a state ID is like $5.00...

Quite frankly I could care less if the ID was free - I don't believe people should get free ID's but if thats what it takes to ensure a fair election then its worth it considering its the state that issues the ID's and we're only talking about plastic. So its not exactly like it would be extremely expensive in theory, although the democrats would use it as an excuse to raise taxes...

The republicans make it so (in poor area's) they are closing down DMV's making it extremly difficult for the really really poor folks to get ID's.

The whole point of an ID is to ensure that you are legally entitled to vote. Nothing more.

The problem is that both parties at various times in thier histories have been accused of attempting to pack the ballot box. There have been enough accusations that common sense dictates that we eliminate avenues of approach. Using an ID does just that.

Those without ID don't vote. They don't get to drive, fish, hunt, buy a gun, buy alcohol, join the Marines, get into "R" rated flicks if they look young, or get into clubs IOT get stupid in public.

That sounds like cruel and unusual punishment to me. If I hadn't done all of the above I would count my life as having not lived.

Get your ID and get a life.

I'm Phil and I approved this message.

this

(except for the 'I'm Phil' part)

The republicans make it so (in poor area's) they are closing down DMV's making it extremly difficult for the really really poor folks to get ID's.

yeah... cause everyone knows there are no poor Republicans.. they are all rich, so it must be that the ONLY people affected by voter ID laws are Democrats. :rolleyes:

I'm "terrified" of voter fraud.

Besides, if you're smart enough to vote then you should have an ID.

Funny how I have to go through the ringer to buy a gun which is my Second Amendment right, yet you fucking believe I shouldn't have to present an ID to vote???

I need an ID to drive a car, buy booze, buy a gun and get into clubs that serve alcohol or even get a hat at a hockey game yet you find it too unreasonable to be ID'd to vote????

If you're too fucking dumb to obtain an ID then your vote shouldn't count...
To paraphrase Tod in Parenthood:

You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reamin' asshole vote.

yeah...look at all the rightwingnuts they allow to vote.

amazing, isn't it?

but they aren't allowed to give IQ tests. *shrug*

and the almost non-existent problem of "voter fraud" is a subterfuge....

sounds like yo8u are in favor of disenfranchising voters... well, voters you disagree with anyway. Isn't that what you whine Republicans are doing? But it's okay for you to do it, huh.

To paraphrase Tod in Parenthood:

You know, Mrs. Buckman, you need a license to buy a dog, to drive a car - hell, you even need a license to catch a fish. But they'll let any butt-reamin' asshole vote.

yeah...look at all the rightwingnuts they allow to vote.

amazing, isn't it?

but they aren't allowed to give IQ tests. *shrug*

and the almost non-existent problem of "voter fraud" is a subterfuge....

sounds like yo8u are in favor of disenfranchising voters... well, voters you disagree with anyway. Isn't that what you whine Republicans are doing? But it's okay for you to do it, huh.

feel free to pretend that's true if it makes you feel better about the rightwingnut talking points.

i assumed you were smart enough to understand when something is written tongue in cheek.

silly moi.

Here's a pop quiz people...

Which of these is the truth, and which is merely a talking point of the partisan hack type.

Statement A:
it's to ensure that elderly and poor people and young people have a difficult time voting.

Statement B:
The whole point of an ID is to ensure that you are legally entitled to vote.

What the fuck are you talking about??

There are like 7-10 secretary of states offices (DMV in Illinois) within a half our drive of me.

There are at least 5 bus stops that are within a few blocks of the secretary of state office a town over that is almost completely minority...

Which of these is the truth, and which is merely a talking point of the partisan hack type.

Statement A:
it's to ensure that elderly and poor people and young people have a difficult time voting.

Statement B:

That's funny...

you are unable to answer the question?

Is ANY Democrat willing to answer the question?

God, and what is with those rats on Fox news trying to defend the voter ID dilemma? they try to convince America that there it's no big deal to walk into a precinct with no ID to vote for President. What? all they need is a phone bill? or maybe their visa statement, or fishing license? and then what, vote there, then drive ten miles to the next precinct and vote again? for the next 12 hours?

Statement A:

Statement B:

Considering that voter fraud is mostly a myth, the correct "truth" answer must be Statement A. Statement B falls under birther stuff.

Statement A:

Statement B:

Considering that voter fraud is mostly a myth, the correct "truth" answer must be Statement A. Statement B falls under birther stuff.

Then why ya afraid for folks to have to prove who they are?

Its OK to have to show ID to buy alcohol... why is that so important?

Last time I checked, poor folks buy it too.
:eusa_whistle:

Statement A:

Statement B:

Do they have to show strict government-issued photo ID?

Voter ID: State Requirements

Do they have to show strict government-issued photo ID?

Voter ID: State Requirements

Yes... I am 43 & I still have to show it at times.

Forum List

Back