Vote Fraud Allegations Gathers Steam

CivilLiberty said:
Our nation is full of good, competent leaders. But there seems to be something about our political process that either restrains them from stepping forward or getting involved in the political process.

Jack Welsh was a terrific leader as head of GE. And Phil Condit of Boeing also retired recently. Either one would make a better leader than who we have now.

More realistically, a President needs to be or have been either a Senator, Governor, of Vice President of the US. Today, I don't see a viable candidate that inspires confidence. Once removed from the political machine though, it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

And perhaps that's the problem - the good, talented leaders go to the "smart" place - corporate America. To make it in politics, you need to make a huge personal sacrifice and enter the world of public service, develop political credentials, etc.

To make it through that process, you have to have a certain thirst for power - I don't think a purely altruistic person would also possess the personality to strive in the political world.

Regards

Andy
Agreed again-----Politicians are about power. Some seek it by leading and hope the message they carry is important to enough people to give them an opportunity to "serve". Others stick their finger to the wind to see what it is currently popular enough to gain them victory and walk the way of popularity.
Behind both of them however are the real power brokers who can invest money into a campaign with hopes of making a profit from their candidates victory.
Come election time, the political machine revs up into a frenzy. Money exchanges hands, the press promotes the candidate who will be the best for te press and people try to decipher which candidate is telling the truth. Voters can then choose to vote for the candidate who they feel is best for them personally OR they can select one who they feel is best for the country as a whole.
After the election is over, voters again have choices. They can accept the results of the election process or reject it. Those who reject it for reasons that can be documented and verified should sue and should they win, possibly the actual system of counting votes can be improved. Those who reject it merely because their candidate lost should immediately find a better candidate. It is the responsbility of those in the minorty to find a better plan for America, sell it to the people, and have the best person they can find lead the fight while all along acting like an American who tries harder the next time as opposed to sitting on the sidelines looking backwards.

spillmind said:
since all the bush lovers/america haters have totally abondoned the thread topic for lack of factual evidence supporting their claims, i've given up the debate and resorted to a tangent of my own.

sutton-2.gif

I've been reading this thread for a few minutes now and Spilly you've also not offered one shred of irrefuteable evidence as to your accusation, get a grip, its over, your views on topics were rejected out of hand by America.

Spillmind,

I challenge you to come up with one "fact" from some other news source other than a blog or some other Lefty source.

Kerry's lawyers are investigating, they still haven't found any evidence of wrongdoing. It is interesting that somebody with a stake in it can accept the loss, but you simply cannot.

It is over. Learn to accept it, it is the first step in getting over you Post Election Selection Depression (PESD).

spillmind said:
since all the bush lovers/america haters have totally abondoned the thread topic for lack of factual evidence supporting their claims, i've given up the debate and resorted to a tangent of my own.

Um....you must not have learned in school the difference between FACT and OPINION.

Let's run through a refresher.

Facts are something you can PROVE and have hard evidence to support.

Opinions are just that. They cannot be proven because it is what you THINK is right, not what is in FACT right/correct.

Example of a FACT: The sky is blue.
Example of an OPINION: Pepsi is better than Coke.

It is a fact, because it can be proven, that the sky is blue. The opinion that Pepsi is better than Coke is something that is of personal tastes.

Forum List

Back