Voluntary Random Drug testing

There is an interesting side effect. If a kid refused the random drug screening would it be assumed that he was a drug abuser? What drugs do they test for? Would a beer haunt the kid as long as he was in school? How far would the school go if a kid turned up positive?

For Middle School???

WTF??

If your child plans on participating in sports or other extra-curricular activities there's a consent form for random drug testing.

My grandson may want to join baseball or football but my grand-daughter really doesn't have any interests but studying.

I can understand if there's "reasonable suspicion", but just random.

:confused:

I advised my daughter not to sign it

what kind of drug testing?

Right?
Before ya know it, BAM!!

I feel sort of hypocritical, given my stance on drug testing for welfare recipients, since public school can be viewed as similar.....

This sort of thing was always the source of my objection to the welfare testing. I'm no fan of welfare as a rule, but I think it's a bad move to let the state starting deciding who 'deserves' government services and who doesn't. Or to require that we, or our children, sacrifice our basic rights in order to enjoy the services our taxes pay for. Students shouldn't be required to waive their rights to privacy and presumption of innocence to play sports or take advantage of any other service our schools offer.

Forum List

Back