Virginia pastor who defiantly held church service dies after being infected with the coronavirus

Your comment makes no sense; not that I’m surprised.
What part is confusing you dunce?
Hmmm...A Black Pastor dies due to giving a service by refusing to self-quarantine or closing his Church and you're saying he was inspired to give the service by Trump.

Now if what you explicitly stated is not what you meant, try explaining what you meant.
No ad hominems.
I think it typical of the black race hustling crowd that race was so important to the lib poster

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

Just sad to see its a black pastor that allowed himself to get caught up in this Trump hysteria.

The pastor is a modern day Damien of Molokai , who died in April 1889 in the Tremendous State of Hawaii. Damien was ministering and preaching to the faithful during the terrible Leprosy pandemic and ended up losing his life to the disease.

Hmmm...A Black Pastor dies due to giving a service by refusing to self-quarantine or closing his Church and you're saying he was inspired to give the service by Trump.

Now if what you explicitly stated is not what you meant, try explaining what you meant.
No ad hominems.
I think it typical of the black race hustling crowd that race was so important to the lib poster
Let's send him a picture of a Reparation check.

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

Just sad to see its a black pastor that allowed himself to get caught up in this Trump hysteria.
It's his own fault

I guess god didn't protect him this time huh?

No ad hominems.
Let's send him a picture of a Reparation check.
Ask Marky why he has me on ignore. He is a coward.

What some people don't seem to get is that germs can still find their way to you no matter how good you may be at taking whatever precautions need to be taken. All that you can do is pray that you are doing enough to stay healthy and if the germs don't eventually say to you in the worst way, "You missed a spot!", then praise the Lord.

God bless you and the man's family and congregation always!!!

Holly

Science: 1
Religion: 0
Science create C19...a tie at best.

How do you know it was science? Maybe God created it to punish you for touching yourself.
Try reading how the virus is constructed and how it hides the part of it that kills.

God must have been really mad at you, huh?

I'll tell you what. If we get it, I'll use medical science to heal me. You can pray. Sound good?
I hope you're not trying to make sense because you're not.
That's how we describe a Liberal.

Maybe you should try reading it over a few times.
I did and a lot of the Orthodox Jewish scientists in my community are thinking this was Biological Warfare for Sale.
Right, it's some conspiracy. That's got to be it. It couldn't be something that just happened. Was the Black Death engineered by European nobility?
How many scientists do you know?
My son-in-law’s mother developed medications for Ely-Lilly for 30 years.
Who do you hang with?
My father was a doctor. How many plagues did your son-in-law’s mother develop?
None...she worked in the US.
The pity is that MDs seem to have no clue but the scientists who study cells are finding unusual cell structures and behavior in the virus.
Yes, that was kind of my point. Medical researchers generally don't develop plagues (unless they work for the government). But are you saying that unusual cell structures and behavior in the virus somehow points to a malevolent intelligence creating it?
Only from the articles I've been reading.
I presume Chinese scientist work for China because when they mess up they are executed by government decree.
And we are discussing China, a nation building Islands within 200 miles of other nations and then claiming those nations belong to China.
Please don't go all China loving on me.
I'm pretty sure that I didn't mention China in my post. If you're going to claim that Covid-19 was created in a Chinese lab, I think that you ought to have at least a little evidence for a claim like that. Also, from the articles that I've been reading, scientists suspect that the virus originated in either bats or pangolins, and then jumped to humans.

Which scientists? WHO's? Red China's? Burma's?

Really? So how about that AIDS death toll? Think it's a lot higher than the death tolls of evangelical preachers?

I think you missed the point by about a mile.

In this situation, the preacher didn't listen to the dangers explained by medicine. “I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that." And then he died. Science was correct - not his religious belief. Science wins that round.

As opposed to to the giant success story of atheism and 'rationalism' re faggots and their mental disorders contributing to the spread of a much deadlier disease just out of pure mindless self-indulgence? Yes, somehow 'science' and it's alleged fan club suddenly decided the 'scientific solution' to the AIDS Crisis was to legalize faggot 'marriage' ... the brilliance and rationality is indeed impressive ... lol lol lol so much for what the left wingers and sociopaths consider to be 'science'.

Really? So how about that AIDS death toll? Think it's a lot higher than the death tolls of evangelical preachers?

I think you missed the point by about a mile.

In this situation, the preacher didn't listen to the dangers explained by medicine. “I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that." And then he died. Science was correct - not his religious belief. Science wins that round.

As opposed to to the giant success story of atheism and 'rationalism' re faggots and their mental disorders contributing to the spread of a much deadlier disease just out of pure mindless self-indulgence? Yes, somehow 'science' and it's alleged fan club suddenly decided the 'scientific solution' to the AIDS Crisis was to legalize faggot 'marriage' ... the brilliance and rationality is indeed impressive ... lol lol lol so much for what the left wingers and sociopaths consider to be 'science'.

Who claimed that a scientific solution to AIDS was to legalize gay marriage?

No ad hominems.
Yes, it was a guess on my part.

I'm not married to the idea, but it's what I believe he did.

At a minimum, he shared the same thought process w/Trump in that regard.

To me, a distinction w/o a difference.

The TDS is strong in this one

No the stupidity was strong in this case.

God has spoken.

"The situation facing us is similar. Now we sit and engage in the study of Torah, which is described by the words: For it is your life and the length of your days (Deuteronomy 30:20), and we nevertheless fear for our safety. Were we to forsake Torah, we would be in even greater danger." -- Rabbi Akiva

How is keeping your ass at home for a few Sunday mornings forsaking the Torah?

I'm calling for a march of a million black men in Washington DC to protest the Chinese virus's attack on black people!

Come together brothers! Let's show them that black lives matter. (RSVP) I am in Prague and will be unfortunately unable to attend.

What some people don't seem to get is that germs can still find their way to you no matter how good you may be at taking whatever precautions need to be taken. All that you can do is pray that you are doing enough to stay healthy and if the germs don't eventually say to you in the worst way, "You missed a spot!", then praise the Lord.

God bless you and the man's family and congregation always!!!

Holly
No. What some people dont seem to get is that people get afraid and NEED the Lord to help them cope with that fear. Church is Gods House. So they went. The preacher could have stayed home, yes, but that wouldnt have stopped the congregation from wanting to attend and probably would have even if he did stay home. He was loyal to them, and to God. Those he "spread germs to" knew the risks and went anyway obviously spreading to him and amongst each other..and those who attended knew they could be exposed.
He died. And now he sits next to God and Jesus. Lucky him.
'

Prolly died of a heart attack banging some hoes which is pretty much what Black pastors do. No disrespect!

Every time I go to the store to try to find toilet paper, grab some milk and a loaf of bread if its available, I take the chance too. Is it the Grocery stores fault if I get CHINESE virus? Nope.

Yall are hypocrites blaming this guy. Are you going to stay home when the fear that all meat sales will end or will you rush to the market/butcher to stock up your freezer?

God has spoken.

"The situation facing us is similar. Now we sit and engage in the study of Torah, which is described by the words: For it is your life and the length of your days (Deuteronomy 30:20), and we nevertheless fear for our safety. Were we to forsake Torah, we would be in even greater danger." -- Rabbi Akiva

How is keeping your ass at home for a few Sunday mornings forsaking the Torah?

Forum List

Back