Virginia pastor who defiantly held church service dies after being infected with the coronavirus

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

Just sad to see its a black pastor that allowed himself to get caught up in this Trump hysteria.

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.

Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

Just sad to see its a black pastor that allowed himself to get caught up in this Trump hysteria.
Your comment makes no sense; not that I’m surprised.

Your comment makes no sense; not that I’m surprised.
What part is confusing you dunce?
Hmmm...A Black Pastor dies due to giving a service by refusing to self-quarantine or closing his Church and you're saying he was inspired to give the service by Trump.

Now if what you explicitly stated is not what you meant, try explaining what you meant.
No ad hominems.

You can't fix stupid.

You can't fix stupid.
Yep, that pastor was dumb as fuck.

Hmmm...A Black Pastor dies due to giving a service by refusing to self-quarantine or closing his Church and you're saying he was inspired to give the service by Trump.

Now if what you explicitly stated is not what you meant, try explaining what you meant.
No ad hominems.
Yes, it was a guess on my part.

I'm not married to the idea, but it's what I believe he did.

At a minimum, he shared the same thought process w/Trump in that regard.

To me, a distinction w/o a difference.

God has spoken.

No ad hominems.

The TDS is strong in this one

No ad hominems.

The TDS is strong in this one
TDS? He's a fucking racist!

God has spoken.

"The situation facing us is similar. Now we sit and engage in the study of Torah, which is described by the words: For it is your life and the length of your days (Deuteronomy 30:20), and we nevertheless fear for our safety. Were we to forsake Torah, we would be in even greater danger." -- Rabbi Akiva

90% probability that he was a democrat.

Wow that is interesting. Then again I guess some will believe that he didn't die because of the virus.

Funny story, I was trying to make an arrangement to visit a business in a rural area. The owner refused based on some hysteria that I only have 4 employees and I can not afford to lose them. So I can allow you to visit because I live in the city. There were some confirmed case recently in the city.

Okay

Forum List

Back