Zone1 Virginia organization punishes American Jews by cancelling Menorah lighting

Lisa558

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 2021
The hatred being reigned down on America’s Jews is just despicable. In the latest event, an organization in Virginia cancelled its Menorah Lighting ceremony and said it would only go forth if Israel ceases fire.

IOW, unless Israel backs off and gives the HAMAS terrorists (who want to kill all Jews and wipe Israel to sea) a chance to re-arm, they will not celebrate Chanukah with American Jews.

Fake. Ass. News.

“The menorah lighting was never officially scheduled at our December festival. It was being discussed, but the Fire Marshall or City Manager's office had never approved the addition of a menorah lighting.”

"After consulting with the board, it was decided that we needed to continue steering clear, as we have for 14 years, of having any affiliation with any religious, political or cultural organizations or churches or anything that could cause division," Vermillion said. "We are an arts and music festival and have no interest in delving into anything other than that."

Fake. Ass. News.

“The menorah lighting was never officially scheduled at our December festival. It was being discussed, but the Fire Marshall or City Manager's office had never approved the addition of a menorah lighting.”

"After consulting with the board, it was decided that we needed to continue steering clear, as we have for 14 years, of having any affiliation with any religious, political or cultural organizations or churches or anything that could cause division," Vermillion said. "We are an arts and music festival and have no interest in delving into anything other than that."
the situation needs a bit of investigation----eg. does the arts and musical festival acknowledge ANY HOLIDAYS? If they do EASTER EGG art-----or put up a Christmas
tree-----the organization should be sued for DISCRIMINATION

Fake. Ass. News.

Yeah, right…..then why did they schedule it in the first place?! And why did they say they would RESCHEDULE it if Israel ceased fire?!

They succumbed to the pressure from the anti-Israel libs like you.

the situation needs a bit of investigation----eg. does the arts and musical festival acknowledge ANY HOLIDAYS? If they do EASTER EGG art-----or put up a Christmas
tree-----the organization should be sued for DISCRIMINATION
And note that they said they would reschedule the lighting if Isrsel did what the anti-Israel libs are demanding.

Fake. Ass. News.

The hatred being reigned down on America’s Jews is just despicable. In the latest event, an organization in Virginia cancelled its Menorah Lighting ceremony and said it would only go forth if Israel ceases fire.

IOW, unless Israel backs off and gives the HAMAS terrorists (who want to kill all Jews and wipe Israel to sea) a chance to re-arm, they will not celebrate Chanukah with American Jews.

There is a very much needed exposure of how twisted and sick the Left in America have become. It's better to watch as they out themselves for their true nature, than to stay ignorant until an even worse danger comes along. The Jewish community in Virginia should return the favor by reassessing their contributions - both in time or financial assisstance - to all organizations in that area that supported this decision. The current war in Israel is for the survival of the nation. AM YISREAL CHAI!

What a bullshit statement is that? Israel is a terrorist country run by a terrorist PM. As long as Usrael is committing genocide I'm Gaza, there is no reason to do anything in support of that.

You are right though, the treatment of Jews in this country is disgusting. Jews are not the problem. The Usrseli right is.

BTW, you need to stop this "they are trying to wipe Israel out" mantra! How the fuck do you think they can do that? They have rifles, RPG's and home made rockets, going up against a modern military with tanks, armored troop carriers, satellite communication and nuclear weapons. So, HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO DEFEAT THAT, you dishrag whore?

• Brilliant
Reactions: IM2
Thanks for the heads-up. I know where I will NOT be spending my tourist dollars.
I'd like a bit more on
Thanks for the heads-up. I know where I will NOT be spending my tourist dollars.
I'd like a bit more on Ms. Vermillion and the "members of the board" who exploited
a jewish holiday to highlight their POLITICALLY MOTIVATED and religiously motivated
biases and hatreds regarding a jewish holiday that even JESUS celebrated.

And note that they said they would reschedule the lighting if Isrsel did what the anti-Israel libs are demanding.
it's tantamount to OCTOBER 7 CELEBRATION. Judging from the delight expressed in
Mosques----regarding OCTOBER 7----it's likely to be declared a MUSLIM HOLIDAY

What a bullshit statement is that? Israel is a terrorist country run by a terrorist PM. As long as Usrael is committing genocide I'm Gaza, there is no reason to do anything in support of that.

You are right though, the treatment of Jews in this country is disgusting. Jews are not the problem. The Usrseli right is.

BTW, you need to stop this "they are trying to wipe Israel out" mantra! How the fuck do you think they can do that? They have rifles, RPG's and home made rockets, going up against a modern military with tanks, armored troop carriers, satellite communication and nuclear weapons. So, HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO DEFEAT THAT, you dishrag whore?
Nothing new here----even the mass murdering rapist dog of arabia named HIMSELF
a victim of Jewish aggression-----as did his number one FAN----adolf hitler. It's a theme
as old as the CRUCIFIX HOAX

14 years with no Jewish, Christian, or Muslim anything at the festival. But the desire from conservatives to feel like sad victims is sooo strong you can't help yourselves.

• Fact
14 years with no Jewish, Christian, or Muslim anything at the festival. But the desire from conservatives to feel like sad victims is sooo strong you can't help yourselves.
OH----you are asserting that there have never been any acknowledgements of
any christian or muslim holidays in Virginia?. I am surprised but if YOU SAY SO---
it might be "possible"

OH----you are asserting that there have never been any acknowledgements of
any christian or muslim holidays in Virginia?. I am surprised but if YOU SAY SO---
it might be "possible"
I am asserting that about this festival, as I clearly stated in the comment you quoted.

• Thanks
I am asserting that about this festival, as I clearly stated in the comment you quoted.
oh-----so you would prefer that the menorah lighting be done in association with
a DIFFERENT event??? In general, in the places I have lived during my LONG LIFE---
christmas just HAPPENED ---very publically and elaborately and included all sorts of
public venues----from the schools to the police department, fire department, parks ---
etc. So that ALL YOU NEED is no EVEN at all other than CHANUKAH ITSELF!!!!!

oh-----so you would prefer that the menorah lighting be done in association with
a DIFFERENT event??? In general, in the places I have lived during my LONG LIFE---
christmas just HAPPENED ---very publically and elaborately and included all sorts of
public venues----from the schools to the police department, fire department, parks ---
etc. So that ALL YOU NEED is no EVEN at all other than CHANUKAH ITSELF!!!!!
I would prefer that religious organizations fuck off. This is an art and music festival that has never had any kind of religious ceremony. You can't demand special treatment and then cry like a pathetic victim if you don't get it.

• Thanks
I would prefer that religious organizations fuck off. This is an art and music festival that has never had any kind of religious ceremony. You can't demand special treatment and then cry like a pathetic victim if you don't get it.
you evaded my issue which was----HAS THE ART AND MUSIC FESTIVAL ever included ANY
art or music in recognition of a holiday---like christmas or easter or divali?. I attended public
high school and did "orchestra"-----We did christmas carols EVERY YEAR.

Forum List

Back