Violent criminals are just a myth, until they aren't and you need a gun to stop them.

When you discuss gun self defense here on U.S.messageboard, the anti gunners call anyone who carries a gun for self defense cowards, and various other names...."What, you can't go outside without a gun, what kind of wimp, coward, are you." And then you get the " no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of crime so no one should ever be allowed to carry or own a gun for self defense since because no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of any crime, it is obvious that no one ever, anywhere in this country needs a gun for self defense...."

And then something like this happens.....

again- gun in the home 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy...

Did you get into a lot of trouble for defending a deranged guy who shot an unarmed black man for pushing him?
More of the bullshit 43 times

Idiot

One I have an alarm that would go off
Two I have two dogs that would make a racket

Three if he still came in after the alarm went off I'd have no problem shooting

Where you'd suck his dick and tell him to take anything he wanted

No, I'd have a society where he couldn't get a gun, and we don't have grinding poverty that causes crime...

But man, that would be tooooo hard for you! Better to cling to your gun and your bible...

I'm not opposed to guns, and certainly not against using them to defend your home. Invade my home, one of us is getting shot. Doesn't mean I'm going to hide behind a gun every minute of every day. Coward.
Progressives do not get to say what other people do with their firearm ownership

You're right. You hide behind that gun all you think you need to.------coward.
What will YOU do to protect your family when an armed burglar breaks into your home?

See...according to bulldog and the other anti gunners, crime doesn't really happen. Crime is simply a myth created by gun nuts to scare people into owning guns...in bulldog's world, no one is ever a victim and he/she/it can prove it because no one they know has ever been a victim of violent crime, therefore violent crime does not exist.

If we are against everyone being forced to open carry when out in public we are anti gunners. This last year, your bunch has lost ground and more gun legislature has become a reality. But it's been common sense laws. And most of them have not gone after all the guns. The Common Sense People are slowly winning the battle. So keep preaching and keep losing. Meanwhile, the rest of us may not be winning but we certainly are not losing.

You used to have kennedy on the court keeping the Supreme Court from hearing cases that would strike down stupid gun control laws.......

Idiot

No, I'd have a society where he couldn't get a gun, and we don't have grinding poverty that causes crime...

But man, that would be tooooo hard for you! Better to cling to your gun and your bible...

Grinding Poverty? Poverty doesn't cause crime, crime and government dependence cause poverty. Single teenage mothers raising children without fathers causes poverty and crime.

Progressives do not get to say what other people do with their firearm ownership

What will YOU do to protect your family when an armed burglar breaks into your home?

I don't need to be armed at a little league ball game to protect my family if someone breaks into my house.

Yes...tell that to the Republican baseball team when the left wing, democrat, bernie sanders supporter tried to murder them.......
What`s the big deal? Scalise didn`t mind getting shot at the baseball game. He`s still owned by the NRA.

What he did mind is the fact that several members of the baseball team had concealed carry permits for guns that they couldn't carry because of democrat gun free zone guns. If Scalise hadn't been there with his security detail, no one would have been there with a gun to shoot the attacker.... those gun free zones are on the democrats and the gun murder rate in this country is also on the democrats who refuse to keep violent gun offenders in jail.

When you discuss gun self defense here on U.S.messageboard, the anti gunners call anyone who carries a gun for self defense cowards, and various other names...."What, you can't go outside without a gun, what kind of wimp, coward, are you." And then you get the " no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of crime so no one should ever be allowed to carry or own a gun for self defense since because no one in my family has ever, ever been a victim of any crime, it is obvious that no one ever, anywhere in this country needs a gun for self defense...."

And then something like this happens.....

again- gun in the home 43 times more likely to kill a family member than a bad guy...

Did you get into a lot of trouble for defending a deranged guy who shot an unarmed black man for pushing him?

Joe...that number is a lie, you have been shown that it is a lie, even shown where the idiot who made it up, kellerman, retracted that number.

You have been shown over and over that the number is a lie and you keep posting it, making you an asshat.

Again...the main points on why that 43 number is a lie, and the actual study where kellerman changed the number...and still got it wrong...

Nine Myths Of Gun Control

Myth #6 "A homeowner is 43 times as likely to be killed or kill a family member as an intruder"

To suggest that science has proven that defending oneself or one's family with a gun is dangerous, gun prohibitionists repeat Dr. Kellermann's long discredited claim: "a gun owner is 43 times more likely to kill a family member than an intruder." [17] This fallacy , fabricated using tax dollars, is one of the most misused slogans of the anti-self-defense lobby.

The honest measure of the protective benefits of guns are the lives saved, the injuries prevented, the medical costs saved, and the property protected not Kellermann's burglar or rapist body count.

Only 0.1% (1 in a thousand) of the defensive uses of guns results in the death of the predator. [3]

Any study, such as Kellermann' "43 times" fallacy, that only counts bodies will expectedly underestimate the benefits of gun a thousand fold.

Think for a minute. Would anyone suggest that the only measure of the benefit of law enforcement is the number of people killed by police? Of course not. The honest measure of the benefits of guns are the lives saved, the injuries prevented, the medical costs saved by deaths and injuries averted, and the property protected. 65 lives protected by guns for every life lost to a gun. [2]

Kellermann recently downgraded his estimate to "2.7 times," [18] but he persisted in discredited methodology. He used a method that cannot distinguish between "cause" and "effect." His method would be like finding more diet drinks in the refrigerators of fat people and then concluding that diet drinks "cause" obesity.

Also, he studied groups with high rates of violent criminality, alcoholism, drug addiction, abject poverty, and domestic abuse .

From such a poor and violent study group he attempted to generalize his findings to normal homes

Interestingly, when Dr. Kellermann was interviewed he stated that, if his wife were attacked, he would want her to have a gun for protection.[19] Apparently, Dr. Kellermann doesn't even believe his own studies.

Now the actual study where kellerman changed that number...you have been shown this in the past, you lie in your post......

NEJM - Error

After controlling for these characteristics, we found that keeping a gun in the home was strongly and independently associated with an increased risk of homicide (adjusted odds ratio, 2.7;

--

I'm sure said piece of shit home invader will patiently wait for you to go to your gun safe( if you had one) open it and load a weapon before he rapes your daughters

Naw, he'll just wait outside for you to go to sleep, break in and then take you out.

DGU's are a myth. They don't really happen.

These are the studies that say you are wrong...

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 2.46 million each of those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....

Idiot

Says a a control freak

I don't need to be armed at a little league ball game to protect my family if someone breaks into my house.

Yes...tell that to the Republican baseball team when the left wing, democrat, bernie sanders supporter tried to murder them.......
What`s the big deal? Scalise didn`t mind getting shot at the baseball game. He`s still owned by the NRA.

What he did mind is the fact that several members of the baseball team had concealed carry permits for guns that they couldn't carry because of democrat gun free zone guns. If Scalise hadn't been there with his security detail, no one would have been there with a gun to shoot the attacker.... those gun free zones are on the democrats and the gun murder rate in this country is also on the democrats who refuse to keep violent gun offenders in jail.
Would we have so many "violent gun offenders" if you didn`t help them acquire guns?

Would we have so many "violent gun offenders" if you didn`t help them acquire guns?

Criminals steal guns or get people to break the law to get guns, and then, when they are caught, the democrats let them out again and again...... the only ones driving the gun crime rate in the U.S. is the democrat party.

Idiot

IDGAF if he had a gun or not

The fact that he would ignore the alarm and still come in tells me he doesn't give a shit about anything and is therefore a threat to me, my wife and my dogs

and yes my dogs are more important to me than some piece of shit criminal

^^^^^^^^^^Advice from a coward^^^^^^^^^

We shall see won't we?

What will you do if you are the victim of a home invasion?

Oh wait I know you'll piss you pants and watch your family members be brutalized

I'm not opposed to guns, and certainly not against using them to defend your home. Invade my home, one of us is getting shot. Doesn't mean I'm going to hide behind a gun every minute of every day. Coward.

Shows you know nothing about concealed carry

You're right. I don't know a lot about the rules of concealed carry. I do know a lot about many of the Rambo wannabeees who conceal carry 24/7.

We shall see won't we?

Oh wait I know you'll piss you pants and watch your family members be brutalized

You're right. I don't know a lot about the rules of concealed carry. I do know a lot about many of the Rambo wannabeees who conceal carry 24/7.
You don't know shit about the latter either

You are probably around people carrying every day and are none the wiser

Criminals steal guns or get people to break the law to get guns, and then, when they are caught, the democrats let them out again and again...... the only ones driving the gun crime rate in the U.S. is the democrat party.

Your claim that criminals only get guns by criminal means is pretty stupid.

Hard not to know when they take them out and play with them.

And you see that happen all the time right?

Face it there are people you will see today that are carrying and you'll be as ignorant of that fact as you are a multitude of others

Face it there are people you will see today that are carrying and you'll be as ignorant of that fact as you are a multitude of others

At least a few CC holders follow the rules, and would never see a gun as a fashion statement or a political statement. How comforting.

Yes we are all aware of how stable gun nuts are.
Official Clip ft. Jason Spencer | Ep.2 | Who Is America? | SHOWTIME

Your claim that criminals only get guns by criminal means is pretty stupid.

No, it isn't, they can't legally buy, own or carry guns because they are criminals. That means, doofus.... if they buy any gun, from anyone, they are doing so illegally, you moron.

We shall see won't we?

You mean the 17 million Americans who can legally carry guns and who have a crime rate that is better than the crime rate of sworn police officers? You don't know what you are talking about.

Forum List

Back