'View First Unread' not working right?

Bfgrn

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2009
I noticed lately that when I hit the 'View First Unread' it doesn't take me to the first unread. It takes me to the last post on the thread. On one thread it was 20 pages after the last one I read.

Anyone else having this happen? I hope it is a glitch with USMB and not my computer...

It has never worked for me. I have several weird little glitches but --

-- if you ask, a mod will tell you to delete your cookies/history/yadda-yadda but nothing changes.

It has never worked for me. I have several weird little glitches but --

-- if you ask, a mod will tell you to delete your cookies/history/yadda-yadda but nothing changes.

I delete all that every time I sign off and again when I close my browser. This just started a few days ago/ It used to work fine...

What browser are you guys using? Chrome, Firefox, Explorer?

I was using Firefox, but I am currently trying Chrome. It is still going to the last post instead of the 'first unread' post. I haven't tried IE to see if the problem still exists, but I am 0 for 2 so far...

BTW, Chrome seems much faster than FF...

Thanks...

Chrome is awesome. When I get in the office tomorrow I'll have our programmer take a look. Sorry for the inconvenience. Enjoy Chrome :)

I noticed lately that when I hit the 'View First Unread' it doesn't take me to the first unread. It takes me to the last post on the thread. On one thread it was 20 pages after the last one I read.

Anyone else having this happen? I hope it is a glitch with USMB and not my computer...

I explained how this works already.

Log out, clear your cache, and all your problems will disappear.

No they won't, actually. I've done that and I still have the problem. I'm using IE, btw, I don't like the Google monopoly thing. Anyhoo, the weird thing is that in some threads in some sections I get the first unread, but in others I get the last post. It's very random.

No they won't, actually. I've done that and I still have the problem. I'm using IE, btw, I don't like the Google monopoly thing. Anyhoo, the weird thing is that in some threads in some sections I get the first unread, but in others I get the last post. It's very random.

Thanks for your input. I have seen the same thing. On a few threads it will take me to the first unread. But most times it takes me to the last post. I cleared my cache and the problem persists. This is a recent issue. I never had this problem before.

There are, quite literally, hundreds of different browsers. Internet Explorer is such a great browser that Microsoft issued a hotfix to prevent the automatic upgrade to IE 10. Here are 9 that are made by Google.

True, there are more browsers than I can shake a stick at.

I've had this weird problem for months. I'm wondering if it has something to do with my security program rather than the browser. The program gets antsy if the wrong type of ad is on a page.

Yeah, I had to shut parts of it off before. It wouldn't let me access the internet!

I've got everything running now. Might have to switch off a few things...

Forum List

Back