Video on marijuana by Crowder.

thanatos144

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2009
Stuart Florida
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Dv4x2pRMamE]MARIJUANA!! The Truth! - YouTube[/ame]

This is a good video and I think the points it brings up is something that should be looked at when discussion legalizing drugs.

Marijuana WAS legal back in the days of Prohibition. But when the 18th Amendment was repealed The Mafia complained that they had nothing to make money with so guess what was MADE illegal?

Marijuana WAS legal back in the days of Prohibition. But when the 18th Amendment was repealed The Mafia complained that they had nothing to make money with so guess what was MADE illegal?

Did you watch the movie???? Cause your sounding like the old hippie talking about his being jailed.

America once sang `bout flyin' lizzerds inna air in one o' dey's songs...
:eusa_eh:
Hickenlooper to create task force on Colorado marijuana legalization
11/28/2012 - Gov. John Hickenlooper will create a task force to deal with the fallout from the state's legalization of marijuana use, possession and sales.
Eric Brown, the governor's spokesman, said in a statement Tuesday afternoon that the yet-to-be-formed task force will work "to identify the policy, legal and procedural issues that need to be resolved related to Amendment 64." "The task force will be charged with offering suggestions for legislative and executive actions that need to be taken for the effective and efficient implementation of the amendment," Brown said.

The task force is to include state officials, lawmakers, marijuana advocates and other "stakeholders" — likely a reference to law-enforcement, drug-treatment and community representatives. More details on the task force will be announced soon, Brown said.

The task force will need to get down to business quickly so the state can meet the deadlines set out in Amendment 64, which legalizes use and possession of up to an ounce of marijuana for those 21 and older. It also allows for commercial marijuana sales through specially licensed stores, and the state Department of Revenue must have rules for those stores in place by July 1 and begin issuing licenses for them Jan. 1, 2014.

That means lawmakers will have only one legislative session — the one beginning in early January — to write laws governing the new stores. And Revenue Department officials will have to hold a hearing on proposed rules for the stores sometime in the spring.

Read more: Hickenlooper to create task force on Colorado marijuana legalization - The Denver Post Hickenlooper to create task force on Colorado marijuana legalization - The Denver Post

See also:

Deputies find alligators guarding marijuana plants after responding to shooting
November 28, 2012 – Thurston County Sheriff's deputies found two 5-foot alligators at a marijuana grow site where a man was shot on Monday evening.
Lieutenant Greg Elwin says deputies responded to the scene in the Scott Lake area south of Olympia when a man called 911 to say he had shot another man.

The shooter told investigators that he fired in self defense, but investigators say they believe he actually shot the other man during a drug buy. The 30-year-old man who was shot was taken to a local hospital and was expected to recover.

The 41-year-old alleged gunman was booked into jail for investigation of attempted murder.

Elwin says the alligators found by deputies were likely being used to protect the drugs. The sheriff's office is working with county Animal Services to determine what will happen to the alligators.

Read more: Deputies find alligators guarding marijuana plants after responding to shooting | Fox News

Sen. Leahy needs to take a hint - the Dutch are finally realizing their marijuana experiment is a failure...

Why Amsterdam is banning marijuana use in schools
December 12, 2012 - The Dutch are getting tough on smoking pot: On Jan. 1, weed-smoking will be banned from schools and playgrounds in Amsterdam. Marijuana usage rates are lower in the Netherlands than in France, Britain, or the United States.
Amsterdam's mayor said Wednesday he would formally ban students from smoking marijuana at school, making the Dutch capital the first city in the Netherlands to do so. Eberhard van der Laan's introduction of a law that in other countries either already exists or seems so obvious it wouldn't even require a rule is the result of the Netherlands' unique drugs policy. Under the "tolerance" principle, marijuana is technically illegal here, but police can't prosecute people for possession of small amounts.

That's the loophole that made possible Amsterdam's famed "coffee shops" — cafes where marijuana is sold openly. But it has also had the unwanted side effect that Dutch children are frequently exposed to the drug in public areas. City spokeswoman Iris Reshef says schools have always forbidden pot, but found it difficult to enforce the policy when students smoked on or near campus and challenged administrators to do anything about it. "It's not really what you have in mind as an educator, that children would be turning up for class stoned, or drunk either for that matter," she said. "But it has been a problem for some schools."

After a change in national law, the city will now be able to declare as of Jan. 1 "no toking zones" — areas like schools and playgrounds where weed-smoking is forbidden — under a public nuisance ordinance. Police can then levy fines against students or anybody else who flouts the rules. The move is closely paired with a decision by the new government to ditch plans for a national "weed pass" that would have blocked tourists from buying marijuana. That was a measure years in the making, and greatly desired by southern cities such as Maastricht that have been flooded with dealers from Belgium and Germany who drive across the border to buy weed in bulk. But the weed pass was opposed by Amsterdam, where drug tourists are not generally seen as causing many problems.

Last month, Van der Laan proclaimed that coffee shops would stay open for tourists after all. In a letter Wednesday, he noted that one in three tourists who come to Amsterdam try marijuana while they're here, more than previously estimated. Wednesday's decision seems to signal a typically Dutch compromise outcome: the drug will remain available for adults and tourists who want to try it, but access for children will be restricted. After several decades of the tolerance policy, Dutch marijuana usage rates are in the middle of international norms, higher than those in neighboring Germany, but lower than those in France, Britain or the United States.

Source

See also:

Senate Judiciary Chairman: Let's Legalize 1 Oz. of Pot Nationwide
December 14, 2012 - The Democratic chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee says he plans to hold a hearing in January to consider changing federal drug laws to allow people to possess up to one ounce of marijuana.
On Thursday, Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) released a letter that he sent earlier this month to Gil Kerlikowske, the director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP), asking the nation’s drug czar how the administration intends to proceed now that two states have legalized marijuana use. In November, voters in Colorado and Washington State voted to legalize possession of small amounts of marijuana – a move which flies in the face of federal drug laws that make it a crime to possess the controlled substance. “The Senate Judiciary Committee has a significant interest in the effect of these developments on federal drug control policy,” Leahy wrote. “How does the Office of National Drug Control Policy intend to prioritize Federal resources, and what recommendations are you making to the Department of Justice and other agencies in light of the choice by citizens of Colorado and Washington to legalize personal use of small amounts of marijuana?”

Leahy, a former Vermont prosecutor, signaled that he would support legalizing small amounts of pot. “Legislative options exist to resolve the differences between federal and state law in this area and end the uncertainty that residents of Colorado and Washington now face,” Leahy wrote. “One option would be to amend the Federal Controlled Substances Act to allow possession of up to one ounce of marijuana, at least in jurisdictions where it is legal under state law. “In order to give these options full consideration, the committee needs to understand how the administration intends to respond to the decision of the voters in Colorado and Washington. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this matter.”

President Obama, meanwhile, indicated on Friday that he doesn’t intend to pressure either Colorado or Washington State to comply with federal drug laws – though he stopped short of endorsing legalization. The Associated Press reported that, in an interview with ABC’s Barbara Walters airing Friday, Obama said: “It does not make sense from a prioritization point of view” to focus on drug use in states where it is now legal.

Both Colorado and Washington State have already implemented legalization. On Monday, Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper signed an executive order officially implementing Amendment 64, the constitutional amendment that voters approved legalizing personal use and limited growing of marijuana for those 21 or older. “Voters were loud and clear on Election Day,” Hickenlooper said. “We will begin working immediately with the General Assembly and state agencies to implement Amendment 64.” Washington implemented its new law last week.

Source

Washington legalized marijuana, it's working out quite well for them.

Driver charged with DUI Marijuana after deadly crash in Vancouve - KPTV - FOX 12

VANCOUVER, WA (KPTV) -
The Vancouver Police Department arrested a man for Driving Under the Influence of Marijuana in connection with a deadly crash in Vancouver.

Investigators said the driver hit and killed a pedestrian around 5:50 p.m. on East Mill Plain Boulevard and Andresen Road.

Yeah I mean it's not like he picked out all the young kids who look like they're obviously weed smokers or anything :rolleyes:

Washington legalized marijuana, it's working out quite well for them.

Driver charged with DUI Marijuana after deadly crash in Vancouve - KPTV - FOX 12

VANCOUVER, WA (KPTV) -
The Vancouver Police Department arrested a man for Driving Under the Influence of Marijuana in connection with a deadly crash in Vancouver.

Investigators said the driver hit and killed a pedestrian around 5:50 p.m. on East Mill Plain Boulevard and Andresen Road.

That's fucked up. They should go back to having it be illegal, when no one was driving around high :rolleyes:

I think the substance of the thread is getting lost. IF you think pot should be legal cause you say it is not harmful for you your full of shit or stupid. That is what the thread is about.....If you want pot ;legal cause you think it is a liberty thing or state thing that's a totally different debate.

Its pretty simple. We jail kids for Marijuana possession, label them criminals and then throw them into the vicious cycle that is the criminal justice system. Lets say someone smokes weed and is never caught they could perhaps be a graduating senior in college with a 3.5 GPA on their way to law school because they were never caught. lets take that same kid, but this time he got caught and now he is working at his local car dealership cleaning cars because he couldnt get into college due to getting in a trouble. You wish to harm society by altering that kids path so that he doesnt do these "socially acceptable" things because he smoked a little weed in high school or college? its really not that big of a deal plenty of people smoke pot and are successful. plenty smoke and arent successful. its about the person not the weed. I dont want my tax dollars going to support somekid in jail because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Its pretty simple. We jail kids for Marijuana possession, label them criminals and then throw them into the vicious cycle that is the criminal justice system. Lets say someone smokes weed and is never caught they could perhaps be a graduating senior in college with a 3.5 GPA on their way to law school because they were never caught. lets take that same kid, but this time he got caught and now he is working at his local car dealership cleaning cars because he couldnt get into college due to getting in a trouble. You wish to harm society by altering that kids path so that he doesnt do these "socially acceptable" things because he smoked a little weed in high school or college? its really not that big of a deal plenty of people smoke pot and are successful. plenty smoke and arent successful. its about the person not the weed. I dont want my tax dollars going to support somekid in jail because he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

So instead of actually trying to defend the myth that pot isn't harmful you change the subject.......

So instead of actually trying to defend the myth that pot isn't harmful you change the subject.......

Harmful compared to what? Heroine? Alcohol? Sure pot can be harmful, so can driving. my point isnt whether its harmful or not, its that why do you want to pay a kids jail sentence because he is doing something the majority of kids experiment with anyways?
Another point I would like to add is its benefits in the medical field. Broke your collar bone? here, have some of the most addicting drugs ever produced by man.. its stupidity at its finest that oxycodon is legal for medical purposses and pot isnt.

Harmful compared to what? Heroine? Alcohol? Sure pot can be harmful, so can driving. my point isnt whether its harmful or not, its that why do you want to pay a kids jail sentence because he is doing something the majority of kids experiment with anyways?
Another point I would like to add is its benefits in the medical field. Broke your collar bone? here, have some of the most addicting drugs ever produced by man.. its stupidity at its finest that oxycodon is legal for medical purposses and pot isnt.

Why the fuck do I have compare it to anything? It is just harmful itself. Your argument gets weak when you have to say so and so is worse. It is like say well bob does it and he is worse!

Why the fuck do I have compare it to anything? It is just harmful itself. Your argument gets weak when you have to say so and so is worse. It is like say well bob does it and he is worse!

Because there are different levels of things that are deemed harmful. Alcohol is harmful, cheese is harmful, and snowboarding is harmful. It’s easy to say something is dangerous and just leave it at that, what intelligent people do is see if the benefits of allowing a certain act outweigh the harm it may cause. I am saying that the benefits of at least decriminalizing it for recreational use far outweigh the negatives we are currently facing with it being illegal.

Because there are different levels of things that are deemed harmful. Alcohol is harmful, cheese is harmful, and snowboarding is harmful. It’s easy to say something is dangerous and just leave it at that, what intelligent people do is see if the benefits of allowing a certain act outweigh the harm it may cause. I am saying that the benefits of at least decriminalizing it for recreational use far outweigh the negatives we are currently facing with it being illegal.

Harmful is harmful....You keep trying to derail the debate by saying other stuff might be worse....That doesn't matter. What matters in this debate is that pot is harmful. You cant use pot as non harmful as a tactic unless you are nothing more then a liar or idiot.

Harmful is harmful....You keep trying to derail the debate by saying other stuff might be worse....That doesn't matter. What matters in this debate is that pot is harmful. You cant use pot as non harmful as a tactic unless you are nothing more then a liar or idiot.

So by your logic we need to outlaw everything that has a harmful element to it. Where do you wish to start safety chief? Ill get the ball rolling with cupcakes and chainsaws.. Feel free to add to the list and ill have it faxed right to the department of shit that will never happen

So by your logic we need to outlaw everything that has a harmful element to it. Where do you wish to start safety chief? Ill get the ball rolling with cupcakes and chainsaws.. Feel free to add to the list and ill have it faxed right to the department of shit that will never happen

Are you gonna cry now? the thread is about the dishonesty of the pot lobby saying pot isn't harmful.....You might not understand this but it is about the truth and the lies told.....If you cant make something legal honestly then should it be? Medical Marijuana laws are nothing more then a giant lie to back door pot. If pot is so wonderful why do you have to lie about it to push the agenda?

Forum List

Back