Verse of the Day

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:
1 Corinthians 1:28

Verse(s) of the day for 4/13/2015

Thou shalt not follow a multitude to do evil; neither shalt thou speak in a cause to decline after many to wrest judgment:
Exodus 23:2

Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
3 John 1:11

What man is he that desireth to see life, and loveth many days, that he may see good? Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good, seek peace, and pursue it. The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry. The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
Psalm 34; 12-16

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil, whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother. For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another. Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
1 John 3:10-12

Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer, and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him.
1 John 4:15

Last edited:
You shall not eat anything with the blood, nor shall you practice divination or soothsaying. You shall not shave around the sides of your head, nor shall you disfigure the edges of your beard. You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks on you: I am the LORD.

Leviticus 19:26-28

These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest, to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever. For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through must wantoness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. For if after they escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning. For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

But is is happened to them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again, and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

2 Peter 2:17-22

And the commentary from Mathew Henry:

Parallel Commentaries
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary

2 Peter 2:17-22 The word of truth is the water of life, which refreshes the souls that receive it; but deceivers spread and promote error, and are set forth as empty, because there is no truth in them. As clouds hinder the light of the sun, so do these darken counsel by words wherein there is no truth.

Seeing that these men increase darkness in this world, it is very just that the mist of darkness should be their portion in the next. In the midst of their talk of liberty, these men are the vilest slaves; their own lusts gain a complete victory over them, and they are actually in bondage. When men are entangled, they are easily overcome; therefore Christians should keep close to the word of God, and watch against all who seek to bewilder them.

A state of apostacy is worse than a state of ignorance. To bring an evil report upon the good way of God, and a false charge against the way of truth, must expose to the heaviest condemnation.

How dreadful is the state here described! Yet though such a case is deplorable, it is not utterly hopeless; the leper may be made clean, and even the dead may be raised. Is thy backsliding a grief to thee? Believe in the Lord Jesus, and thou shalt be saved.

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things.

Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

I therefore run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air:

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee: fear not, neither be dismayed.
Deuteronomy 31:8

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death into life.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.
For as the Father hath life in himself, so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself; And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because is the Son of man.

Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth: they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life: and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

I can of myself do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just: because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
John 5:24-30

I, even I, am he that comforteth you: who art thou, that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, and of the son of man which shall be made as grass: And forgettest the Lord thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth: and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor?
Isaiah 51:12,13

and this:

........I am the LORD: for they shall not be ashamed that wait for me. Shall the prey be taken from the mighty, or the lawful captive delivered? But thus sayeth the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered: for I will contend with him that contendeth with thee, and I will save thy children. And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh, and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the Lord
am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob. Isaiah 49: latter part of verse 23, verse 24,25,26

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him: and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are my ways your ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55:6-11

For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not hither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it to bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater: So shall my word be that goeth forth from my mouth: It shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
Isaiah 55:12-13

Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
1 Corinthians 6: 9,10

Strengthen ye the weak hands, and confirm the feeble knees. Say to them that are of a fearful heart, Be Strong, fear not; behold your God will come with vengeance, even God with a recompence; he will come and save you.
Isaiah 35:3,4

Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
Psalms 31:19

and

The Lord is nigh unto all them that call upon him, to all that call upon him in truth. He will fulfill the desire of them that fear him: he will also hear their cry, and save them.
Psalm 145:18-19

And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked? Peradventure there be fifty righteous men within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?

That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, and be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?

And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.

And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the LORD, which am but dust and ashes:

Peradventure there shall lack five of the fifty righteous: wilt thou destroy all the city for lack of five? And he said, I find forty and five, I will not destroy it.

And he spake unto him yet again, and said, Peradventure there shall be forty found there. And he said, I will not do it for forty's sake.

And he said unto him, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak: Peradventure there shall thirty be found there. And he said I will not do it, if I find thirty there.

And he said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord: Peradventure there shall be twenty found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for twenty's sake,

And he said, Oh let not the Lord be angry, and I will speak yet but this once: Peradventure ten shall be found there. And he said, I will not destroy it for ten's sake.

And the Lord went his way, as soon as he had left communing with Abraham returned unto his place.
Genesis 18:22-33

Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themselves and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, against his anointed,
saying,
Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.
He that sitteth in heaven shall laugh: The Lord shall have them in derision.
Psalm 2:1-4

and

Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth.
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are they that put their trust in him.
Psalm 2: 10-12

Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.
Psalm 32:1,2

Ezekiel 23:20

She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey's and emissions like those of a horse.

She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey's and emissions like those of a horse.

That is not the King James Version translation - but in case you didn't know - it is in reference to the spiritual adultery against God - by His own people. God is speaking directly to Aholibah in verse 22 .....Therefore, Aholibah, thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will raise up thy lovers against thee, from him thy mind is alienated, and I will bring them against thee on every side..........
Who is God speaking to? Jerusalem and Judah. Who is he going to bring against them? The Babylonians, Chaldeans, Pekod, Shoa, and Koa and all the Assyrians with them.............see Ezekiel: 22,23

here is a commentary on the subject:

Ezekiel 23 44 And they slept with her. As men sleep with a prostitute so they slept with those lewd women Oholah and Oholibah.

Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
23:1-49

A history of the apostacy of God's people from him, and the aggravation thereof. - In this parable, Samaria and Israel bear the name Aholah, her own tabernacle; because the places of worship those kingdoms had, were of their own devising. Jerusalem and Judah bear the name of Aholibah, my tabernacle is in her, because their temple was the place which God himself had chosen, to put his name there.

The language and figures are according to those times. Will not such humbling representations of nature keep open perpetual repentance and sorrow in the soul, hiding pride from our eyes, and taking us from self-righteousness? Will it not also prompt the soul to look to God continually for grace, that by his Holy Spirit we may mortify the deeds of the body, and live in holy conversation and godliness?

There is no difference. (The Tanach is the Old Testament) I'm using the original translation - King James Version (whereas you are reading a modern translation - comparable to the NIV - not recommended) While you are reading the Tanach / Torah ....let me give you something to prove life after death (one life and one death - not many - and then the judgment) and the reality of hell. In my Old Testament (your Torah) in the Book of Daniel we read the following:

And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
Daniel 12:2

There is more than one resurrection spoke of in the Bible, Guno. You should know about the resurrection to come in which some shall awake to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. ( God warned My people perish for lack of knowledge).

Because although you are quoting the Torah / Tanach - you do not obey what it says.

You are like a man who looks in a mirror and walks away forgetting his own image. You were created in the image of God - see Genesis 1:26 - but by rejecting the garment which Christ purchased for you at the cross - you deny the Gift of God and choose to wear the garments his enemy offers you instead (filthy rags).

What hope is there for you when you trample the Scriptures and do those things the Scriptures forbid? You deny that God has said to have nothing to do with the occult, witchcraft, satanism, wickedness and instead attack His own servants who have spoken out against it (such as John Todd). Yes, while Todd is seated with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, you yourself will be shut out of the kingdom of God because the Torah you refer to is about the very One you deny!

Jesus Christ the Messiah.

You think you are exempt because you were born a Jew? God could raise up rocks to become Jews if He so wished. Indeed he did as His followers are called living stones and inwardly - we are Jews - See Romans 8 and tell me what good shall being Jewish do you if you leave this earth without Messiah - do you not know it is your body that will go in the dust and not your spirit and soul?

For another picture of hell - let me give you Isaiah 66:24:

And it shall come to pass that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
And they shall go forth and look upon the carcasses of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched: and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.
Isaiah 66:24

What place is this? It's hell. This is where all men shall go that have transgressed against the LORD and rejected His offer of salvation. Why will their worm not die, neither their fire be quenched? Because that is their judgment and they shall suffer in it eternally, Guno.
There would be no point in a fire that didn't quench and a worm that did not die if it were not for their appointment to torment the wicked.

Know this! A spirit does not die! It remains and continues on.... Which is why the angel who smote 185,000 men in a single night thousands of years ago - is still doing warfare today!

It is why Satan shall be bound by a chain (by one holy angel - because that is all it takes - one holy angel) and cast into the pit of hell - it is why all men and women must live eternally in one of two places. Heaven. Or Hell. Which shall it be? Will you choose the blessings of God? Or the curse of Almighty God? God is a God of love and God is a God of Wrath. He is Almighty God and He is Lord over heaven, over the earth and over all that is under the earth (and sea).
Kiss the Son, lest he be angry and ye perish from the way when his wrath is kindled but a little.........
(from Psalm 2)
King David, Isaiah & Moses worshipped the LORD in the beauty of His Holiness. Those who worship God must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth.

Last edited:
I would seek unto God, and unto God would I commit my cause: Which doeth great and marvellous things without number: Who giveth rain upon the earth, and sendeth waters upon the fields:

To set up on high those that be low; that those who mourn be exalted to safety.

He disappointeth the devices of the crafty, so that their hands cannot perform their enterprise.

He taketh the wise in their own craftiness: and the counsel of the froward is carried headlong.

They meet with darkness in the daytime, and grope in the noonday as in the night.

But he saveth the poor from the sword, from their mouth and from the hand of the mighty.

So the poor hath hope, and iniquity stoppeth her mouth.
Job 5:8-16

and

Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth: therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty:

For he maketh sore, and bindeth up: He woundeth, and his hands make whole.

He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil befall thee.

In famine he shall redeem thee from death: and in war from the power of the sword.

Thou shalt be hid from the scourge of the tongue, neither shalt thou be afraid of destruction when it cometh.

At destruction and famine thou shalt laugh: neither shalt thou be afraid of the beasts of the earth.

For thou shalt be in league with the stones of the field: and the beasts of the field shall be at peace with thee.

And thou shalt know that thy tabernacle shall be peace, and thou shalt visit thy habitation and shalt not sin.

Thou shalt also know that thy seed shalt be great, and thine offspring as the grass of the earth.

Thou shalt come to a full age, like as a shock of corn cometh in his season. Lo this, we have searched it, so it is, and know thou it for thy good.
Job 5:17-27

Forum List

Back