Verse of the Day

But exhort one another daily while it is called today; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end. While it is said, Today if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation.
Hebrews 3:13-15

What man is he who desires life, and loves many days, that he may see good? Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good, seek peace, and pursue it. The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry. The Face of the LORD is against them who do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. The righteous cry, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all of their troubles. The LORD is near unto them who are of a broken heart and saves such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivers him out of them all.
Psalm 34:12-19

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen are not made by things which appear.

By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God.

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out to a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

By faith he sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise:

For he looked for a city whose builder and maker is God.

Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged him faithful who had promised.

Therefore sprang there even one, and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed they were pilgrims on the earth.

For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country, and truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned.

But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

Hebrews 1:-16

These words spoke Jesus, and lifted up His Eyes to heaven, and said, Glorify your Son that your Son may also glorify you. As you gave Him power over all flesh that He should give Life Eternal, that they might know You the Only True God, and Jesus Christ, Whom You have sent. I have glorified you on earth: I have finished the work which You gave me to do. And now, O Father, Glorify Thou Me with Thine Own Self the Glory which I had with you before the world was. John 17:1-5

For any who doubted that Jesus Christ is God - there it is. God does not share His Glory with any flesh. It is a sin to touch God's glory, to attempt to steal God's glory - which is what man does when he tries to lift up man instead of Jesus Christ. When Jesus Christ is lifted up he draws all men unto Himself. Not when a man is lifted up. Not when some human being - some famous preacher, false teacher or false prophet is lifted up. Not when an evangelist or pope is lifted up. Not when a religion is lifted up. Not when Mary or dead people are lifted up. Only when Jesus Christ who was before the foundations of the earth, is lifted up. Who is the King of kings and the Lord of Lords? Jesus Christ.
Who are the kings Jesus Christ is King over? If you are a born again Christian? You are. Who are the Lords Jesus Christ is lord over? If you are a born again Christian? You are. As Christians, we must walk in our authority abiding in Christ and His Word abiding in us. Listen to what the LORD says to you, Christian:

Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by Me: whosoever shall gather together against you shall fall for your sake.

No weapon formed against you shall prosper and every tongue that shall rise up against you in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their righteousness is of me sayeth the LORD.
Isaiah 54:15, 16

Last edited:
What man is he who desires life, and loves many days, that he may see good? Keep your tongue from evil, and your lips from speaking guile. Depart from evil, and do good, seek peace, and pursue it. The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry. The Face of the LORD is against them who do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth. The righteous cry, and the LORD hears, and delivers them out of all of their troubles. The LORD is near unto them who are of a broken heart and saves such as be of a contrite spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivers him out of them all.
Psalm 34:12-19

This reminds me of the following Hadith (the Hadiths are the sayings of Muhammad, peace be upon him and his family):

Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) delivered a Khutbah to us the like of which I had never heard from him before. In the course of the Khutbah, he said: "If you knew what I know, you would laugh little and weep much". Thereupon those present covered their faces and began to sob.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anas_ibn_Malik

Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by Me: whosoever shall gather together against you shall fall for your sake.

This reminds me of the following Hadith:

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar:
The Prophet said, "After me (i.e. after my death), do not become disbelievers, by striking (cutting) the necks of one another.
(Bukhari)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_ibn_Umar

No weapon formed against you shall prosper and every tongue that shall rise up against you in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD and their righteousness is of me sayeth the LORD.
Isaiah 54:15, 16

This reminds me of the followig Hadith:

`Amr bin `Auf Al-Ansari (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) sent Abu `Ubaidah bin Al-Jarrah (May Allah be pleased with him) to Bahrain to collect (Jizyah). So he returned from Bahrain with wealth. The Ansar got news of it and joined with the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) in the Fajr prayer. When the Prophet (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) concluded the prayer, they stood in his way. When he saw them, he smiled and said, "I think you have heard about the arrival of Abu `Ubaidah with something from Bahrain". They said, "Yes! O Messenger of Allah!". He (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "Rejoice and hope for that which will please you. By Allah, it is not poverty that I fear for you, but I fear that this world will be opened up with its wealth for you as it was opened to those before you; and you vie with one another over it as they did and eventually it will ruin you as it ruined them". (Muslim)

I beseech you therefore, Brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world, but be you transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, Will of God.
Romans 12:1-2

And the word of the LORD came to Elijah in Samaria:
Arise, go down to meet Ahab king of Israel, which is in Samaria: behold, he is in the vineyard of Naboth, whither he is gone down to possess it. And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, Has thou has killed, and also take possession? And thou shalt speak unto him, saying, Thus saith the LORD, In the place where dogs licked the blood of Naboth shall dogs lick thy blood, even thine.
And Ahab said to Elijah, Has thou found me, O mine enemy? And he answered, I have found thee: because thou has sold thyself to work evil in the sight of the LORD. Behold, I will bring evil upon thee, and will take away thy posterity, and cut off from Ahab him that pisseth against the wall, and him that is shut up and left in Israel.
And will make thine house like the house of Jeroboam the son of Nebat, and like the house of Baasha the son of Ahijah for the provocation wherewith thou hast provoked me to anger, and made Israel to sin.
And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.
1 Kings 21:17-23

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

Beware of false prophets, which come to you, in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.
Matthew 7:15

Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.
3 John 1:11

The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
One thing I have desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.
For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavillion: in the secret place of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me upon a rock.
And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
Psalm 27: 1-6

But they mocked the messengers of God, and despised his words, and misused his prophets, until the wrath of the LORD arose against his people, till there was no remedy.
Therefore he brought upon them the king of the Chaldees, who slew their young men with the sword in the house of their sanctuary, and had no compassion upon young man or maiden, old man, or him that stooped for age: he gave them all into his hand.
II Chronicles 36:16,17

This morning I learned that it is believed Paul was beheaded a few miles outside Rome about April or May of 68 A.D. and Nero committed suicide shortly afterwards. As a Roman, Paul could not be crucified (as Peter was - who was not a Roman - Peter was crucified upside down). I didn't realize that Paul was an old man when he died but considering its believed he died 68 A.D. and he was probably at least 30 years old at the time of the Lord's crucifixion - he must have been close to 100 years old. I have to believe Paul outlived most of his enemies! I'm also impressed that Nero took his own life right after Paul died - according to the study done on Paul's life. While Paul's reward was just beginning, Nero's punishment (in hell) had just begun! The timing is truly interesting!

Last edited:
The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart: the commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes.

The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether.

More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb.

Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.
Psalm 19: 7-11

Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins, let them not have dominion over me, then shall I be upright, and I shall be innocent from the great transgression.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:12-14

For I would not, Brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits, that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

And so all Israel shall be saved, as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant, unto them, when I shall take away their sins. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.

For as ye in times past, have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief.

Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.

For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

For who hath known the mind of the LORD? or who hath been his counseller?

Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed to him again? For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever.
Amen.
Romans 11:25-36

Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.

Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Hebrews 12:1-4

"And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death."
Revelation 12:11

When thou art come into the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations. There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer. For all that do these things are an abomination unto the LORD: and because of these abominations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
Deut. 18:9-12

The Lord hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.
Proverbs 16:4

These verses all fit together perfectly. So let this speak to your heart today, Beloved and receive it for yourself, your loved ones and family members.

When thou passeth through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For am the Lord thy God...
Isaiah 43:2,3a (KJV)

Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
Joshua 1:3 (KJV)

This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
1 Timothy 1:18 (KJV)

Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
1 Timothy 1:19 (KJV)

Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it
to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
Joshua 1:7

And the final scripture - Joshua 1:8 (KJV)
It is written:
Joshua-1-9.jpg

Last edited:
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary roams about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith, knowing that the same sufferings are experienced by your brotherhood in the world.
1 Peter 5:8,9

Jesus Christ is the Lion of Judah. Satan counterfeits many things spoken of in the Bible. Notice the word says he roams about like a roaring lion. But note the difference in the nature of God and the nature of Satan. Satan is roaming about seeking whom he may devour. Jesus is seeking whom He may save. Not devour. Jesus did not come to condemn that world but that through him the world might be saved. Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior? Why not invite the LORD to become your Lord and Savior today? Read Romans 10:9,10.

Forum List

Back