Vermont DID IT!

Which states aren't allowed to apply for a waiver?

It's who gets the waivers, not who applies for them that matters.

And it isn't just states who get waivers. It's even individual restaurants.

I think you're intelligence controller is set on terminally stupid.

Really? Canadians despise it when they get really sick, do they? How do you come to that conclusion?

Many of them have said so. Also, many of them come to the US to get the treatment they need. Furthermore, in the last election, the conservatives ran on a platform of privatizing large portions of their healthcare system

See, I'm a Canadian. I go back to Canada often. I've had friends and family get really sick. Some have died. And Canadians do not despise their system, even those who get really sick. And do you know which system Canadians do NOT want to be like? The American system. The American system, fair or not, is constantly held up as what could happen if Canadians move away from Medicare.

So what you believe is not correct.

after Democrat federal overspending and bankrupting state deficits, what is the unemployment Rate today in VT?

LOL

Democrats are prosperity do not mix

See, I'm a Canadian. I go back to Canada often. I've had friends and family get really sick. Some have died. And Canadians do not despise their system, even those who get really sick. And do you know which system Canadians do NOT want to be like? The American system. The American system, fair or not, is constantly held up as what could happen if Canadians move away from Medicare.

Horseshit. I was just in Toronto a month ago. I also know a few Canadians.

I was listening to three ham operators from Canada a few months ago, They were all older men. One of the men, 72, mentioned his recent hip replacement. They talked about health care for a while and all expressed their satisfaction with their health care.

:lol:

Hey, you "know" a few Canadians. You "know" that Canadians "despise" their medical system when they get really sick.

rofl

:thup:

Ideologues will believe anything if it supports their worldview, no matter how wrong.

_39639881_breaking_news2_203.jpg

May 26, 2011

"Last month, the Vermont Senate passed legislation, approved earlier by the House, that would establish a single payer health care system in the state. The legislation would make Vermont the first state in the nation to, as Gov. Peter Shumlin (D) said, make health care “a right and not a privilege.”

The governor’s office just confirmed for ThinkProgress that Shumlin signed the legislation into law this morning, making the state the first in American history to pass legislation that will establish a single payer health care system to provide care to all citizens."

How sad that an idiot could be elected to Gov without even knowing the difference between healthcare and healthcare INSURANCE. Pretty sure Vermonters had a right to healthcare before this bill.

All they passed was a framework. they don't how they're going to pay for it, or the details for how it'll work. I haven't seen squat about whether they cover pre-existing conditions, whether there's a cap on benefits, how do those below the poverty line pay the co-pays.

May 26, 2011

"Last month, the Vermont Senate passed legislation, approved earlier by the House, that would establish a single payer health care system in the state. The legislation would make Vermont the first state in the nation to, as Gov. Peter Shumlin (D) said, make health care “a right and not a privilege.”

The governor’s office just confirmed for ThinkProgress that Shumlin signed the legislation into law this morning, making the state the first in American history to pass legislation that will establish a single payer health care system to provide care to all citizens."

I'm OK with that. It's within state constitutional right to do so.

Thousands of waivers have been handed out, but we're supposed to believe there were only 67 denials?

The number is actually about 1300, not "thousands." That list of denied applications is from February, when the total approved was around 700. And yes, that number of denials sounds very much right: see Steven Larsen's February testimony ("As of February 1, 2011, CCIIO has approved 90 percent of waiver applications from employers, insurers, and other applicants.")

Only a small proportion of waiver applications have been denied and the majority of those have been union applications.

What point are you trying to make here? The first state to receive an MLR adjustment was Maine, a state whose government is now entirely Republican and whose governor publicly told Obama to go to hell.

Obviously making you an expert now. You make me smile.

Thousands of waivers have been handed out, but we're supposed to believe there were only 67 denials?

The number is actually about 1300, not "thousands." That list of denied applications is from February, when the total approved was around 700. And yes, that number of denials sounds very much right: see Steven Larsen's February testimony ("As of February 1, 2011, CCIIO has approved 90 percent of waiver applications from employers, insurers, and other applicants.")

Only a small proportion of waiver applications have been denied and the majority of those have been union applications.

What point are you trying to make here? The first state to receive an MLR adjustment was Maine, a state whose government is now entirely Republican and whose governor publicly told Obama to go to hell.

He has no point, unless you consider hating anything Obama does as being a point.

So, does anybody know who pays for the co-pays for the unemployed or people at or below the povety line under the Vermont system? Only 3 options that I can see:

1. Nobody, the doctor is required to provide treatment and eat the co-pay himslef.

2. Patient has to pay or no teatment.

3. The system pays it and the patient gets totally free medical care at any time.

Did I miss an option? I'm guessing option #2 is out, so either the provider or the rest of us cover the co-pay. I read where it could take years to hammer out the details and implement this thing. I think we should halt ObamaCare until we see how this works out. Changes do need to be made, but so far I don't see much that actually holds down costs.

Passing the legislation was a first step. There remains significant work to do in filling in the details of the system's design.

(3) The Green Mountain Care board shall consider whether to impose cost-sharing requirements; if so, whether to make the cost-sharing requirements income-sensitized; and the impact of any cost-sharing requirements on an individual’s ability to access care. The board shall consider waiving any cost-sharing requirement for evidence-based primary and preventive care; for palliative care; and for chronic care for individuals participating in chronic care management and, where circumstances warrant, for individuals with chronic conditions who are not participating in a chronic care management program.

It's laid out clearly in the legislation. Primarily, states may opt out if they produce a plan that achieves the coverage rates and covered activities that the federal plan achieves.

Not sure why you find that funny.

That has nothing do with the waiver's being discussed here which are granted purely at the whim of some bureaucrat.

Excuse me? We're discussing the waiver that the State of Vermont is applying for. The criteria for that waiver is specifically spelled out in the legislation.

PLease try to stay on topic, will ya?

May 26, 2011

WRONG on both counts...it is neither right NOR privilege...As usual Vermont Socilists get it wrong...it is an individual RESPONSIBILITY.

Forum List

Back