Vermont DID IT!

Mr. Shaman

May 4, 2010
_39639881_breaking_news2_203.jpg

May 26, 2011

"Last month, the Vermont Senate passed legislation, approved earlier by the House, that would establish a single payer health care system in the state. The legislation would make Vermont the first state in the nation to, as Gov. Peter Shumlin (D) said, make health care “a right and not a privilege.”

The governor’s office just confirmed for ThinkProgress that Shumlin signed the legislation into law this morning, making the state the first in American history to pass legislation that will establish a single payer health care system to provide care to all citizens."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=allQtB3sHVA]YouTube - ‪Elizabeth Kucinich describes HR 676 - Single Payer Healthcare‬‏[/ame]

Congratulations Vermont! You're going to be exporting working Americans and importing welfare seekers. Don't expect the rest of America to bail you out when you start to reap the consequences of this kind of fiscal irresponsibility.

Well, Vermont was forced to do it by the Federal Government. The only way that states can cover as many people as ObamaCare is by using ObamaCare’s tactic of forcing people to buy exorbitantly costly health insurance. And if they’re not going to use an individual mandate, the only remaining option is a single-payer health care system.

Isn't this great? Federal laws are fueling the relentless growth in the cost of health care and Obama is forcing States to make it even costlier. I'm sure that makes sense to the mentally challenged.

Well, Vermont was forced to do it by the Federal Government. The only way that states can cover as many people as ObamaCare is by using ObamaCare’s tactic of forcing people to buy exorbitantly costly health insurance. And if they’re not going to use an individual mandate, the only remaining option is a single-payer health care system.

Isn't this great? Federal laws are fueling the relentless growth in the cost of health care and Obama is forcing States to make it even costlier. I'm sure that makes sense to the mentally challenged.

They don't care. When it fails they'll just blame the rich right wingers for not paying their fair share.

heres your problem rigthies.

These systems do work and they have worked better than the system we have now in this country.

The facts are that the US spends more than anyone and gets a much lower level of care than other countries who have single payer.

Its not a matter of IF it will work better , It will and has proven over and over again to work better.

and for the record, Vermont did not pass a single-payer healthcare plan. We passed a framework proposal to move towards such a system over the next several years.

heres your problem rigthies.

These systems do work and they have worked better than the system we have now in this country.

The facts are that the US spends more than anyone and gets a much lower level of care than other countries who have single payer.

Its not a matter of IF it will work better , It will and has proven over and over again to work better.

Bullshit. This is what is going to make our level of care decrease. Peddle that shit elsewhere.

Congratulations Vermont! You're going to be exporting working Americans and importing welfare seekers. Don't expect the rest of America to bail you out when you start to reap the consequences of this kind of fiscal irresponsibility.

I'm sure they thought the same thing, in Canada, until they found-out how well it worked....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Mv252WMsSY]YouTube - ‪Tommy Douglas remembered‬‏[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JESqonEPjbg]YouTube - ‪SICKo - Michael Moore Documentary Part 1/13‬‏[/ame]​

I will be very curious to see how this turns out. But the good kind of curious, not the morbib "how bad is it gonna fail" curious.

I always supported the idea of a state based single payer system. It's god to see that one state is trying it out before the feds shoved a messed up version on the whole county.

I will be very curious to see how this turns out. But the good kind of curious, not the morbib "how bad is it gonna fail" curious.

I always supported the idea of a state based single payer system. It's god to see that one state is trying it out before the feds shoved a messed up version on the whole county.
The for-profit health-insurance companies have to be shittin'-themselves, presently!!!!

BLAME CANADA!! BLAME CANADA!!

Last edited by a moderator:

The for-profit health-insurance companies have to be shittin'-themselves, presently!!!!​

Not at all. This is just one state and it will take a good number of years before an accurate snapshot of the program can be evaluated.

And besides, all of the mandated business that they'll get from Obamacare should keep them afloat for a long time.

Should be interesting to see how it fares in VT.

I wonder if the legislature decided this or if the taxpayers voted it in??

I'm willing to bet the former is the case.

Forum List

Back